The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

Who got the Burger King pie here ? I missed the IPO allotment, and didn't buy as the fundamentals are not as strong. But the intraday and BTST crowd must have had a field day. For someone timing it right (couple of friends got it for 115/share), they could have made a small fortune. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Private mostly. 

Good. Psu banks may get zhatka next year XD

1 minute ago, adity said:

2 rules

1. Stonks only go up

2. Buy the f**king dip

Lmao nothing keeps going up XD

also @Bird Bird Bird any idea about lincon pharma? Trading at cheap P\E but have no idea about the company.

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Who got the Burger King pie here ? I missed the IPO allotment, and didn't buy as the fundamentals are not as strong. But the intraday and BTST crowd must have had a field day. For someone timing it right (couple of friends got it for 115/share), they could have made a small fortune. 

Never applied. Dont like applying for loss making company XD 

I was half kidding with my comment. I've tried my hand at stock markets quite a bit and only thing I can say is unless you do it full time, just stick to investing in index funds and sure shot *wink**wink* tips if you get any. 

There’s one app which I see many people using to make a quick buck on a daily basis. Never bothered since I know what a queen I am with money. :fear1:

5 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

also @Bird Bird Bird any idea about lincon pharma? Trading at cheap P\E but have no idea about the company.

Haven't looked at LP, but while the fundamentals look decent, technicals show bearish in short term. Looks like a range bound stock tbh. 

Never applied. Dont like applying for loss making company XD 

4 days of UC, man, every f**king time it opened !

Even after hitting LC for 1 day, it is holding up surprisingly good. I thought it will go down to 120-ish, but nope !

Lots of pump and dump in the initial days, but that's what IPOs are good for - listing gains - and BK didn't disappoint at all. Bumper gains for those who bought on D1. 

11 minutes ago, adity said:

Look at EV/EBITDA bro. PE is absolutely meaningless. 

Its not meaningless but yes EV/EBITDA should be looked.

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haven't looked at LP, but while the fundamentals look decent, technicals show bearish in short term. Looks like a range bound stock tbh. 

My investment horizon is always 3-5 to years. nothing short term.

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lots of pump and dump in the initial days, but that's what IPOs are good for - listing gains - and BK didn't disappoint at all. Bumper gains for those who bought on D1. 

Thats what i fear. look at TANLA , people bought it at 700-800-900 now cant get out. At this price BK is OP.

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Thats what i fear. look at TANLA , people bought it at 700-800-900 now cant get out. At this price BK is OP.

Dude, I got stuck with Sbicards. 

Only marginal gains. For the 1st couple of months, only losses. f**k COVID. SBICards should have had bumper opening. :wallbash:

20 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Didn't get it. It was just pure lottery. People surely made quite a few bucks from it.

20 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Trades at single digit P/E and provides single digit growth as well but main problem is the management and conversion cycle. Tread lightly with this one.

Just cursory glance, Lincoln has practically no growth in sales. Not something shareholders love. 

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Trades at single digit P/E and provides single digit growth as well but main problem is the management and conversion cycle. Tread lightly with this one.

I read they got some approvals from US/FDA . but management is not what they say.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Who does F&O here ? The one with nerves of steel ? :unsure:

Never understood the concept.

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, I got stuck with Sbicards. 

Only marginal gains. For the 1st couple of months, only losses. f**k COVID. SBICards should have had bumper opening. :wallbash:

This was a shocker for many and it continues to plague the following financial IPOs. But SBICards did provide some great opportunity for intraday.

2 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I read they got some approvals from US/FDA . but management is not what they say.

Approvals for an already congested space. This company fails to provide returns even accounting for the gestation periods this sector needs. I won't allocate any capital until I see some returns especially with how its management handles things.

Just now, kunjanp said:

Approvals for an already congested space. This company fails to provide returns even accounting for the gestation periods this sector needs. I won't allocate any capital until I see some returns especially with how its management handles things.

Hm thanks for the input. So CIPLA it is XD

6 minutes ago, adity said:

I did on and off. Made money and ended up losing it everytime. There are actually some solid winning strategies with options but you need big margin for that. 

Same. Made good money, and lost all of it too. 

Simple - they are weapons of mass destruction. :lol:

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I do. But not everyday, only when I am free for the whole day. Sometimes I just let my algos trade.

Ooooh. What algos ? Where do you backtest them ?

25 minutes ago, adity said:

Look at EV/EBITDA bro. PE is absolutely meaningless. 

PE is of some use but at the macro level. You can gauge how the company performs as compared to its competitors, relative valuation charts are useful. 

Plus, then expand on the concept and use PEG ratio instead.

• Like 1