The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Yes. Chances are better with HNI.

Chances are only better if you are ready to invest a bomb because in any decent company's IPO, you get nothing at 2L. 

In BK one needed to apply for 358 lots in HNI to guarantee 1 lot of allotment i.e. almost 52L.

Obviously there is still chance if you apply for less but that again will be a lottery as many people will be investing way upwards of 2L.

2 hours ago, hope said:

Any document or some link for starting? :fear1:

Is Demat account free?

Open one with a discount broker like zerodha or upstox. Avoid guys like angel, Sharekhan, your bank's demat etc. Just note that with Some brokers you can transfer money to your demat account only from the linked account so  for eg if have linked icici ac with zerodha and when you transfer funds via UPI or NetBanking you'll have to do it through icici itself even if you get an option for other banks. So link an account where you traditionally keep your funds. 

Zerodha

https://zerodha.com/

Upstox

https://upstox.com/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Open one with a discount broker like zerodha or upstox. Avoid guys like angel, Sharekhan, your bank's demat etc. Just note that with Some brokers you can transfer money to your demat account only from the linked account so  for eg if have linked icici ac with zerodha and when you transfer funds via UPI or NetBanking you'll have to do it through icici itself even if you get an option for other banks. So link an account where you traditionally keep your funds. 

Zerodha

https://zerodha.com/

Upstox

https://upstox.com/

Cool.

Thanks everyone :)

On 12/22/2020 at 10:20 PM, kunjanp said:

Gonna be difficult in both HNI and retail. Allotment will be announced tomorrow followed by deduction/unblocking of funds.

Zerodha and upstox dnt differ much. I would suggest upstox right nw bcoz till 31the dec joining is completely free

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

I have been using "Groww" app for Direct Mutual funds investments. Pretty decent experience so far. Also looks like they started dealing with Stocks. That is worth a check as well. 

I have seen this app, it's legit. But in their motive of making investing as easy as online shopping they are making their app too friendly in a Robinhood way. They are also bringing a feature to invest via Whatsapp.

I personally will stick with Zerodha only, it has everything already.

3 hours ago, speedy said:

Zerodha and upstox dnt differ much. I would suggest upstox right nw bcoz till 31the dec joining is completely free

I am super pissed with Upstox. 

After opening my account with them, they deposited - without any consent, and for "free" - 4 or 5 shares of some company in my account - as a token of "generosity". This was then auto sold by them on a set date. Now again, no consent taken, nada. This transaction incurred a loss of around 180 INR, which they wanted me to pay. I blasted them over the phone for this, and it is still lying unpaid. Then they threatened to take legal action, and I said go ahead. All the "free" deposits and square off were sent over mail as a "goodwill" gesture, and I told them I did not give any consent for it, so I would love to see them in court. 

I still keep getting payment SMSs from them. 

f**kers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

After opening my account with them, they deposited - without any consent, and for "free" - 4 or 5 shares of some company in my account - as a token of "generosity". This was then auto sold by them on a set date. Now again, no consent taken, nada. This transaction incurred a loss of around 180 INR, which they wanted me to pay. I blasted them over the phone for this, and it is still lying unpaid. Then they threatened to take legal action, and I said go ahead. All the "free" deposits and square off were sent over mail as a "goodwill" gesture, and I told them I did not give any consent for it, so I would love to see them in court. 

f**kers. 

Damn, that's such a shitty move. So many people will eventually end up paying that amount, legal action should be taken by them instead. 

29 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

f**kers. 

This is scary for me.  

At my workplace (work in banking sector),  We have lot of restrictions on trading. Like we need to only have accounts with HDFC/ICICI and company gets statements for monitoring

No intra-day, no IPO , etc allowed. Not allowed to sell within 30 days of latest purchase of any stock. And we have a restricted list on which we need to verify the ISIN before purchasing.

Due to all this headache, even though i started trading around end of 2018, i seldom keep adding/averaging but push myself to do so.

I see you recommended smallcase for beginners, when i installed, it is asking to link to our existing Demat account (I have HDFC sec).  So what is this software exactly? Will it just recommend stocks or will it also purchase on our behalf using our Demat account? 

I don't want to end up having these tools purchasing / selling on my behalf.  That would be a  serious violation for me .

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

This is scary for me.  

At my workplace (work in banking sector),  We have lot of restrictions on trading. Like we need to only have accounts with HDFC/ICICI and company gets statements for monitoring

No intra-day, no IPO , etc allowed. Not allowed to sell within 30 days of latest purchase of any stock. And we have a restricted list on which we need to verify the ISIN before purchasing.

Due to all this headache, even though i started trading around end of 2018, i seldom keep adding/averaging but push myself to do so.

I see you recommended smallcase for beginners, when i installed, it is asking to link to our existing Demat account (I have HDFC sec).  So what is this software exactly? Will it just recommend stocks or will it also purchase on our behalf using our Demat account? 

I don't want to end up having these tools purchasing / selling on my behalf.  That would be a  serious violation for me .

You can use smallcase for looking at decent stocks based on sectors, themes etc. Need not necessarily buy from them. 

Good place to get an idea. It'll need to link with your active demat account just in case you want to buy something, but I haven't purchased anything so far via them. Just login through your demat, and look at ideas. The free smallcases show all stocks in this and their weightage. 

• Thanks 1