Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Heaven Angel

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

They should have remade ME1.

If 2k can do for Mafia 1 then Bioware can do as well. Mafia 1 is no small game. Its EA, they want to make quick money without spending much resources in improving the game.

Seems too soon. In any case, I would like BioWare focus on a new game rather than a remake. Hope its Dragon Age game turns out well so it will be a reality. 

Are you guys excited for this? I mean I already own the trilogy (which shockingly doesn’t come with a lot of the dlc) but I don’t see the value here.... I mean yeah everything looks a little nicer but I don’t care about that. Also I’m one of the few people who didn’t have any problems with how mass effect 1 controls. 

I do tt honk I’ll buy this 

24 minutes ago, hussain said:

Are you guys excited for this? I mean I already own the trilogy (which shockingly doesn’t come with a lot of the dlc) but I don’t see the value here.... I mean yeah everything looks a little nicer but I don’t care about that. Also I’m one of the few people who didn’t have any problems with how mass effect 1 controls. 

It's for people who have not played the game and for console users mainly. 

1 hour ago, hussain said:

If you want to buy it...buy is when it's super cheap.

27 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Played it on pc. Does the remake has really good overhaul or just cash grab?

It's not out yet. Mass Effect 1 can use remaster 100%. The original is dated and controls aren't great. 2 is okay and 3 is playable. Though all 3 can use both visuals and technical improvements.

Wait for sale if you have already played it on PC. 

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Played it on pc. Does the remake has really good overhaul or just cash grab?

I think its mostly a cash grab and also a "lets try and regenerate some interest in this once great ip"

It's not out yet. Mass Effect 1 can use remaster 100%. The original is dated and controls aren't great. 2 is okay and 3 is playable. Though all 3 can use both visuals and technical improvements.

Wait for sale if you have already played it on PC. 

The gameplay of 1 and the pacing was quite bad. Unless they change that just a overhaul of graphics will not be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it cash grab? Includes all 3 games, 40 DLCs, both visual and technical improvements over original. Go and play ME1 now and tell me how it plays. 

The entire collection includes "remastered character models and tens of thousands of up-rezzed textures. Improvements to shaders and VFX, updated lighting and improved dynamic shadows, volumetrics and depth-of-field" according to the announcement, with pre-rendered cinematics also enhanced.

Character creator options will work across all three games, and those creation options include "improved and expanded selection of hair, makeup, and skin tone options," with Female Shepard from ME3 becoming the default female Shepard option for all three games.

• Includes all games with over 40 DLCs
  • 4K HDR, overhauled visuals and enhanced performance
  • New models, shaders, FX, lighting and DOF
  • Improved customization
  • ME3 Femshep now available in all games
  • Weapon rebalanced + better Mako controls
13 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

The gameplay of 1 and the pacing was quite bad. Unless they change that just a overhaul of graphics will not be enough.

Specifically for the original Mass Effect, EA announced it will have "comprehensive world-building enhancements with added detail and depth to locations like Eden Prime, Ilos and Feros," alongside improved interfaces and UI, plus a ton of quality of life additions. EA has also confirmed that the original Mass Effect's combat and exploration have been "modernized" with better aiming, squad controls and behavior, Mako handling, and cameras.

For ME1:

• Aim assist with "zoom snap"
  • Balance to weapons
  • Mako is faster and has improved physics
  • Faster lifts/loading
  • Improved enemy/squad AI
  • No class based weapon restrictions (as in you can use all weapons properly, some will still have class-based restrictions for how much you can level them up)
  • XP balance so you can hit max level without new game plus
  • More autosave points
  • Improvements to some boss battles (probably Noveria boss)
  • Reduced first aid cooldown
  • Reduction in mini games (I wonder if Tower of Hanoi is getting cut, or a change to the simon says minigame on doors)
  • New HUD

I would rather have this than Andromeda and other modern games for $60. 

Edited by Joe Cool