Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Heaven Angel

Watched a livestream ME 1 is jank  country. I'll buy when price drops/this comes on gamepass 6 month down the line. The other option is to take ea play pro for a month to play this and bio mutant. 

I am not sure what changes the LE have made to the game but ME1 was a really poor game gameplay wise. It’s just nostalgia that is making people remember the game otherwise. It was boring AF. ME2 was so much better and the best game in the trilogy. ME 3 was alright.

4000 is way too expensive to just replay ME2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I am not sure what changes the LE have made to the game but ME1 was a really poor game gameplay wise. It’s just nostalgia that is making people remember the game otherwise. It was boring AF. ME2 was so much better and the best game in the trilogy. ME 3 was alright.

Gameplay in ME1 is massively improved. Its day and night difference according to Gamespot and many other reviews 

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

It's not just nostalgia. People still remember ME1 fondly because it was a great and memorable game in its own right. The quality of its story, narrative, and world-building was through the roof and it more than made up for its janky gameplay and messy framerate. You may have found it boring but I don't think that sentiment is shared by most who played the game.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Whether the gameplay has held up after all this time or not, at the time, it was an incredible experience.

It's not just nostalgia. People still remember ME1 fondly because it was a great and memorable game in its own right. The quality of its story, narrative, and world-building was through the roof and it more than made up for its janky gameplay and messy framerate. You may have found it boring but I don't think that sentiment is shared by most who played the game.

Different people different options. A lot of people including me did not enjoy ME1 and a lot of people share this opinion. Yeah the story was okayish but the gameplay was really bad. I still remember that pain of scanning for resources in those empty planets. That’s was literally one of the most painful gameplay experience in existence. They made so many good changes in ME2 which made the game so much better. Also the story actually really picked up in ME2. Even the story wasn’t that great in ME1. Like I said It’s the nostalgia factor that is making you remember it differently.

If you really want to experience Bioware story, narrative, world building play Dragon Age Origins. That was the golden age of Morden BioWare with DAO and ME2 back to back both of which are cult classic. ME1 doesn’t hold a candle to that.

Gameplay in ME1 is massively improved. Its day and night difference according to Gamespot and many other reviews 

That’s actually really good to hear.

Whether the gameplay has held up after all this time or not, at the time, it was an incredible experience.

It’s not even about gameplay holding up after all these years. Even back when it launched it wasn’t a good game. Obviously people might have different opinions and that’s alright.

ME2 still “holds up” because it was amazing
even when it launched. ME1 does not “hold up” because it was not good even when it launched.

Of course this is my opinion it could be that someone else liked ME1 more than ME2 and that’s ok as well.

30 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

It’s not even about gameplay holding up after all these years. Even back when it launched it wasn’t a good game. Obviously people might have different opinions and that’s alright.

even when it launched. ME1 does not “hold up” because it was not good even when it launched.

Of course this is my opinion it could be that someone else liked ME1 more than ME2 and that’s ok as well.

I still shudder at the thought of the driving the mako. That was the most infuriating part back in the day :lol:

Whatever improvements they've made better be real. 

19 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Different people different options. A lot of people including me did not enjoy ME1 and a lot of people share this opinion. Yeah the story was okayish but the gameplay was really bad. I still remember that pain of scanning for resources in those empty planets. That’s was literally one of the most painful gameplay experience in existence. They made so many good changes in ME2 which made the game so much better. Also the story actually really picked up in ME2. Even the story wasn’t that great in ME1. Like I said It’s the nostalgia factor that is making you remember it differently.

If you really want to experience Bioware story, narrative, world building play Dragon Age Origins. That was the golden age of Morden BioWare with DAO and ME2 back to back both of which are cult classic. ME1 doesn’t hold a candle to that.

I dunno man. I could see its shortcomings even back then and even though they hindered the experience, they didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying the game. It was quite unprecedented at the time having a sci-fi universe of this scale being brought to life and being realized so well to boot, and that is not something that can be dismissed.

I have played DA: O and I do agree with you that ME2 was the best game overall in the trilogy, but that doesn't discount the achievements of ME1. ME2 solidified the series' fanbase but it was ME1 that garnered it in the first place.

42 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I had a blast with ME1, except the mako part.

Really hate how the Legendary Edition doesn't even fully support 21:9 ultrawide ratio fully on PC even after they claimed the LE will support 21:9.

:(

For original games, it's understandable because at that time UW monitors and display were not even present. But now, this is kindda silly that a remaster doesn't support the game fully in that ratio even after they claimed. The dialogues are all in 16:9. And we all know 30% of the ME games are in dialogues (not prerender ones).... Oh well, I would better wait for a patch, or get it on ps5.

Edited by SaiKO

23 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Really hate how the Legendary Edition doesn't even fully support 21:9 ultrawide ratio fully on PC even after they claimed the LE will support 21:9.

It does support ultrawide. No cutscenes though which is pretty common. 

I still shudder at the thought of the driving the mako. That was the most infuriating part back in the day default_laughing.gif

Whatever improvements they've made better be real. 

I know right, there are a few moments in game which frustrate me so much that I want to punch the monitor. This is one of those.

I dunno man. I could see its shortcomings even back then and even though they hindered the experience, they didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying the game. It was quite unprecedented at the time having a sci-fi universe of this scale being brought to life and being realized so well to boot, and that is not something that can be dismissed.

I have played DA: O and I do agree with you that ME2 was the best game overall in the trilogy, but that doesn't discount the achievements of ME1. ME2 solidified the series' fanbase but it was ME1 that garnered it in the first place.

After your post I actually went down to Reddit to read up some 7-10 year old posts about ME1 just to check up if others hated the gameplay as much as I did and yup almost all of them mention the same thing as to how bad the gameplay was. I think one of the other reasons ME2 is remembered so foundly is because of fixing the gameplay.

And you like I said it probably felt better that time for some because there was nothing like it at that time so probably it did not feel that bad. I played it after DAO and before ME2 and to me it felt like a massive step down and disappointment coming from DAO.

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I dunno man. I could see its shortcomings even back then and even though they hindered the experience, they didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying the game.

I am with you on this. I remember a lot of people criticizing the gameplay and even lore when it was released. But I loved the gameplay even though it was kinda janky at places. As a fan of everything space operaish, i still love the OG ME. Can't wait to play this one to see how they have changed it.

• Like 1

Did you guys play the game using a controller? 

Because ME1 doesn't work with a controller natively, I ended up playing it using k+m and honestly it was great. I didn't find the gamely or even the mako to be that bad really. Loved it, I mean I had already played 2 and 3 on ps3, but I played the trilogy again on PC. Went in expecting it to be horrible but it was good only. Im assuming its worse using a controller. 

35 minutes ago, hussain said:

Did you guys play the game using a controller? 

Because ME1 doesn't work with a controller natively, I ended up playing it using k+m and honestly it was great. I didn't find the gamely or even the mako to be that bad really. Loved it, I mean I had already played 2 and 3 on ps3, but I played the trilogy again on PC. Went in expecting it to be horrible but it was good only. Im assuming its worse using a controller. 

It supports controller now

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

After your post I actually went down to Reddit to read up some 7-10 year old posts about ME1 just to check up if others hated the gameplay as much as I did and yup almost all of them mention the same thing as to how bad the gameplay was. I think one of the other reasons ME2 is remembered so foundly is because of fixing the gameplay.

The gameplay and technical issues were undeniable. But as far as I have known, the game had a very positive reception despite those issues. Just take a look at both the critic and user ratings on metacritic.

And yeah, ME2 did a terrific job in fixing the gameplay. It was incredible how drastic the improvement was.

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The gameplay and technical issues were undeniable. But as far as I have known, the game had a very positive reception despite those issues. Just take a look at both the critic and user ratings on metacritic.

And yeah, ME2 did a terrific job in fixing the gameplay. It was incredible how drastic the improvement was.

Look at the steam reviews as well. Origin and whatever the me launcher is quite busted.