The Callisto Protocol

Heaven Angel

• 3 months later...

Started playing this game again. This has become much better now and performance issues though still present, are mostly ironed out. Hope they come out with a story dlc soon, as of the now they have added some skins / death animations only

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Finished it today. It was an okay experience, environment variety is very poor. Same enemy design over and over again. Sections where enemy just keep popping up suddenly to trigger difficulty spikes. Switching between guns is a pain in the a*s. Visually its top notch but gameplay is strictly average

I finished this recently too. It was a decent game. First half is below average and second part is good. Making it overall an ok experience. 

It looked like a Dead Space clone but it sadly is not. While it is inspired by dead space, I would have preferred a proper copy of the game rather than try to differ and put emphasis on Melee. Melee isn't bad but it is nothing good and after about half game, It becomes effectively useless except the forced part. 

Second half really picks up and that is where you'll get some good guns unlike dead space which is about so many cool weapons from the start. 

I think the devs were confused which route to go, either go Melee focus or put emphasis on guns and copy Dead Space. They didn't mix it well. Stealth in earlier part was bad but I liked it later on killing those deaf enemies. 

Overall this game is still worth your time, just go quick in the first half of the game and you'll enjoy the second half with some cool shooting and environmental challenges. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I finished this recently too. It was a decent game. First half is below average and second part is good. Making it overall an ok experience. 

It looked like a Dead Space clone but it sadly is not. While it is inspired by dead space, I would have preferred a proper copy of the game rather than try to differ and put emphasis on Melee. Melee isn't bad but it is nothing good and after about half game, It becomes effectively useless except the forced part. 

Second half really picks up and that is where you'll get some good guns unlike dead space which is about so many cool weapons from the start. 

I think the devs were confused which route to go, either go Melee focus or put emphasis on guns and copy Dead Space. They didn't mix it well. Stealth in earlier part was bad but I liked it later on killing those deaf enemies. 

Overall this game is still worth your time, just go quick in the first half of the game and you'll enjoy the second half with some cool shooting and environmental challenges. 

Same it's a decent game in my book a very solid 7/10 game. Just go with managed expectation and I had very low expectation but last October it was fun to play during spooktober month.

Also the game doesn't overstay with its length.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

It is good enough for a one time playthrough. Too bad we wont see a sequel. Fortunately the horror bandwagon is still strong at this point. 

4 minutes ago, dante77 said:

No. Please no. We have enough remakes already. Need Dead Space 4 or a complete reboot. 

There will be no takers of Dead Space 4.

Infact they should have remade 1 & 2 together & then a new game with a new story in same lore.