Amazon Luna - Cloud Gaming platform

EisqFzDXgAEBe7i?format=jpg&name=large

Initially be available on PC, Mac, Fire TV, and iPhone and iPad (via web apps), with an Android version planned for after launch.

• Introductory price: $5.99 per month
  • 4K/60FPS for selected titles
  • More than 100 games available
  • Powered by AWS
  • Twitch integration lets you instantly jump into games
  • Amazon Game Studios will publish title for the service
  • New Luna controller
  • Gaming channels (e.g. Ubisoft specific subscription)

unknown.png

Explore action, adventure, platformer, indie, shooter, RPG, racing, and classic games from Ubisoft, Capcom, 505 Games, and Team 17 — and we're always adding more.

unknown.png

BATON_SLIDER_1_cropped.png

Which controllers are compatible with Luna?

You can play with the Luna Controller, Xbox One controller, DualShock 4 controller, or use a mouse and keyboard.

What is Luna+?

Luna+ game channel offers a growing library of new and favorite titles. Set up Luna profiles to play on two devices at the same time at up to 1080p/60fps. 4K coming soon for select titles.

What is the Ubisoft channel?

The Ubisoft game channel will include new and favorite titles from Ubisoft, including ultimate edition versions for select titles. The Ubisoft channel will provide you access to play on one device at up to 4k resolution for select titles. Stay tuned for more news.

What internet speed do I need for Luna?

The minimum recommended internet connection speed for streaming games is 10 Mbps (35 Mbps required to play in 4K). Better internet connections will result in improved streaming quality and resolution.

LUNA

37 minutes ago, Engineer said:

I mean I need to use the Luna's hardware to process and stream my owned games like geforce now

It is nice but that will change when nVidia decide to keep GeForce Now around. Big publishers ain't happy with it already. 

No one will allow it unless their own games. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Ubisoft Announces Channel on Amazon's Luna Cloud Gaming Service

Players can subscribe to the new Ubisoft gaming channel and get access to Ubisoft games at up to 4K resolution on Luna, including games from Ubisoft’s back catalog as well as new releases like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Far Cry 6, and Immortals Fenyx Rising, which, once the channel launches, will be available on the service on the same day they launch on other platforms.

“We’re already seeing new audiences that haven’t been Ubisoft players before playing on cloud platforms,” says Chris Early, senior vice president of partnerships at Ubisoft. “In addition to these new audiences, we’re also seeing people who have played before, but might have lapsed for several years and are coming back to play again. We believe they may own an older generation of a console or an older PC that can no longer run the games we release today and now they can play the newest games in a streaming environment without purchasing a new PC or console.”

“We’re also starting to see more dedicated players gaming across multiple platforms,” he adds. “If a game supports the ability to save progress on one platform, and then you’re able to carry it over to another, you have a case where someone might be playing in their living room and then they might want to continue to play on mobile or tablet on the go.”

The business model is completely different though and frankly pretty innovative. Subscribe to the base back to get access to a catalog and get additional packages for specific publishers incase there is a new game from them you wanna play. 
The gamepass/x cloud model is so much better, pay one price get everything for that price. No mental gymnastics on how much it will cost to additionally play a specific game.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Luna offers different subscriptions (called gaming channels) that players can pick and choose from. At launch, only the Luna+ channel will be available, with a Ubisoft channel coming later. An Amazon rep clarified that players can subscribe to the Ubisoft channel without paying for Luna+, but all games need a subscription of some kind to play.

“No, you cannot buy individual games via Luna, but we’re always looking for ways to make Luna more customer-friendly and look forward to sharing more in the future,” an Amazon spokesperson told Digital Trends.

List of games in the Luna+ channel (72, if I counted correctly):

GRID

Tacoma

Hard Reset Redux

Atomik: RunGunJumpGun

The Surge

The Surge 2

Control

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Abzu

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Indivisible

Iconoclasts

SteamWorld Dig

SteamWorld Dig 2

SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition

SteamWorld Quest

Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Ultimate Edition

Mighty Switch Force! Collection

The Mummy Demastered

River City Girls

Tangledeep

Blasphemous

Yooka-Laylee

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Yoku’s Island Express

Redout: Solar Challenge Edition

Rez Infinite

Lumines Remastered

Metro Exodus

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Wonder Boy: The Dragon Trap

Sonic Mania Plus

AO Tennis 2

Valfaris

RiME

The Sexy Brutale

Star Wars Pinball

Infinite Minigolf

Obduction

Shadow Tactics

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout – Anniversary Edition

Deponia Doomsday

Furi

Ghost of a Tale

Victor Vran: Overkill Edition

R-Type Dimensions EX

Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes

Super Mega Baseball 3

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Panzer Dragoon Remake

Overcooked! 2

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

Paper Beast

Blazing Chrome

Tennis World Tour 2

DiRT Rally 2.0

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]

CrossCode

Everspace

Contra Anniversary Collection

Aragami

XIII

Resident Evil 7

Sythentik: Legion Rising

Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth

Thimbleweed Park

Goodbye Deponia

Details about the Ubisoft channel will be released later.

So, $5.99 for the Luna+ channel. I'm guessing the Ubisoft channel will be around $40-$50, if they plan to have latest games as they release.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, Joe Cool said:

Steam already allows you to stream. 

I recently tried Remote Play Together to play Circket 19 with my friend, he hosted the game , it was not bad. We both of have 200 mbps internet connection, I was expecting better experience