IVG/GI Nostalgia Thread

AtheK

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Getting warning points for Spamming on GI when I had just joined(still have them btw) :fear:

I still have 1 for "inappropriate language". :fear:

Got into a gaali fight with another Halo Clan.

I was perma banned at least 5 times from shout box. 2 times by HPS because there was a smiley which takes too much space, it was a drum or something and I posted that in bulk.

I remember even Athek banned me for no reason when he was drunk in one the nights!

Shout with Proud Madari (where is he?), pushpa gangbang!! MT's money show off. Birdy was new to the forums at that time and he joined the fun too. And I am sure there were other bunch of people I used to shout with. Didn't even care much about threads at that time lol.

And who can forget "IVG will be sold!!!" and "Didn't expect IVG to be bunch of sellouts!!" lol that was epic.

Reminds me how pushpa has been with us in all those times and he never left :hug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember preordering on ivg? And during the PS3 era we used to get awesome goodies with the games :bigyellowgrin:

Also, when mp games released, many of us from ivg were playing together on a single server. ....i was a bit late to.the kz2 scene but for me especially during the bfbc2 launch i remember we had around 15-16 ivg'ians in a lobby of 24 ppl :D.....same thing too happened during bf3.

That's why the kz2 and bfbc2 fragfests thread here was around 300+ pages :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Who remembers umesh kadam :harhar:

He is apparently very good at COD nowadays. Keeps posting about his prowess on FB from time to time. 

I too miss the shoutbox. It needs to be brought back. It was really fun to post random stuff. I regularly used to spam with :naughty: on it. 

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I think he never came back after the time ivg went down for a month or so.

And I was thinking playstation became playstationdude :giggle:

And true we lost lot of people after the downtime

Edited by Assassins Creed

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

One of my best memories. No one in India still does preorders like we did. And even today very few retailers get the preorder numbers we did for some games. We crossed 100 with Uncharted 

Now that those restrictions from that stupid a*s distributor Milestone no longer exist looking at how amazon and Flipkart are happily offering discounts I have been wondering why are the pre orders with kickass offers not back over here?

What I remember about MT is, he wanted to start some english training thread to which I responded. He pointed out my post and mentioned this is why we need training. Then someone else pointed out the mistakes in his reply and he disappeared from the thread :rofl:

PS - Now, don't point out issues in this post. I am not perfect :P

Edited by b!T

14 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

his wife?

No, not his wife, some random guy who was banned before, was posing as a girl and mt was trying to be all protective and stuff until some mod pointed out out :D 

Very few of the original FIFA players active now (which is what I exclusively played back then).

Omar, Rad, Azaan, Danny, Dabba, Avinash, Yogi, etc. Some crazy times with one of the first (if not the first) FIFA tournaments on IVG. I think it was for FIFA 09 or FIFA 10.

Also, when some of us met up for playing football.

This was the first time, IIRC:

tpIAHpP.jpg

Alsomet during the PlayStation Experience at Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Good times!

Also, some of the "Official" IVG meet-ups didn't have anyone from the Mods/Admins so, it was just a bunch of members gathering in a gaming cafe (603, in Bandra, booked entirely by us) and then heading to The Irish House to watch some football with a few drinks. Fun times!

Edited by VelivolusDas
Added the photo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

Haven’t been in touch with him, but last I knew he had moved to Oman. He got married to megzworld, whom he met on IVG.

Hmmm, yeah I remember him posting pics of his marriage and stuff, he's no longer part of the site ?

I also remember this April fools prank pulled by the mods/admins at the time, pretending that ivg/gi is sold off and tp would be shut down.  I was fooled too, but some guys took it way personal and even quit the forum iirc :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I also remember this April fools prank pulled by the mods/admins at the time, pretending that ivg/gi is sold off and tp would be shut down.  I was fooled too, but some guys took it way personal and even quit the forum iirc :lol:

Oh yeah. That was something.

It got so intense that the "joke" had to be revealed way before April Fool's Day.

"I blame IGN."

Who remembers umesh kadam :harhar:

The original Jigsaw Killer, he is so damn cool. Still in touch a little bit.

Also I remember you banned me in my first week in GI back in 08 :cry:

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Memories from some epic bgc meets

Anush @argruid
Rishu @dullu
Butter @Hot-Drake-Pixel
Arun @arun360
Cody @ctrl_alt_del
Pranay
Cycle @cyclops
Japani @john117

Vikram @reaper

Some real good memories.

29fb34713925cf4cd48a0cad2a657017.jpg1ac67aac436140ebe2a75cef2c449410.jpg1c66787a9dc9e80294d0eb50d0c9003c.jpgfc0fc0882cd5dd8923e38f33eb9f78ec.jpg6f841a6bc7c11c7c9b899c4f1fe744ea.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 2