Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

IVG Podcast 55: Xbox Series X impressions, PS5 India game prices, Cyberpunk 2077 crunch

IVG Podcast 55: Xbox Series X impressions, PS5 India game prices, Cyberpunk 2077 crunch

After a frantic few weeks, this past week has been relatively more relaxed in the gaming world. But that doesn’t mean we have any shortage of topics to discuss on the IVG Podcast.

Here’s a jist of what we’ve covered in episode 55 of the IVG Podcast:

• Xbox Series X first impressions from media
  • PS5 game prices for India leaked on PSN
  • Spider-man PS5 upgrades
  • Call of Duty Cold War’s Zombies mode
  • Ubisoft finally acknowledges that people really don’t like Hyperscape
  • Rogue Company, and how hard it is for new competitive shooters to break through
  • Why we have a hard time sympathising with the CD Projekt Red crunch news for Cyberpunk 2077

In addition to the above, we also talk about what we’re playing these days and we also answer questions from our listeners and IVG members.

Have a listen and let us know what you think. Feel free to also ask us questions or suggest topics for us and we’ll be sure to cover them in future episodes.

You can listen to and subscribe to the IVG Podcast on your preferred podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. All supported platforms, web streaming and past episodes can be found on our Anchor page.

• Thanks 1

nice discussion. Boarding school idea :roflroll: and Sam with the disclaimer :P

btw, the back-compat games on Series X are not using any of the Velocity architecture benefits. The reduced loading times and higher sustained FPS are just from SSD and brute processing power.

• Like 1

Haha nope. Working for a PPE distributor. Those bloody hours travelling by public transport, sweating in the Mumbai sun and hoping which ever company I'm visiting has a centralized AC and a lazy contact who makes me wait for hours in the cool air :D. Rinse repeat.

I mean even I feel stupid watching some of these Gaming Journo's go on and on about crunch culture and politics in VG industry(Jim Sterling.lol)!

All of us in audit, work 60-70 hr weeks for 7-8 months a year. 

Every great creation/work, wether artistic or not, is made through excruciating and meticulous effort!

Glad to see you guys discuss this logically!

Edited by kmkaks

Just now, kmkaks said:

I mean even I feel stupid watching some of these Gaming Journo's go on and on about crunch culture and politics in VG industry(Jim Sterling.lol)!

All of us in audit, work 60-70 hr weeks for 7-8 months a year. 

Every great creation/work, wether artistic or not, is made through excruciating and meticulous effort!

Arre bhai bhai. Another brother from a big 4 sweatshop. 

40 minutes ago, adity said:

Arre bhai bhai. Another brother from a big 4 sweatshop. 

Hahaha Not big 4, but almost there work life balance wise.

At least I still have time to sleep, unlike the people working for big 4. Poor sods, I feel sad for some of my big4 wala friends, doubt they will even have kids. 

Edited by kmkaks

I have a hard time explaining to my colleagues why I'm not upset sometimes when I have to sometimes sit back over and above my 8 hour shift now (most of these guys are based in EU and US). Lol they think I'm hardworking and I've got some awesome feedback and such :rofl:

How do you explain that its halwa compared to what we consider normal work hours in India.

^^  Work culture in India is seriously f**ked up. My first ever manager had told me during my internship that I "shouldn't leave the office when there's sunlight outside. Its not good for health." , despite the fact that I didn't have any more work remaining to do for the day. Although, that training really did help me get ready to spend nights on the office couch and always remember to keep a spare toothbrush in the bag. 

• Like 1

Here they work hard only during hirings, rest they conduct bollywood quizzes and rangoli contests and go to starbucks for 'client visits'.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Here they work hard only during hirings, rest they conduct bollywood quizzes and rangoli contests and go to starbucks for 'client visits'.

Sounds like Mindspace :D