The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

You can't buy in IPO, you subscribe and pray for allotment.
In retail quota, max is around 15k per application. 1 application per pan card. But most of the time, it's plain lottery. Best chance is to apply with different PANs and different demats.

For HNI, you can get guaranteed allotment if your capital is "enough" and I put those in quotes because that is a high investment game for ex: One needed to invest around 35L in Indigo IPO to get one lot of shares. Could have been around 40L if many people put in the same bids of 35L. 

Yup I meant bid for the ipo. Given the fact that all 3 were oversubscribed I doubt the chances of allotment are there.
Only applied for INDIGOPAINTS.

How many lots did you bid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Yup. Next time will be applying 2-4 lots so that 2 se baar katega :roflroll:

Just now, i_rock098 said:

How many lots did you bid?

In retail it doesn't matter how many lots you apply for, it's all tied to one application and then alloted via lottery. In case of oversubscription, retails investors will not be given more than 1 lot even if they apply for many lots.

24 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

In retail it doesn't matter how many lots you apply for, it's all tied to one application and then alloted via lottery. In case of oversubscription, retails investors will not be given more than 1 lot even if they apply for many lots.

From what I heard if you apply two lots then your application is considered as 2 instead of one. So your chances are basically 2 out of 10. 

Just now, rushaboswal said:

From what I heard if you apply two lots then your application is considered as 2 instead of one. So your chances are basically 2 out of 10. 

Nope. Your application is always counted as 1.

In case oversubscription, allotment of max 1 lot via lottery.

In case of undersub, guaranteed 1 lot with lottery deciding any additional lots.

5 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Any of you guys bought any of the 3 IPOs that we had this past week?

If yes how much did you buy? And why?

Indigopaints. 13 lots (max limit). 

Have seen many times that partial allotment can happen (apply for 10, get 1 or 2). 

Didn't apply for HF as I don't get the reasoning behind their IPO. They literally say in their prospectus that they're listing to earn...listing gains. And looking at the balance sheet, they're cash heavy. Don't have much expansion plans. No idea why they really needed a listing right now. 

Stovekraft IPO is opening. 

Have seen many times that partial allotment can happen (apply for 10, get 1 or 2). 

Didn't apply for HF as I don't get the reasoning behind their IPO. They literally say in their prospectus that they're listing to earn...listing gains. And looking at the balance sheet, they're cash heavy. Don't have much expansion plans. No idea why they really needed a listing right now. 

Stovekraft IPO is opening. 

HF seems like a pure listing gain and dump company even I felt that their reason for listing was weak but their financial are decent.

IRFC seems quite good for long term holding but unfortunately my bid did not go through.

Indigo is the main good one also stovekraft seems good though still have to check their financials.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

HF seems like a pure listing gain and dump company even I felt that their reason for listing was weak but their financial are decent.

IRFC seems quite good for long term holding but unfortunately my bid did not go through.

Indigo is the main good one also stovekraft seems good though still have to check their financials.

I don't think IRFC will get much listing gains. You can buy it on opening as well. And depending on the budget, it can dip too. 

Haven't checked Stovekraft. Will have to see their prospectus. 

HF, no clue. It's listing on 3rd Feb, so the budget will play a lot of importance in how it is perceived. 

I don't think IRFC will get much listing gains. You can buy it on opening as well. And depending on the budget, it can dip too. 

Haven't checked Stovekraft. Will have to see their prospectus. 

HF, no clue. It's listing on 3rd Feb, so the budget will play a lot of importance in how it is perceived. 

How do you feel the market will react to the budget. I have a feeling it will be negative given the massive bull run we are on and I don’t see the budget living up to the hype.

Just now, i_rock098 said:

How do you feel the market will react to the budget. I have a feeling it will be negative given the massive bull run we are on and I don’t see the budget living up to the hype.

No point in speculation. Let's wait till the budget is  announced. If they do dump COVID tax on salaried peeps, well, f**k them in the a*s. 

I hope there's no COVID surcharge on regular grocery, drugs etc. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

In case of oversubscription, you won't get more than 1 lot. Absolutely no chance.

Only during undersub there is a chance of more than 1 lot.

39 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Does anyone here invest in the US Stock market / ETFs? Would like to understand what the process & associated fees are like.

I use Zerodha. And their Coin Platform has many MFs which are made up of US stocks, so you can give that a look.

13 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

The GMP for Indigo is around 800, HF 150 and 1.2 for IRFC. Can obviously change by listing.

Yeah. IPOWatch carries daily data. 

https://www.ipowatch.in/p/ipo-grey-market-premium-latest-ipo-grey.html