India is a hell for gaming community?

I think its true,india is a hell for gaming community, specially for console games and yes we are living in this hell happily.im saying all this bcs there is no proper market for gamers.i mean even there is no proper way to sell your phisical games.atleast or i would say le de kr we have only one proper working online community for gamers on which im sharing my views.

If anybody seeing this topic.what are your view .pls reply

Edited by Felix the cat

8 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

specially for console games and yes we are living in this hell happily.im saying all this bcs there is no proper market for gamers.i mean even there is no proper way to sell your phisical games

Please define what is a "proper" market & "proper" way of selling a physical game according to you..

9 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

i mean even there is no proper way to sell your phisical games

We have a very active trade section where users sell new/used physical games and other stuff. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

I think its true,india is a hell for gaming community, specially for console games and yes we are living in this hell happily.im saying all this bcs there is no proper market for gamers.i mean even there is no proper way to sell your phisical games.atleast or i would say le de kr we have only one proper working online community for gamers on which im sharing my views.

If anybody seeing this topic.what are your view .pls reply

To be fair, OLX is good! You can even find rare games there for cheap, if you broaden your search parameters.

IVG is best though.

Edited by kmkaks

21 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

The reason there is no proper way to sell used games is because the practice is frowned upon my game publishers. Secondly, there has to be a big market for that there to be a big user games market, which isn’t the case in India. Why will someone get into the business of selling new/used games when he can make much more by selling mobile accessories.

There will be a proper market when there is enough consumer demand.

Yess, you'r right

17 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Also not sure where you live but in most metro cities the availability of games , systems and accessories is pretty good, especially in Delhi and Mumbai. Dont know how you came to a conclusion that it is a "Hell" when everything has been available since ps1 days.

Im not from any metro city,and metro cities are not whole india.maybe thats how i came to that conclusion.outside the metro cities,india is a big country.

You are comparing India to first World markets like US and EMEA. There are a lot of markets worse than India for both prices and second hand sales. I have lived for four years in Latin America(Uruguay and Brazil) and I am quite happy to be back in India. A PS4 was going for US$1800 in Brazil in 2014.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, b!T said:

You are comparing India to first World markets like US and EMEA. There are a lot of markets worse than India for both prices and second hand sales. I have lived for four years in Latin America(Uruguay and Brazil) and I am quite happy to be back in India. A PS4 was going for US$1800 in Brazil in 2014.

Yeah i know brazil is a real hell for gamers.pricing of ps4 there is around 120k

On 10/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, b!T said:

Hmmm.this is the only reason.your right

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Ebay was amazing.

It was crazy , people would post bulk lot of games for sale , there was proper discount coupon/coins for purchases. There was that always odd seller who would fail to deliver ..

There was one crazy moment i remember i was hunting for a cheap copy of Gran Turismo 6 when it came out back then and found one on ebay for 300. The crazy seller actually sent the promo disc only (zero cover or protection) in a  normal post cover :fear1: , i was stunned that the disc was in one piece and the game worked.

17 minutes ago, lod757 said:

It was crazy , people would post bulk lot of games for sale , there was proper discount coupon/coins for purchases. There was that always odd seller who would fail to deliver ..

There was one crazy moment i remember i was hunting for a cheap copy of Gran Turismo 6 when it came out back then and found one on ebay for 300. The crazy seller actually sent the promo disc only (zero cover or protection) in a  normal post cover :fear1: , i was stunned that the disc was in one piece and the game worked.

Yeah true man,  i picked up many figurines and peeowned games from ebay. The power sellers were really amazing, and they offered great prices as listing fee of ebay was pretty low.

f**k FK, they f**ked the gaming scene so bad in India.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Yeah eBay was really good. It was like AliExpress but Indian. So much stuff you wouldn't otherwise find on Amazon and Flipkart. Don't know why they had to shutdown

Flipkart bought it (eBay India) over, f**ked it up proper & eventually shut it down.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1