The IVG Podcast Thread - Episode 78: Battlefield Hype

18 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Here, if you mean IVG yes :P but India I don't think MS was joking official day 1 India release if it was not popular... 

PS:Xbox is 5:1 probably in India, if you go by used listings in olx, Which is a reliable marker.

47 minutes ago, AnK said:

Why else do you think it hasn't become a manufacturing hub like China 

With land & labour cost even cheaper 

This is Democracy 101 for you

A certain percentage,depending on the product 

Has!! to be consumed locally 

Nothing like this! India is trying to boost exports because everyone knows local market has no/little purchasing power.

And India fails because of unionization, corruption, babu fear and lack of infrastructure. 

So are US and EU democracy 101?

Edited by kmkaks

Fanboys vs people with brains.. ?

Guys, believe it or not, its obvious that neither Sony nor MS, take India seriously. They don't want to increase their business here. Look at how many other companies came in with no market at all but made India specific changes to increase their business. If I mention an example, some random fanboy is gonna lose it so I'll leave it at that..

Overall it'll good if gaming is made affordable in India. There WILL be more and more gamers who'll come forward.

Now, Peace guys!!

Edited by devine_mortal

1 hour ago, devine_mortal said:

If you can't grasp the underlying meaning, you definitely should.

I prefer people spell out their sh*t rather than look for underlying meanings. You've waltzed in here, throwing around vague notions, haven't made any reasonable points and have the gall to imply I'm stupid. Get off your high horse and stop being a condescending douche with your "peace guys" and "fanboys vs people with brains" garbage. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, devine_mortal said:

Fanboy triggered.. calm down! If you couldn't understand what was being said and in what context, better shut your hole and let other people have a discussion. And yes, its a discussion so don't turn it into argument.

For all the peace guys, it took you one person calling you out, to abandon the fake sheen of civility. Peace guys indeed :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

For all the peace guys, it took you one person calling you out, to abandon the fake sheen of civility. Peace guys indeed :lol:

This is my civility despite your use of words like "sh*t" and "garbage".. Unless you actually got triggered by my suggestion of "shutting your hole". If it did, I'm sorry Princess, that I hurt your feelings. But next time, use sarcasm when you can handle others'.

Now carry on with your Snakes and Maximums, I'm done for now. Goodnight! ?

Edited by devine_mortal

12 minutes ago, devine_mortal said:

This is my civility despite your use of words like "sh*t" and "garbage".. Unless you actually got triggered by my suggestion of "shutting your hole". If it did, I'm sorry Princess, that I hurt your feelings. But next time, use sarcasm when you can handle others'.

Now carry on with your Snakes and Maximums, I'm done for now. Goodnight! ?

ice cube friday GIF

11 minutes ago, devine_mortal said:

I was being sarcastic? Which part?:lol: 

4 hours ago, devine_mortal said:

Look at your dad and you'll see a moron. Don't interfere unnecessarily adity. You guys start namecalling and if some retaliates, you lose your sh*t. 

Why dont you take a week long break?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

& Maybe come up with a better reasoning other than popularity over Xbox as to how PS5 prices should be lesser :lol: 

relax...that discussion is over

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Like you said earlier, you are expressing your opinions. Opinions are not fact, and your opinions on this are as far away from the facts as could be possible.

Pharma and automobiles had no market here? Wrong. They always did because medicine and transportation are essential. Both are produced and sold at large scale here. And before either industry became big enough here, those products were imported. Console gaming is neither essential nor in great demand in India.

India is not a big market for console gaming. PS4 sold throughout the entire life cycle in India what the US alone sells in 1 good month. But even if it was big here, it’s not an argument to manufacture locally. The US and Europe do not manufacture consoles even though they are the biggest markets. It’s not just about labour and manufacturing costs, but from a supply chain perspective, it just doesn’t make business sense.

And no, “if they want to grow the market here they should make console cheaper” isn’t a valid argument. Console gaming business doesn’t thrive on hardware sales but on game sales. And Indians are notorious for not paying for software. That’s why even mobile games get millions of downloads in India but barely any revenue. India has to be ready to grow as a market for brands to take it seriously.

Smartphone and TV companies have plants here because they sell a lot in India and the same assembly lines can be used for multiple products. Creating an entire facility just to make one console for one country makes zero sense. Forget business sense, it doesn’t make common sense.

I understand that console gaming is expensive, but that doesn’t mean you come up with any warped logic to fit your agenda.

No, you just tell your local Foxconn factory to setup a small assembly line , that is all.

Sony/MS don't own the factories where their products are assembled/tested/packaged.

But for that the consoles have to sell well here in the first place :rofl:

lol comparing game consoles with pharma and cars tho :lol:  consoles are not and will not be a high volume mainstream product here, if they were you would have Nintendo having an official presence here.

Gaming will never be successful here financially because people are unwilling to pay, even with regional pricing and all, on PC many publishers have stopped the 999 regional pricing because they realized it doesn't bring any results I think

this devine_mortal guy thinks he is an intellectool but he's only making a fool of himself in this thread.