Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

2 hours ago, Aloy said:

Woah, didn't know this. FNV is amazing so I expected them to do justice to the series but it seems they are not in their prime.

Hehe you should try the game. Storywise its miles better Fallout 4 but yeah gameplay and world design heavily restricted as it was their self developed game with very low budget but now they under MS and got unlimited resources at their disposal.  Avowed will be their best work and it will surpass ES in quality as a RPG. 

You can clearly see that they didn't had much budget for Outerworlds.

I didn't enjoy Playing Outerworld but i liked story and some of the characters. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

Avowed will be their best work and it will surpass ES in quality as a RPG. 

First Outer Worlds will kill Fallout -> failed to do.

Now Avowed will kill TES -> :rofl:

Keep dreaming. Been decade and still nothing came close to last TES game. 

10 hours ago, Aloy said:

Woah, didn't know this. FNV is amazing so I expected them to do justice to the series but it seems they are not in their prime.

Take what @Joe Cool says with a 'jar' of salt.  He dissed RDR 2 as well, calling it pretty boring , but many found it to be one of the best games of ps4 gen :P

54 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Take what @Joe Cool says with a 'jar' of salt.  He dissed RDR 2 as well, calling it pretty boring , but many found it to be one of the best games of ps4 gen :P

He is right about Outerworlds though... gets boring about 40% into the game. I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Maybe you should play it yourself and decide. 

And RDR2 has dogshite gameplay. 

4 hours ago, Ne0 said:

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Maybe you should play it yourself and decide. 

And RDR2 has dogshite gameplay. 

Rockstar ain't the best at core gameplay so I kinda understand this:P

On 3/15/2021 at 1:39 PM, Joe Cool said:

First Outer Worlds will kill Fallout -> failed to do.

Now Avowed will kill TES -> :rofl:

Keep dreaming. Been decade and still nothing came close to last TES game. 

Avowed got MS money. They never had budget and resources to match ES.

Obsidian in general are better RPG devs than Bethesda especially in story telling department. Bethesda is bad when it comes to storytelling and characters. Bethesda is good at creating great open world to f**k around with mods.

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

I never understood how people who sink 100s of hours into RPGs (90% of which have janky mechanics) can say this. Does gameplay matter in certain genres and not in others?

Besides, what makes RDR2 fantastic goes way beyond its gameplay.

I think you may have zeroed in on it there. Maybe there's aren't enough numbers ticking up or visible systems to manipulate for it to appeal to traditional RPG gamers.

25 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I've always felt the same way about Skyrim. Even when I tried it 6-7 years back.

I feel that about most western RPGs. Their priorities seem to be world building>story>characters>visuals>gameplay.

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

Because it’s not an RPG

But you were literally just asking how people who sink 100s of hours into RPGs (90% of which have janky mechanics) can dislike RDR2's gameplay. Unless you were only comparing the janky mechanics?

/throws hands up

49 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I've always felt the same way about Skyrim. Even when I tried it 6-7 years back.

Must be your first TES game then. It's always been like that for ~20 years.. 

31 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I never understood how people who sink 100s of hours into RPGs (90% of which have janky mechanics) can say this. Does gameplay matter in certain genres and not in others?

Besides, what makes RDR2 fantastic goes way beyond its gameplay.

27 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Because it’s not an RPG

12 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I meant that if great gameplay is so important, most RPGs don't meet that criteria.

Very few RPGs have great gameplay. That's not the RPG priority. Role playing world building is and TES/Fallout games do that very well. 

RDR2 isn't RPG game. The gameplay is very important to keep the flow going. It fails there for me.