Genshin Impact

Heaven Angel

30 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I have a crappy "slim" laptop with intel UHD 620. Shall I give it a try?

Dont have PS4 :( waiting for PS5 preorders :D

Edit: is it possible to catch those damn crabs at all? I just need to know. 

can confirm you can catch crabs :) 

no pun intended :P 

Give it a try on the laptop, the download size is less than 10gigs iirc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WR10 said:

So not coming to Series X ?

Probably in the future considering how this game is blowing up now.

I am surprised it's even on PS4, I used to think Cheenis are primarily PC and Mobile 

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Probably in the future considering how this game is blowing up now.

I am surprised it's even on PS4, I used to think Cheenis are primarily PC and Mobile 

must have realized how the game is going to print money for them and wanted to wallet rape all player bases :fear:

Genshin Impact Generates $60 Million in First Week as it Becomes World’s No. 2 Grossing Mobile Game

Newly released mobile RPG Genshin Impact from Chinese publisher miHoYo generated approximately $60 million in player spending on the App Store and Google Play during the week following its official launch on September 28, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data shows.

top-grossing-mobile-games-worldwide-sep-

Global Impact

The title has proven hugely popular both in China and globally, with the Chinese version of the game accumulating close to $25 million in player spending to date on Apple’s App Store there, or close to 42 percent of its total revenue, not including third-party Android stores. The game has generated the majority of sales outside the country, however, racking up close to $35 million in the rest of the world, or about 58 percent of its revenue so far.

China ranks No. 1 for revenue globally, followed by Japan at No. 2, with players in the country spending approximately $17 million, or close to 29 percent of total revenue. The United States, meanwhile, ranks No. 3 for player spending, generating $8 million, or about 13 percent of the total.

6 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I have a crappy "slim" laptop with intel UHD 620. Shall I give it a try?

Dont have PS4 :( waiting for PS5 preorders :D

Edit: is it possible to catch those damn crabs at all? I just need to know. 

Should work fine.

• Like 2

Poor Amber. ?

Also, the story isn't over. Can't make conclusion yet but so far it is going well. 

Combat is best part. There is so much variety and combos you can pull. Making your full squad and mixing up elements opens up a lot. 

Exploration is also good and never felt busy work like AC games do. All areas have unique feel and lots of enemy variety too. You see even more in 2nd region. 

As for Zelda comparison, who else the going to take inspiration from? You only get inspired from good stuff. There is not much you can change with gliding/climbing/running. 

For a F2P game, this is absolutely amazing start. I hope they continue to keep up with their live service. Compared to recent live service games like Avengers (which is already dead), this is 100x better start. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Yeah, the initial mobile size was small. I was like wat. Then when you launch the game, it downloads 5GB. 

PC works version great. Quickly got used to controls as they are quite common. 

Shift/Ctrl/Space/WASD/E/F. The F1/F2 etc you can access just by pressing escape to bring up the menu. 

Genshin Impact has become one of the biggest game launches this year.

• Genshin Impact has now grossed over $100m in less than two weeks. 
  • China, Japan, Korea and the US are top markets for the F2P game.
  • Without a doubt the most successful launch for an original IP from a Chinese dev.
  • According to data from Sensor Tower, the game was the #2 highest grossing game globally on iOS in its first week.
  • According to data from App Annie the game was downloaded more than 23 million times on iOS / Android in its first week.
  • Will break RMB 1 billion mark soon.

___

Upcoming stuff

7 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Man, this game has a lot of... stuff. 

And that's just the beginning. 5 more regions to come along with bunch of events, characters, stories, etc,. ?

I have put in 70-80 hours so far and this has become one of my favorite game this year. 

35 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

And that's just the beginning. 5 more regions to come along with bunch of events, characters, stories, etc,. ?

I have put in 70-80 hours so far and this has become one of my favorite game this year. 

Holy Shitballs!

If I want to ignore all the minutae and just stick to the absolute basics, is it going to be difficult to progress much? I am at that initial city, just recently got the "wing-glide" thingy.

1 minute ago, quixote_1989 said:

Holy Shitballs!

If I want to ignore all the minutae and just stick to the absolute basics, is it going to be difficult to progress much? I am at that initial city, just recently got the "wing-glide" thingy.

You can stick to basics but eventually would want to clear out major quests, region map, domains, etc,. Levelling up your characters, weapons, making a squad, mixing elements, etc will help you in long run. 

Higher adventure rank will unlock more stuff including character stories as you progress. For now there are stories up to adventure rank 36. 

There is no rush really except for events. Try to clear those before they are gone but everything else you can take your own time. 

• Like 1