Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

i just posted a quote, i never said anything else. its you guys who run with stuff and start argument :rofl:

This is a forum right? I assume you posted the quote with the intent to discuss or put forward a point? Or is it your hobby to just post random quotes from some strangers in some 3rd party site everywhere for no purpose at all?

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

They will not announce anything in one go... exclusives or not... they will drip feed... staying in news...that’s how Pr works...

Lolz... there is no higher up... only person above him Satya Nadella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is clueless. Phill is Satya's Right hand man.. He not only head of Xbox but president of entire entertainment and devices division as well..

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This is a forum right? I assume you posted the quote with the intent to discuss or put forward a point? Or is it your hobby to just post random quotes from some strangers in some 3rd party site everywhere for no purpose at all?

it was for information purpose. But you are right on your post.. Sony and MS cant be compare. Sony can be compared to MS divisions not whole company :P

On Serious note, i want this debate to be over.. How about we wait till games are not and never talk on this subject again. Thank you.

Phill will never give clear cut answer.. He just cant help but keep spinning his PR  nonsense..So lets just wait till Starfield is out if thats on PS5 then yes all games will come to PS5

Edited by WhiteWolf

also the fact that M$ helping Sony in cloud department instead of trying to blocking them,tells a lot of stories in itself :lol: 

Its all about money.. there is no helping ... it’s a win for both... ms expands its azure business and Sony must be getting good deal from Microsoft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

it was for information purpose. But you are right on your post.. Sony and MS cant be compare. Sony can be compared to MS divisions not whole company :P

Yup, entire Sony can really not be compared to entire MS. That said, if you are going to play Share and Market Game - according to Google, Nintendo is far bigger than Microsoft :lol:

According to Google:

NtYtGE9.jpg

Sony - 7769 JPY = 5409.62 Indian Rs/share

6cLgMmx.jpg

MS - 219.66 USD = 16,122.49 Indian Rs/Share (Includes Windows/Office/Azure/Xbox/Everything Else as well)

LHD4THV.jpg

Nintendo - 58240 JPY = 40,560.96 Indian Rs/Share

This is the entire company valuations. Same story over 5 years as well.

So really, the "guys going their own way" and "no valuable IPs" are having the last laugh.

It's the story of the 3 monkeys. 2 monkeys (Sony and MS) keep fighting, while the 3rd one (Nintendo) quietly takes the entire victory cake away.

Edited by roun90

11 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Its all about money.. there is no helping ... it’s a win for both... ms expands its azure business and Sony must be getting good deal from Microsoft...

Yes. I think even Apple uses Samsung parts in its phone. Even sony provides camera lenses to a lot of its competitors. 

6 minutes ago, adity said:

I laugh at any man who thinks any trillion dollar company can just keep throwing money after failed ventures. Heck! It's worse for a large successful company because the cost of capital is so high. Any new venture need to grow phenomenally and generate high returns to be worthwhile. That's why you see Google pulling the plug on services even when they show good potential. 

Gamers are f**king clueless about any kind of economics so we should just stay the f**k out of it. 

Quoting Market caps and other nonsense is meaningless to the discussion. 

Both MS and Google have a pretty massive graveyard of failed products and services. Mixer's grave is still warm lol.

9 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup, entire Sony can really not be compared to entire MS. That said, if you are going to play Share and Market Game - according to Google, Nintendo is far bigger than Microsoft :lol:

According to Google:

NtYtGE9.jpg

Sony - 7769 JPY = 5409.62 Indian Rs/share

6cLgMmx.jpg

MS - 219.66 USD = 16,122.49 Indian Rs/Share (Includes Windows/Office/Azure/Xbox/Everything Else as well)

LHD4THV.jpg

Nintendo - 58240 JPY = 40,560.96 Indian Rs/Share

This is the entire company valuations. Same story over 5 years as well.

So really, the "guys going their own way" and "no valuable IPs" are having the last laugh.

It's the story of the 3 monkeys. 2 monkeys (Sony and MS) keep fighting, while the 3rd one (Nintendo) quietly takes the entire victory cake away.

Lolz.. this is an in-depth analysis ??

Rs/ share.. ? 

Edited by hsk_colossus

Sorry for the OT, but, just one clarification: company valuation refers to the market cap (share price x shares outstanding). Looking only at the share price is quite meaningless for getting any kind of sense of how "valuable" the company is. It must always be combined with some other financial metric.

Now, back to the action y'all

fight heads GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Sorry for the OT, but, just one clarification: company valuation refers to the market cap (share price x shares outstanding). Looking only at the share price is quite meaningless for getting any kind of sense of how "valuable" the company is. It must always be combined with some other financial metric.

Now, back to the action y'all

Thank you very much for the info. You learn something new everyday. Might be useful to me someday. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

According to that metric, MS is still far bigger than both Nintendo and Sony. I was mistaken and I apologize for that (MS in trillions vs Sony and Nintendo in billions).

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, adity said:

Even looking at the market cap can be misleading since it is the value of the equity not of the business. Gaming companies don't have huge debt but in other industries like infra, retail, car rental, etc, debt forms a big portion of the company value and looking at the equity value won't give you a view on the scale of the business. Adding debt to the market cap is a crude but decent way of looking at the actual size of a business.

+1

In fact, while we are at it, might as well reduce cash and equivalents and calculate the Enterprise value. This will help prevent highly leveraged companies (with no cash flows to service debt) to claim top spot and mislead the notion of "value" again. But, really its all about what kind of ownership perspective are you looking from. 

Also, gaming revenues have very high seasonality. Especially for console gaming as sales peak in holiday season. So, only Q3 will again give incomplete picture. For real comparison, consider annual revenues.