Drive/OS: Help Needed

North

My dad was just working on the PC, and it just froze. He pushed the restart button when Task Manager didn't trigger.

Now the PC is taking ages to get running, but immediately after the windows logo we get the BIOS message ----

"Error loading Operating System"

Some sort of drive failure? Unfortunately he hadn't backed up his work yet, and he needs the file he was working on, for a client meeting on Saturday.

I wish he would back up current projects to GDrive but he didn't.

55 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Could be a drive issue, also could be a mobo issue, when my earlier motherboard died it just froze just like you describe, but when i hit reset it went in boot loop, no bios splash screen evven.

Yeah. Some googling tells me its either a drive error, and I'll have to reinstall windows and all that.

My dad took the PC down to the local place. He just needs a file or two to work on today, they'll do the rest. I'd try and fix it myself, but its beyond my pay grade.

I hope not, but in case something is screwed, it could be time to upgrade the PC....

18 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

If you have another PC, just try to plug the hard drive and see if it is still loading. You can also try using OS on USB or disc and run repair option. 

I don't have another PC or I would. 

I think there is some adapter/drive bracket that allows one to connect an internal drive to a USB port, and I'd do that to my laptop but can't.

Anyway got the urgent file for fad, but just gonna install Windows fresh. (took it down to the computer repair place they have a lot of spare hardware and I know the dude so managed to get the data)

Edited by Chirag2001