The Callisto Protocol

Heaven Angel

Game is definitely a pick who're into atmospheric action, especially who liked Dead Space. 

The game is quite detailed, very atmospheric and gory. 

I'm at chapter 4 I think and I'm playing on Maximum Security aka highest difficulty 

Gameplay is very simple, you dodge with you joystick and attack/counter and it's super easy. 

The story content and progress is sadly very slow. 

Developers has put some great efforts and it's visible in game but they fell short in some aspects, agreeable as they are new in this field. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The death animations are awesome. Fantastically done. 

Beware: Quite GORY 

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Game is definitely a pick who're into atmospheric action, especially who liked Dead Space. 

The game is quite detailed, very atmospheric and gory. 

I'm at chapter 4 I think and I'm playing on Maximum Security aka highest difficulty 

Gameplay is very simple, you dodge with you joystick and attack/counter and it's super easy. 

The story content and progress is sadly very slow. 

Developers has put some great efforts and it's visible in game but they fell short in some aspects, agreeable as they are new in this field. 

The death animations are awesome. Fantastically done. 

Beware: Quite GORY 

Reveal hidden contents

My thoughts exactly 

Beautiful game, atmosphere, sound. Story and gameplay leave a lot to be desired 

12 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

My thoughts exactly 

Yes, the performance issues are also been fixed. No stutters on PC and consoles almost seamless. There are no loading whatsoever, everything is instant. Gives a good cinematic pleasurable experience. 

Props to devs for making a patch so quick and being transparent about problems on social media.

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

My thoughts exactly 

Game got a lot easier after las patch. They doubled the speed of healing, reloading and weapon swap, and added i-frames to dodge so you don't get hit in mid dodge anymore. I was playing on easy because frankly I don't care when combat is janky as fk (did the same with Witcher 3), but now bumped it up to normal because it actually feels good to play.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PitchBlack said:

I loved the game honestly! Didn't understand the hate it got. I hope this gets a sequel and adds more enemy types and combat mechanics. 

Because of generic story and narrow combat system. It had potential but got wasted by copying the dead space mechanics. 

22 hours ago, PitchBlack said:

I loved the game honestly! Didn't understand the hate it got. I hope this gets a sequel and adds more enemy types and combat mechanics. 

The game was in an unfinished state when it was shipped, especially on PC. Further, the core gameplay of melee combat is rinse and repeat - dodge left, dodge right - rinse repeat. The Boss battles are also lop sided and not great (there is a mini boss who appears 4 times in the game, not sure why they could not introduce more variety here). That said - the graphics, character rendering, lighting and atmosphere are definitely great - though level design still left lot of issues for me. There were just some side rooms / additional areas in the game which were just literally empty rooms and had no use.