Genshin Impact

Heaven Angel

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Getting a little tired of it now.

Reached Rank 23 finally to continue the story, did a few story quests in Luivye and then it tells me to wait till Rank 28 for the next quest. God damn. 

It is pretty much like that after AR20. Once you fully clear Liyue, that's it for base game. After that you will get 1 story piece every 2 AR levels till AR38 (current).

Basically you work on your gear/chars and wait for new content update. 

Version 1.1 "A New Star Approaches": About Reputation and Exploration Progress

Condensed Resin

At a Crafting Bench, consume 1 Crystal Core, 40 Original Resin, and 100 Mora to create 1 Condensed Resin. Condensed Resin can be used to revitalize Ley Line Blossoms and Petrified Trees in Domains that require 20 Original Resin, yielding 2 sets of rewards at one time. (Both sets of rewards are random.)

__

Edited by Joe Cool

This game refuses to get installed on PC. Everytime the download finishes, the file verification fails and game re-downloads again. Already downloaded the game 3 times.

Seems this is a known issue without any fix. :mellow:

Edit: Found a workaround. This one has a lot of anime goodness, i must say. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

Liyue finale. 330022286180483074.png?v=1

Man, this game. :majesty: Putting the $60+ AAA and live service games these days to trashcan. Childe boss was alone better than all the Ubisoft boss fights made. 

The amount of content it gets every week/month for free is amazing to play. The story keeps evolving with chapters. So many fantastic characters. 

Can't wait for Dragonspine area and next story chapters. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Man, this game. :majesty: Putting the $60+ AAA and live service games these days to trashcan. Childe boss was alone better than all the Ubisoft boss fights made. 

How would you compare it to Breath of the Wild in terms of exploration and the sense of discovery? Does it have aspects of that?

3 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

How would you compare it to Breath of the Wild in terms of exploration and the sense of discovery? Does it have aspects of that?

Game does everything better than BOTW in a good way. 

The only downside is actually gacha system but it doesn't affect me or anyone who plays regularly and is not greedy (like I want all 5 stars and whatnot). Pity is decent and you get enough gems to get 1-3 stars. So far I got Keqing, Childe, weapon (I wasted without knowing at start). All characters are worth and playable if you build them properly.

Game is massive and constantly gets events and story chapters. Like a live service game but without online stuff. Purely single player game with limited co-op if you want. The grind is by choice and not forced upon. Play as you like and at your speed. You can rush and clear or take it slow without any FOMO (except for events but even those are scaled to your world level). 

Very enjoyable game if you are into similar games (Zelda). Plus, everything is free. The paid stuff like season pass is actually good value if you play regularly but if you don't, you still get free season pass which gives 1/3 rewards.

Currently only 2/7 zones are out and I have already gotten 100+ hours so far. December we are getting Dragonspine snow region. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

The grind is by choice and not forced upon. Play as you like and at your speed.

Are there bosses/dungeons that require the 5 star heroes to be completed solo? Or a well built 3 star hero can take on all the content in the game?

Thanks for the detailed reply!

1 minute ago, rdsarna said:

Are there bosses/dungeons that require the 5 star heroes to be completed solo? Or a well built 3 star hero can take on all the content in the game?

Thanks for the detailed reply!

There are no 3 star heroes. Only 4 and 5 stars.

You don't need 5 star for anything really. They do help you a bit but nothing breaking out of proportion so far nor makes other 4 star party useless (maybe Amber but she is free and decent at start).

Xiangling and Barbara are free 4 star characters when you complete the requirement and among top tier. I still run them on my main squad.

Fischl is free from current event. She is top tier too. 

Noelle is 100% from beginner wishes. She is mixed bag but super tanky and can carry. My friend enjoys playing Noelle a lot. 

Main currency is Primogems for wishing. You get these from various sources and also from daily quests. Pity time is 90 with high chance at 75-80.  

If you are F2P player like me, you can save primogems and use on every "other" banner. Game started with Venti - I spent primogems without knowing fully. When Klee arrived, I didn't spend and saved for Childe who I wanted more. Got Childe. Now saving for Zhongli or Xiao.

Each banner last for 3 weeks and come with 2x5 and 2x4. Every 10 wishes you get at least one 4 star item (character or weapon - both are useful). 

For start: Traveller/Lisa/Kaeya/Amber will help you enough to get Barbara/Xiangling/Fischl. By then you will have enough primogems saved. Use that and wish. Make sure you only use them on "limited banners" and not on permanent ones. The latter has 5 star weapons which aren't worth over 100% character from limited. Pity carries over, so don't worry about not getting 5 star. 

Also, whenever you wish, you will get Stardust currency. You can save those to buy 10 wishes at 75% less (monthly once). Remaining just keep saving for next month. You also get Starglitter for every 4-5 star pulls/dupes. These are rare currency. So spend wisely (I still haven't used at all) on characters available to purchase. For example: last month Razor and Amber were up. This month Bennett and Lisa. Bennett is top tier but you need C1 (aka 2 Bennetts). If you manage to get 1 from wishes, go ahead and buy 2nd. 

Genshin-impact-Stardust-900x501.png

(these are 100% worth picking up every month)

2 main boss at first. 3rd boss added recently and you will encounter once you progress enough in story. All 3 can be farmed once per week for rewards. 

Domains are basically time race (kill X before time runs out) - there are bunch of them and can be done solo or co-op with other players. All domains have their own reward pool. 

World bosses - there is one for each element (fire/electro/water/cyro/anemo/geo). They have their own reward pool (each element have their element crystal) along with artifacts. 

To get rewards after beating boss, you need Resin (which is another currency but you automatically get 1 every 8 minutes). 160 in 21 hours 19 minutes. I pretty much login every 21 hours, empty the resin by doing bosses/domains. You can min-max for more but I'm not in rush at the moment. This system is there so people don't over farm or get burnt. I kind of like it now (before it used to be 120 and had to login multiple times) especially if you don't have too much time but still want to progress. You can also save these Resin into Condensed Resin (max 3) for later use. 160 is enough to cover daily 150 requirement for quest.

Overall this is a very enjoyable game. Never felt like I'm lagging behind or need to spend money. Not once. Story, characters, exploration, presentation, rewards, everything is so well done. Joy to play.

You can also play on phone (has cross-save with PC). 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

That was super informative!! Thank you.

Downloading game now.

IVG discord for Genshin is very active too. You can post there if you have any questions for quick responses or here on thread. 

The official discord is massive and super helpful too. Though it is at max capacity for now. 

• Like 1