The IVG Podcast Thread - Episode 78: Battlefield Hype

19 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Division 2 also got battle pass? Every game got battle pass now lol.

Been a while now. Season 4 going on.

16 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Battle pass is good if done the MW way. I play cod like fish drink water. Didn’t spend a single paisa paying for any seasons. As long you earn in game currency which can then be used to buy the next pass. 

Most of the games have both free and paid battle passes. Division/Destiny/etc allows people to play without paying but if you pay you get extra stuff which is nice as not every season is good. 

20 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Division 2 also got battle pass? Every game got battle pass now lol.

Yeah it's been there for a while... and it's pretty easy to max out compared to say COD or Destiny 2.

17 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Battle pass is good if done the MW way. I play cod like fish drink water. Didn’t spend a single paisa paying for any seasons. As long you earn in game currency which can then be used to buy the next pass. 

Red Dead Online had that too. Really appreciate it when games do that.

1 minute ago, nash said:

Yeah it's been there for a while... and it's pretty easy to max out compared to say COD or Destiny 2.

Red Dead Online had that too. Really appreciate it when games do that.

:surprise: You? :bigyellowgrin:

On 12/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Jigsaw said:

I meant I was shocked to see you still log in. :D

Ooooh. Like that. I haven't logged in for a while though. Didn't have enough friends to play with. 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, WhiteWolf said:

RDR2 online too boring 

It's super boring alone, but it's decent fun with friends. 

Happy new year everyone.

I will also share my picks for above categories-

Overall games of the year - Ghost of Tsushima.

Honorable mentions- Last of us 2, Immortal fenix rising, AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion. 

Best surprises - Immortal fenix rising 

Biggest disappointments - Availability of nextgen consoles. 

Best new IP - Ghost of Tsushima 

Best remasters/remakes - Saints row3 remastered. 

Best music/OST -AC Valhalla. 

Games that shouldn’t have existed - Tell me why.

Games iam looking forward to the most in 2021 - God of War Ragnarok, Starfield and Horizon forbidden west.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

Nice podcast.

Good to see Genshin shoutout. Really awesome game and everything is free along with additional content. As for co-op, yes, you unlock is later. miHoYo didn't expect the game to blow up so fast. Glad it did. 

Agree with Avengers. With so much hype around the IP, everyone asking for Avengers game, long development and in end we got super mediocre game.

WWE games suck so much now. They changed the engine and developer too. Those old WWE games were so much fun. ?

Fall Guys was nice surprise. For a BR game, this was super chill and fast (sometimes faster than loading). Bit slow on content side, so population dipped a lot. Still very fun to jump in time to time. The design is just so adorable. 

Looking forward to Outriders and Riders too. Not high hopes but hopefully fun enough to play. I remember Steep and that game had no soul after 2 hours. Such a shame. 

Happy new year. Have a good one. 

• Like 1

Sam

Halo infinite is confirmed for base Xbox one already by 343. Game development started before One X was announced. Its design around limitations of base Xbox one. It will be upscaled for SX and PC, so it will not have Cyberpunk like issues. Cyberpunk was designed around high end PCs then scaled down for base machines and base machines couldn't handle it.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Super happy you guys are enjoying it. This has been our most consistent year yet. 

Super happy that you guys got back the podcast due to our requests. Like I have said multiple times there is a reason IVG podcast is the best damn gaming podcast in the country. Also you guys should have Rishi and Mikhail too as guests now that they have gone indie if possible. Would love to have the entire old cast back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Super happy that you guys got back the podcast due to our requests. Like I have said multiple times there is a reason IVG podcast is the best damn gaming podcast in the country. Also you guys should have Rishi and Mikhail too as guests now that they have gone indie if possible. Would love to have the entire old cast back.

AFAIK he wants nothing to do with IVG. but I maybe wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Damn, when did this happen? I thought he still was a mod here.

He hasn't been a mod for sometime now.

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

He hasn't had an account for some time now. Deleted his account and all his posts. Almost as if there was something to hide.

Interesting