The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Looking at how Franklin Templeton Investments winded down 6 Debt Schemes all of a sudden with money stuck with them until the issue is resolved,  can that happen to any other fund houses as well?

While mutual fund investments are subject to market risk, volatility, etc but completely shutting down funds all of a sudden is something i dont think i can handle or take risk with.

If I am just looking to park some small amount monthly in a MF (instead of keeping in a RD), should i also be worried about even other major Fund houses shutting shop? like HDFC/ICICI/Axis/Mirae etc

Stick with HDFC/ICICI/SBI Index growth funds if you don't want to manage actively. Those are the safest bets.

5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Looking at how Franklin Templeton Investments winded down 6 Debt Schemes all of a sudden with money stuck with them until the issue is resolved,  can that happen to any other fund houses as well?

While mutual fund investments are subject to market risk, volatility, etc but completely shutting down funds all of a sudden is something i dont think i can handle or take risk with.

If I am just looking to park some small amount monthly in a MF (instead of keeping in a RD), should i also be worried about even other major Fund houses shutting shop? like HDFC/ICICI/Axis/Mirae etc

It was and liquidity issue I think. Wont have troubles with big fund houses. Also don't go for ultra short debt funds for now , and don't decide best on past results.

1 hour ago, psinide said:

I've been monitoring Tata ELXSI as well. Whats a good price to buy? I've put a trigger for 2100, but doesn't seem to get anywhere close to that in the last month or so..

When I bought it at 1600 it was a good price. Now I don't know , seems a stretch with recent results. But a bull market can stretch this more. 

14 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Stick with HDFC/ICICI/SBI Index growth funds if you don't want to manage actively. Those are the safest bets.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

It was and liquidity issue I think. Wont have troubles with big fund houses. Also don't go for ultra short debt funds for now , and don't decide best on past results.

Yes.  I just wanted to diversify and kept some in debt funds. Now will only stick to regular Equity Growth funds with big fund houses.

1 minute ago, hope said:

Anyone getting Railtel IPO? 

I can apply till Feb18th anytime right?

I can just enter quantity and apply and money will be automatically deducted if i get one? 

I think it's 18th Feb till 5PM.

If applying in Retail Quota, just add the quantity described in its lot and bid at the high of the price range.

If apply through Zerodha, you will have to create a UPI mandate, you will receive it on your UPI, could take hours though.

Money will be blocked and will be deducted if allotment happens, otherwise it will be unblocked.

Same goes for Bank's ASBA but no need for UPI mandate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Earnings are catching up, but yes Euphoria for sure , kachra stocks hitting 15% a day is sure shot bubble recipe 

Phatega bhai, phatega.

I am fully prepared to see my holdings drop down by 50%. Invest in quality stocks, UC toh aatein rhenge.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, rushaboswal said:

Tata elexsi will soon become a multibagger for me (Now 86%) , After tata motors and Alufloride. Any more stocks to study specially in metal sector? (Copper preferred )

Do consider , Vedanta

I have been thinking about investing about 10-20% of my capital in MFs. Basically looking at HDFC/SBI/UTI Index Growth funds on Zerodha.
Also looking at funds including metals.
Any specific MF which anyone can suggest?

Try not to use Zerodha for MFs since they keep the units in a demat and it can be hard to migrate later.
Always invest in direct plans, have lower expense ratio
Also see Axis Blue Chip for a safe bet eoth good returns.

2 minutes ago, kkapoorr said:

Try not to use Zerodha for MFs since they keep the units in a demat and it can be hard to migrate later.
Always invest in direct plans, have lower expense ratio
Also see Axis Blue Chip for a safe bet eoth good returns.

I will be using Coin by Zerodha and almost all of it is made up of direct plans. Not sure about the demat thing but it will work for me, won't be shifting out of Zerodha anytime soon.

Will look into Axis Blue Chip.

There are advantage funds from the likes of HDFC but the expense ratio is 1%, quite high but it does provide more returns. Any experience with those?

3 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Phatega bhai, phatega.

I am fully prepared to see my holdings drop down by 50%. Invest in quality stocks, UC toh aatein rhenge.

Sure phatega, but as said quality stock would bounce back , rest straight to dustbin 

2 hours ago, speedy said:

Do consider , Vedanta

I did, but the management is CROOK, il make good money in it , but I like staying away from Lalchi Management

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I have been thinking about investing about 10-20% of my capital in MFs. Basically looking at HDFC/SBI/UTI Index Growth funds on Zerodha.

Also looking at funds including metals.

Any specific MF which anyone can suggest?

Parikh parag long term equity. Have it a go , and those are the most genuine MF handlers I have came across, transparent and smart. Also they invest in US stocks too so that's a bonus 

3 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I will be using Coin by Zerodha and almost all of it is made up of direct plans. Not sure about the demat thing but it will work for me, won't be shifting out of Zerodha anytime soon.

Will look into Axis Blue Chip.

There are advantage funds from the likes of HDFC but the expense ratio is 1%, quite high but it does provide more returns. Any experience with those?

It's a bit safer & simpler to use something like a Kuvera or PayTM money for mutual funds because they only act as aggregators and don't hold and of your funds. Your funds are directly held by the fund house (HDFC, ICICI, etc).

Assuming that a considerable amount of your wealth would be invested into MFs for a +10 year time horizon, in the future at any point it would be easier to port to a new service or deal with the fund house directly in case of any dispute / redemption, etc.

--

Research into ETFs if you are looking to invest in the index as a whole and not a particular sector. ETFs have an expense ratio of ~ 0.1% and are traded on the market. These are passive and balanced basis the sensex / nifty index.

Edited by El Tigre Chino
  • Like 2