The end of Blu-Rays and 4K formats in india?

amitsh2812

Just saw that 4k blu-rays and new blu ray movies are no longer available on amazon and flipkart from the major resellers like EXCEL video. They got pulled suddenly in last 48 hours off both the platforms. And the few that are there from other vendors are at crazy prices. 

Anyone has an update on this? Loved the formats on my Home Theatre

That's unfortunate. However I think the market for physical media just isn't there anymore and I would not be surprised to learn that some of these distributors no longer operate. 

Just earlier in the year Sony music international and Warner Brothers Music wound up their operations in India. Now for CDs/ vinyl from their catalog we need to depend on other importers and prices are also generally higher than before.

Yea,

3 hours ago, argruid said:

That's unfortunate. However I think the market for physical media just isn't there anymore and I would not be surprised to learn that some of these distributors no longer operate. 

Just earlier in the year Sony music international and Warner Brothers Music wound up their operations in India. Now for CDs/ vinyl from their catalog we need to depend on other importers and prices are also generally higher than before.

In line with global trends, which is a shame because streaming bitrates aren't anywhere near as high as a 50-100 GB on-disc movie. Even a FHD bluray, in theory, should perform better than a 4K stream.

Are there any boutique importers for CDs and vinyl you'd recommend?

3 hours ago, originalamit said:

looks like a lot of the other distributors are also not operating now on FK and Amazon...

Pritam still is. I bet we can get a response from Excel if we write in.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:14 PM, Keyofx said:

Are there any boutique importers for CDs and vinyl you'd recommend?

A couple of sellers on Amazon I regularly buy from are music for all and Blisstainment.

Although since I also buy a lot of metal, I also buy from Mahatobar in Bangalore, and metal-masala.com

• Like 1

• 8 months later...