Heaven Angel

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

This coming on GP day one had me go OMG! 

Same! and a pleasant surprise it has cross-platform!!! Was talking with friends and planning to pick it up on the PS5, but now I dont have to!!!

2 minutes ago, psinide said:

Same! and a pleasant surprise it has cross-platform!!! Was talking with friends and planning to pick it up on the PS5, but now I dont have to!!!

Yep, even I was eyeing on this. I was thinking on PC. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing the beta.

So far I like it. The shooting is nice and guns feel good. Co-op also working smooth and haven't encountered any bugs.

Haven't looked into cards and stuff but seems like a good variety of cards to choose. Exploration and bots are also good. 

Let's see how long it keeps up. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I would suggest playing in a full group for sure. The bots are okay at the start but once too many zombies start rolling, bots go in derp mode. Bots don't recognize the surroundings and amount of zombies coming. They don't break from the traps of big enemies or revive properly. They just die often and drag you down. 

The card system at the start seems to be very simple tacky stuff (like +5 hp or reload or melee knife or healing) and doesn't improve or change the gameplay. 

Not like L4D and shouldn't be compared. L4D1 and 2 are masterpieces and this is just another co-op zombie game to play for 10-30 hours before moving on. 

It's okay. Chill to co-op and finish the campaign when the game is out. Don't think I'll be playing more than that as nothing really stands out or does better than L4D. 

• Like 2

Tried this yesterday. It seems like they just had a phone call with an L4D Dev on a terrible network as input to making this 

On paper, it’s just a me too but a more bland and basic version. L4D had some killer levels and choke points that this game does not. Plus, the movement is really stiff and aim assist too strong

Gamepass game indeed 

Edited by RV1709

Done with the beta campaign. Some fun but nothing new or stood out in anything. 

Pros:

• Decent gunplay 
  • Co-op fun
  • Runs well and didn't encounter any bugs

Cons:

• Uninspired stuff
  • Standard weapons stuff and barely making a difference even with mods
  • Card system no one asked for
  • Not so satisfying to kill hordes 
  • Bots are not good when it comes to "team-play". Sure they kill stuff from time to time but they barely upgrade themself or pick up weapons/items and help you. 
  • Lack of music/sound and effects
  • Same boring one-liners from characters 

Just another generic zombie game that is hyped to kill L4D while forgetting what makes L4D a masterpiece. WWZ game did it better. Maybe things will change at launch but looking at the last Turtle Rock game - Evolve, I wouldn't expect too much. 

Don't fall for the media/influencer hype. Had it not been on GamePass, no one would pay for this.