Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

On 10/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, WhiteWolf said:

I wonder for how long Bethesda will keep funding games like EW, Wolfenstien and Dishonored games.  These games are clearly not big money makers for Bethesda like ES and Fallout games. 

EW and Dishonored both failed to make NPD charts at launch. 

On 10/19/2017 at 12:29 AM, WhiteWolf said:

Get PS4 if you care about microtransactions free Single player exclusives. Sony still funding lot of expensive looking AAA Single player games without microtransactions. 

PC is full of Gaas type games lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wow 2017 post?  Damn ponies goto crazy length and effort to fight for their plastic box lol.

Why dig 3 year old post, when all you had to do, go and check Bethesda acquisition thread and search for my post where i said/replied to ank, telling him Dishonoured, Evil Within nd Wolfenstein are not big  sellers like ES and Fallout but still good games. I never denied this ever lol. 

And PS4 stuff I said is still true,  they have more SP AAA games right now without MTs.  I never denied or argued on this topic also. If i did then show me that post. Im sure you all can dig such posts as well if u can dig my 3 year old post lol.

Sorry maximus. You just wasted your time for no reason lol.0

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

To me you replied that Wolfenstein is a success critically &!! commercially

which it clearly isn’t

Anyway

Only Bethesda games in last 10 years to reach the must play category was Skyrim & Dishonoured 1     

Some more were great but not Goty category 

Sony Games are in Goty category almost every year 

M$ may have more studios in numbers now but Sony is still in lead when it comes to quality 

Bethesda games are consistently rated very high , go check the meta. 
Though Some of them might not have done well commercially , inspite of good reviews.

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

To me you replied that Wolfenstein is a success critically &!! commercially

which it clearly isn’t

Anyway

Only Bethesda games in last 10 years to reach the must play category was Skyrim & Dishonoured 1     

Some more were great but not Goty category 

Sony Games are in Goty category almost every year 

M$ may have more studios in numbers now but Sony is still in lead when it comes to quality 

Hmm Can u show me that post coz i can't  find it but i do remember what  i said. I said Doom sold good but other were critically acclaimed but low on sales 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

GOTY material:- Skyrim,Dishonoured 1

Great:- Dishonoured 2,Wolfenstein 2 ,Doom 1&2 ,FO4 

Mediocre:- Evil Within 1&2,Rage 1&2,Prey,Wolfenstein 1&3 ,FO 76 

& that’s exactly what I said :-

Only two were GOTY & both!! were almost a decade ago 

Some are great over the years 

Rest all mediocre 

I'd disagree. Some of those weren't mediocre, just not GOTY I'd say.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Personal choices are not really the point here 

they were all bellow 80 on metacritic 

maybe mediocre isn’t the right word & it should be “Good” 

but not “Great” or “Very high” Either

Point taken. 

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

2 in “Very High” (10 years ago) 

5 in “Great” 

7 in “Good” or bellow 

that’s not really a “consistent very high” like trigger said 

Haha... 70-80 percent games you mentioned are good games and almost 50 percent are great games acc to you .. that’s very good 

Edited by hsk_colossus

Bhai Ank, kyo time waste kar raha hai? Everybody who has played Prey, Wolfy 1 and TEW 2 know how good those games are. Stop trying to convince everyone here that Playstation losing Bethesda games is not a big deal :P

I mean, it's not a big deal, point taken by everyone, now we all move on :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Everybody who has played Prey, Wolfy 1 and TEW 2 know how good those games are. Stop trying to convince everyone here that Playstation losing Bethesda games is not a big deal :P

I mean, it's not a big deal, point taken by everyone, now we all move on :thumbsup:

Exactly. Evil Within 2, Prey, Wolfenstein 1&3 were all awesome games. PREY was one of the best game of 2017. Evil Within 2 stepped up from 1st game and improved a lot. 

People need to play before judging it. Metacritic is awful way to pick/judge games (same as RT for movies). Like 49 reviewers gave EW2 8.5+ or above (25 with 9+) but dragged down by 9 reviewers with 4-6. User reviews for all those games are super positive and far away from critics. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

3 flagship franchises 

but so far ES & FO were more like once in a generation game 

& both!! have evidently switched on a GaaS model 

Future of these two titles also doesn’t look to be the AAA quality campaign types 

That’s why I said 

it’s the last draw for SP campaign lovers with Starfield 

if that fails then you’ll just see GaaS games from Zenimax on GamesPass in the longer run 

& in comes HPsam’s point ,that GaaS is the only model sustainable in a subscription driven First Party 

That’s why M$ was keen on buying Bungie & Zenimax & left WB games in the cold 

coz they know!! they want more service based first party in the longer run 

Say goodbye to experiments like Deathloop & Ghostwire 

They didnt leave WB in the cold ,Ms wanted them but Wb went off the market.

Imo Bungie giant waste of money. They already got Destiny on GP and that's more than enough. 

I personally want them to go for a big Japanese studios which will hurt ponies the most and that is From Software. Ponies will be done. Souls games never on PS :rofl:

Tango Works is now MS studio in Japan and they can use it to acquire another Japanese company by complying with Japanese laws nd all .

Its dream scenario not gonna happen most likely but i really want it to happen lol.

Miyazaki working exclusively for Xbox :panic:

Edited by WhiteWolf

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Imo Bungie giant waste of money. They already got Destiny on GP and that's more than enough. 

I personally want them to go for a big Japanese studios which will hurt ponies the most and that is From Software. Ponies will be done. Souls games never on PS :rofl:

Tango Works is now MS studio in Japan and they can use it to acquire another Japanese company by complying with Japanese laws nd all .

Its dream scenario not gonna happen most likely but i really want it to happen lol.

Miyazaki working exclusively for Xbox :panic:

Hope was right.

You are Mungerilal.

• Like 1