Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I like ES alot as its a fantastic RPG series but when it comes to comparison with God of War, im always choosing God of War.

TES6 for me lol depending on how it holds up.

Anyway TES is meant to be played on PC, TES and Fallout are such bugtastic gems, it would be a shame to play them without community patches and mods.

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Apparently, so does FIFA.

Yes, it does. That's why millions still buy every year. People who don't play online FIFA will never understand what the game offers but still complain. The community is massive and it is only active football game out there. 

GoW is all good but nothing left to do after 20 hours. That is fine. The comparison is dumb. You can't compare action game to RPG game. They are nothing alike. 

I played Fallout NV in my laptop and enjoyed the crap out of it.. after finding a decent weapon damage rebalancing mod that is.

Fallout 4 on the other hand... Only game that I started and left unfinished on PS4. Mostly because I could not find decent mods to fix that utter bullshit gun damage system they insist on putting in.

Edited by quixote_1989
elaborate

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I played Fallout NV in my laptop and enjoyed the crap out of it.. after finding a decent weapon damage rebalancing mod that is.

Fallout 4 on the other hand... Only game that I started and left unfinished on PS4. Mostly because I could not find decent mods to fix that utter bullshit gun damage system they insist on putting in.

You need modding community to fix Bethesda's bullshit jank, one of the reasons why FO76 continued to remain a turd for so long.

8 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes, it does. That's why millions still buy every year. People who don't play online FIFA will never understand what the game offers but still complain. The community is massive and it is only active football game out there. 

Just curious, since I have seen this same argument many times, does the actual gameplay change entirely while playing online?

Of course, playing against humans instead of AI must be an improvement. But the actual football element, that doesn't change does it?

Genuinely curious, not another dig at FIFA.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You need modding community to fix Bethesda's bullshit jank, one of the reasons why FO76 continued to remain a turd for so long.

One of the reasons I couldn't get into Skyrim despite many attempts. Everything is so f**king janky- the character animations, the binary sword movements... 

I guess I didn't get the right mods either.

15 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Just curious, since I have seen this same argument many times, does the actual gameplay change entirely while playing online?

Of course, playing against humans instead of AI must be an improvement. But the actual football element, that doesn't change does it?

Genuinely curious, not another dig at FIFA.

Football is football. Rules don't change (except friendly modes) but the experience is different every match when it comes to online.

You also adapt to gameplay depending on your opponent. Not every game is run down and shoot. Skill gap is very visible and players can quickly adapt to yours within few minutes. Then you figure out new tactic to breakdown. Very fun if you are into it. I enjoy playing a lot but it also requires a lot of time commitment if you want stay at top of your game.

The game also stays active with real world football matches which adds more stuff to the game and you work towards new squad/players weekly and opens up fresh challenge. 

Not for everyone, I guess but definitely very popular and active game. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

One of the reasons I couldn't get into Skyrim despite many attempts. Everything is so f**king janky- the character animations, the binary sword movements... 

I guess I didn't get the right mods either.

unknown.png

Way too much when you mod. Day and night difference.  ?

223BD048184F1B38657F192FDBD75DFF3BB7D79F

E7C8D38D82D27B08E7FB3C3A80A8CADF44E835DE

529ED975BDF3DE714F5D86DA4D1E92308608B333

Base game is nothing like it. I hope next TES game will have awesome modding community too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I played it on 360 

it wasn’t bad or anything 

but I lost interest in it anyway

Skyrim is the only elders scrolls game that I played for multiple hours. For some reason I can't get into any of their games. Bought morrowind, oblivion, Skyrim didn't complete or even enjoy anything. Played fallout 3,4 and didn't enjoy. Played dishonoured 1&2 and couldn't get into it, neither the prey series. Doom ps4 I liked before it started getting repetitive, didn't play eternal so far. Don't play horror games so evil within series is a nope.gif

Only game i loved from them is the new wolfenstien games. Loved both mainline titles. Also not interested in either ghostwire or deathloop. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

unknown.png

Base game is nothing like it. I hope next TES game will have awesome modding community too. 

Well, here's hoping the next one clicks for me.

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Well, here's hoping the next one clicks for me.

Am hoping it comes out soon. Been very long time now. ?

5 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

?

Sadly Destiny 2 will overtake it soon. ?

There's something about Bethesda games that just don't click on consoles.

I played 3 games on PC:  Skyrim, Oblivion and FO:NV and I loved the heck out of all 3. Played for hours and hours without getting bored.

I played only Fallout 3 on console (xbox 360) and I got bored really quickly. 

42 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

unknown.png

:suicide:

Dude, how do you find time for anything else? I see you play pretty much all games. Sorry to intrude but how do you find time to work? 

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

There's something about Bethesda games that just don't click on consoles.

I played 3 games on PC:  Skyrim, Oblivion and FO:NV and I loved the heck out of all 3. Played for hours and hours without getting bored.

I played only Fallout 3 on console (xbox 360) and I got bored really quickly. 

Bethesda games quality is total a*s, no quality in game play, animations, graphics or anything else, zero QC with random bugs and glitches out of the blue.

On PC some random modders will fix Todd's sh*t so PC is best platform to play.

The other games that Bethesda publishes are by other studios, not that infernal bethesda studio that Todd the Fraud runs.

So those games have good quality.

Except dishonored which even D2 looks like water color art style with PS360 graphics 

9 minutes ago, b!T said:

Dude, how do you find time for anything else? I see you play pretty much all games. Sorry to intrude but how do you find time to work? 

Work from home. Less sleep. PC is always on so I can swap anytime between work and play. Been quite a ride.

• Like 2

Skyrim was good - way back in 2011. For it's time - the graphics were great, and it did some neat things for the very first time, like 2 handed spells and casting with both hands. It was less ambitious than Oblivion (where you could literally make your own spells + Oblivion Gates Puzzles), but it was highly fun. Seeing Skyrim cities for the first time was almost life-like back then. It's exploration, the themes with racism and the Thalmor story, various guilds - all were an absolute delight to play.

But frankly, after that - BGS fell off a cliff. Fallout 4 came after 4 years, and was absolutely mediocre and felt like no effort was put into it. They developed nothing else, except Fallout 76 - which Zenimax most probably threatened them to develop, most probably asking them why they are paying salaries to BGS employees for not doing anything? BGS got so lazy that they literally depended on modders fixing their own games - including absolute game breaking bugs that should not have been in even indie dev games, charging for mods of all things with their pathetic "Creation Club"

Bethesda name these days - lives on in the distant past games. ES is powered by only nostalgia and mods. The games are meant for PC, because mods are what keep the game alive. And PC, being Open Source is the best place for mods.

Frankly, Bethesda is surviving because of it's other published  games. BGS itself is a sad wreck these days. MS acquiring them is possibly the best thing that could have happened.

As far as BGS devs are concerned, AFAIK they need a whip behind them. Left to themselves - they would do nothing. Hope MS provides that whip. Zenimax did not. MS also needs to give an open modding support without any restrictions - which we shall see whether they do or not. If MS also messes up - then most probably BGS and ES/Fallout IPs may be in a whole lot of trouble.