Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

IVG Podcast 64: Cyberpunk 2077 debacle, state of games journalism, holiday sales, and more

IVG Podcast 64: Cyberpunk 2077 debacle, state of games journalism, holiday sales, and more

The penultimate episode of the IVG Podcast for 2020 should have been a celebration of Cyberpunk 2077's long awaited release. Instead find ourselves discussing the fallout from its disastrous launch. Like the gaming community at large, we find ourselves divided on how Cyberpunk 2077 eventually turned out. We also discuss the role of games media in misrepresenting the game's state at launch.

Cyperpunk 2077 aside, we also talk about:

• The Epic Games Store holiday sale
  • Ubisoft's abysmal holiday giveaway, and
  • Early impressions of Back 4 Blood

You can listen to and subscribe to the IVG Podcast on your preferred podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. All supported platforms, web streaming and past episodes can be found on our Anchor page.

As always, we'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the podcast, as well as suggestions for future episodes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Division 2 also got battle pass? Every game got battle pass now lol.

Battle pass is good if done the MW way. I play cod like fish drink water. Didn’t spend a single paisa paying for any seasons. As long you earn in game currency which can then be used to buy the next pass. 

19 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Been a while now. Season 4 going on.

16 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Battle pass is good if done the MW way. I play cod like fish drink water. Didn’t spend a single paisa paying for any seasons. As long you earn in game currency which can then be used to buy the next pass. 

Most of the games have both free and paid battle passes. Division/Destiny/etc allows people to play without paying but if you pay you get extra stuff which is nice as not every season is good. 

20 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yeah it's been there for a while... and it's pretty easy to max out compared to say COD or Destiny 2.

17 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Red Dead Online had that too. Really appreciate it when games do that.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Jigsaw said:

I meant I was shocked to see you still log in. :D

Ooooh. Like that. I haven't logged in for a while though. Didn't have enough friends to play with. 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, WhiteWolf said:

RDR2 online too boring 

It's super boring alone, but it's decent fun with friends. 

Thanks @HundredProofSam. Pls keep this going into the next year. There’s a different charm in hearing the three of you do podcasts. Nash dropping those F-bombs like a US fighter pilot in iRaq always brings a chuckle. :thumbsup: 

Super happy you guys are enjoying it. This has been our most consistent year yet. 

Super happy that you guys got back the podcast due to our requests. Like I have said multiple times there is a reason IVG podcast is the best damn gaming podcast in the country. Also you guys should have Rishi and Mikhail too as guests now that they have gone indie if possible. Would love to have the entire old cast back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk