NEO: The World Ends With You

NitroNeo

Publisher: Square Enix

Genre: Anime Action RPG

Platform: PS4, Nintendo Switch

Release date: Summer 2021

Announcement Trailer:

Source: Kotaku

After a long drought spent wondering when Square Enix would show a crumb of attention to fans of their 2007 action RPG hit, The World Ends With You is finally getting a sequel.

Announced via YouTube, NEO: The World Ends With You returns to the streets of Shibuya featuring all new protagonists and a fully 3D battle system.

In The World Ends With You, players controlled Neku Sakuraba, a recently deceased teenager brought to the mysterious world of the Underground and forced to play the Reapers’ Game in order win back his life. In NEO: The World Ends With You, players will control Rindo, a newcomer to the Reapers’ Game, and together with a new group of friends, they will fight to save their lives.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

another jrpg ?
The blend of cell shaded style like persona 5 and action combat like some modern J-RPGs I'd call it a J-ARPG.

Combat seems refined SE experience with modern J-ARPGs like FFXV and KH3 shows.

I for one feel it's quite the unique game and another great deal and reason to own PS5. Since i do hope we'd be able to play on ps5 with Sony's policy of july 2020 onward PS4 games be compatible with PS5

Yay

The anime girls seem especially well done. The characters match their tropes and the seemless transition from dialog to action makes it for a immersive experience like playing an anime. There are at least no awkward transition pauses from dialog to action with weird lip sync and facial animations issues.

I could never play P5 since J-RPG combat isn't for me. But glad enix did this. Maybe i can still hope for a DQ12 J-ARPG

• 8 months later...
Anyone get their copy? GTS was supposed to ship on the 26th and it's the 29th now. [emoji42]
GTS has been shipping pre-orders late for some reason - happened with me twice in the past 5-6 months - R&C and Judgment PS5. They usually were always on time earlier maybe the supply chain and distributors have been hit due to covid.
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:
47 minutes ago, petey said:
Anyone get their copy? GTS was supposed to ship on the 26th and it's the 29th now. emoji42.png

GTS has been shipping pre-orders late for some reason - happened with me twice in the past 5-6 months - R&C and Judgment PS5. They usually were always on time earlier maybe the supply chain and distributors have been hit due to covid.

OT but how late was it? A week or more?

1 minute ago, SuperT said:
3 minutes ago, petey said:

OT but how late was it? A week or more?

Nope just a couple of days. Try sending a dm on insta they usually respond with an apology and will update you when they are likely to ship.

Ah, okay. That's good.

I called them up and they kept saying "tomorrow". lol

Today they finally said it may take till later this week.

• Like 1

My copy from mcube isnt shipped either.
Well, I believe the distributor is E-xpress, so once GTS ships it, the other storefronts should follow suit soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Week 2 Day 4, this game sure is a wild ride. Looks to be very connected to TWEWY.

The only complaint I have so far is the existence of the second Scramble Slam: it feels like padding.

That said, the battle system is so fun and they pepper in just about enough new mechanics every once in a while to keep things fresh.

Even in game you can't escape the 'rona.

qDkfhYM.jpg

TRMaL0F.jpg