The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 hour ago, muathaz03 said:

whoa whoa it's getting crazier. he said it's been 3 months now. two months with 100% and this month 300%. wtf is this?

Market has been in a perpetual bullish mode for a few months now. It's not difficult to earn that much TBH. 

1 hour ago, muathaz03 said:

whoa whoa it's getting crazier. he said it's been 3 months now. two months with 100% and this month 300%. wtf is this?

Ask him what indicators and strategy he's using? Also I know guys who'll trade on just 2-3 stocks whole time and make good money.

I've personally been tracking RIL for months now and the pattern I can see is that it generally hovers in the 1900 range, has resistance at around early 2k range and support at 1850 range. So basically everytime it goes below 1900, I buy and sell it when it's near 2k. Easy money to be made. 

12 hours ago, KnackChap said:

So basically everytime it goes below 1900, I buy and sell it when it's near 2k. Easy money to be made. 

just curious , wouldn't it count towards short term gains and you would need to pay tax based on slab? or there is a workaround to this way of exiting.

So I was trying to place a buy order for Hemisphere Properties on HDFC Sec (NSE) and I am getting this message -  This security is traded in TT-Segment.Buy and Sell will be considered seperately as Delivery transactions.Do you want to continue the order? 

To which I press on continue but it goes to the Order Book and shows under pending. Can anyone explain what TT-Segment means ? All other stocks that I buy usually go to the order book and get executed sometimes stay in pending but eventually they get executed I have tried buying this share twice now and it goes in pending in the order book and then eventually never executes ?

14 hours ago, Snake said:

Hey guys, I have a question. My dad has a few shares that he bought, is there a way to transfer those to me since he passed away?

Not an issue. Just get one succession deed ready, whosever is the successor in the family can get those shares transferred on their name. If they are in demat account its an easy process & if they are paper shares its a bit lengthy process. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

So I was trying to place a buy order for Hemisphere Properties on HDFC Sec (NSE) and I am getting this message -  This security is traded in TT-Segment.Buy and Sell will be considered seperately as Delivery transactions.Do you want to continue the order? 

To which I press on continue but it goes to the Order Book and shows under pending. Can anyone explain what TT-Segment means ? All other stocks that I buy usually go to the order book and get executed sometimes stay in pending but eventually they get executed I have tried buying this share twice now and it goes in pending in the order book and then eventually never executes ?

Google Trade to Trade stocks. You'll get all the info. 

Also avoid such stocks IMO. Not enough liquidity. 

Google Trade to Trade stocks. You'll get all the info. 
Also avoid such stocks IMO. Not enough liquidity. 

That particular stock is breaking upper circuit for 4 days straight. There is a crazy demand for that stock and almost no sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

That particular stock is breaking upper circuit for 4 days straight. There is a crazy demand for that stock and almost no sellers.

Maybe that is the reason it is not getting executed. I made good money with that stock last month and wanted to do the same again, its pretty good for short term. 

Maybe that is the reason it is not getting executed. I made good money with that stock last month and wanted to do the same again, its pretty good for short term. 

Why exactly is that stock so hyped?

Why exactly is that stock so hyped?

Honestly it was suggested to me by a friend who invests a lot. I then tracked it for a week or so and finally invested, it gave good returns. One reason is that it is backed by Tata comms. This was mainly done by the govt. to disinvest vsnl. So basically acres of land has been allocated to the company which has great potential and hence the hype. Time will tell if it's actually good or if it's just hype. I would suggest don't give in to the hype and do your reasearch always.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Market has been in a perpetual bullish mode for a few months now. It's not difficult to earn that much TBH. 

there was a sharp correction too. it's not about 60k. but 300% return on his capital. mm let's see how it plays in the long run.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:17 PM, KnackChap said:

Ask him what indicators and strategy he's using? Also I know guys who'll trade on just 2-3 stocks whole time and make good money.

I've personally been tracking RIL for months now and the pattern I can see is that it generally hovers in the 1900 range, has resistance at around early 2k range and support at 1850 range. So basically everytime it goes below 1900, I buy and sell it when it's near 2k. Easy money to be made. 

I didn't want to ask him specifically. i'll ask and let you know. 

definitely not fixed stocks. he trades on various stocks and a while back he even used to do small caps. but like @Bird Bird Bird said market was bullish during the entire time he did small caps.

in the last 30 days he made the most on apollo tyres. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:17 PM, KnackChap said:

RIL, SBI, Bajaj Finance are my go to stocks for making small but sure profits. I'm fairly new and have a small risk appetite for investments for now. Would love to know more indicators that can be used. Not confident enough for intra-day right now, but building up to get there

On 2/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, rushaboswal said:

Wow , any reason why found it expensive , I found it ok priced at 1600:rofl: or maybe its the bull market making everything climb ?

I've been monitoring Tata ELXSI as well. Whats a good price to buy? I've put a trigger for 2100, but doesn't seem to get anywhere close to that in the last month or so..

Looking at how Franklin Templeton Investments winded down 6 Debt Schemes all of a sudden with money stuck with them until the issue is resolved,  can that happen to any other fund houses as well?

While mutual fund investments are subject to market risk, volatility, etc but completely shutting down funds all of a sudden is something i dont think i can handle or take risk with.

If I am just looking to park some small amount monthly in a MF (instead of keeping in a RD), should i also be worried about even other major Fund houses shutting shop? like HDFC/ICICI/Axis/Mirae etc