Headsets for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S

HundredProofSam

Since both PS4 and Xbox One had abysmal support for wireless headsets, I've been reading up on whether PS5 and Xbox Series X|S will have better support for third party headsets. And the good news is that seems that they will.

Both consoles will support 2.4 GHz wireless as well as Bluetooth 5. The problem is PS5 and Xbox One X will use different tech so the same headset won't work wirelessly with both PS5 and Xbox Series X. So if you have both consoles, you either buy two headsets, or buy one for your preferred console and use it on the other one via 3.5mm headphone jack.

The one headset that really stood out for me in terms of features is the Audeze Penrose.

https://www.audeze.com/products/penrose-wireless-planar-magnetic-headset

It has a PS5 version which also supports PS4 (Penrose) and it has an Xbox Series X|S version that also works with Xbox One (Penrose X). I believe both will also work with PC and Switch.

It's not out yet, but it's up for preorder on Headphone Zone for 25k :panic:. The really cool thing about it is that it can connect via 2.4 wireless and BT at the same time. So you could connect to PS5 over 2.4 wireless and you can at the same time connect to your phone via BT for Discord voice chat.

The PS5 and XSX variants are identical, except for the USB dongle because because they both use slightly different tech. I'm hoping you can buy a dongle for the other one separately, but I doubt it.

Another option (which I haven't read up on a lot) is the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. This is also an expensive option.

I'm guessing the most affordable will be the Sony Pulse 3D headset. Hoping for it to be about 10k in India.

If you guys come across other good options - wired of wireless - please share 

• Thanks 1

I already own a gaming headset from Corsair, so I don't need an upgrade as of now. But if I had a pick, this would be it.

I'm a huge Bose fanboy, as the comfort is phenomenal so perfect for a long gaming sessions-

Announced on 16th September, 2020. Comes out October 13th, 2020. Price at $329 USD, preorders are ongoing if you're in the US. 

(I know this is super expensive but I just have a lot of faith in Bose after owning their products)

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Both consoles will support 2.4 GHz wireless as well as Bluetooth 5. The problem is PS5 and Xbox One X will use different tech so the same headset won't work wirelessly with both PS5 and Xbox Series X. So if you have both consoles, you either buy two headsets, or buy one for your preferred console and use it on the other one via 3.5mm headphone jack.

If both consoles support BT5, then any BT headset should work with them?

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I already own a gaming headset from Corsair, so I don't need an upgrade as of now. But if I had a pick, this would be it.

I'm a huge Bose fanboy, as the comfort is phenomenal so perfect for a long gaming sessions-

Announced on 16th September, 2020. Comes out October 13th, 2020. Price at $329 USD, preorders are ongoing if you're in the US. 

(I know this is super expensive but I just have a lot of faith in Bose after owning their products)

If the purpose of that headset is gaming alone, it is an overkill. 

If the purpose of that headset is gaming alone, it is an overkill. 
I agree. But it I was willing to spend the big bucks on a gaming headset, this is where I'd put my money. Rather than the Astro A50s, or other expensive headsets.

Just purely for the comfort factor.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

DualSense controller has an inbuilt mic, so I don’t need a headset with mic that works with PlayStation. 

I hope I can connect my XM3s with the DualSense and be able to use the mic on the controller. 

Oddly, the XM3’s mic isn’t detected on DS4. 

• Like 1