The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am worried about listing gains tbh. 

Retail quota is only 10%, so it's gonna be next to impossible getting allotment, especially with the number of the applications we are getting.

Will wait till tom to see how GMP changes before applying.

2 minutes ago, hope said:

Massive downfall today for me. Sab kuch gir gaya :fear1:

It is not said much on this thread but wealth creation takes time.

Patience is the most important skill which unfortunately gets lost in the bid for quick money.

If you have invested in quality companies, you don't need to worry.

22 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

It is not said much on this thread but wealth creation takes time.

Patience is the most important skill which unfortunately gets lost in the bid for quick money.

If you have invested in quality companies, you don't need to worry.

True Indeed.

I am looking to do Intra day but not working for me. Mein jispe lagata hoon woh gir jaata hai even after fundamentals are strong.

Some of the stocks i dont understand, everything is good for them but they never increasse :ko:

Edited by hope

13 minutes ago, hope said:

True Indeed.

I am looking to do Intra day but not working for me. Mein jispe lagata hoon woh gir jaata hai even after fundamentals are strong.

Some of the stocks i dont understand, everything is good for them but they never increasse :ko:

Fundamentals hardly matter for Intraday. 

Spend time on chart comprehension and reacting to market sentiment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

MTAR allotment is available now on Kprism App (registrar's app). Will be available on website soon.

And guess what, I got it :)

First IPO allotment for me.

Nice. Congrats ! 

But what's up with the app first approach even to see allotment ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nice. Congrats ! 

But what's up with the app first approach even to see allotment ? :lol:

Website goes down because of the traffic.

They must have different servers for the app and it's always updated first.

Now I need to go through the MTAR's docs again to decide whether to book or hold because seeing how previous IPOs went, this should get UC for the 1st day and then drop down.

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Website goes down because of the traffic.

They must have different servers for the app and it's always updated first.

Now I need to go through the MTAR's docs again to decide whether to book or hold because seeing how previous IPOs went, this should get UC for the 1st day and then drop down.

Not all IPOs hit the UC. 

I recently squared off Heranba quite close to the days high (never hit the UC) as I was watching price action from pre market opening. 

Unless the fundamentals are really strong, Burger King and Mrs Bector were outliers. This year has already seen a good amount of IPOs. 

My thought is always to capture the initial surge on opening day. We can always buy later if it's a value stock. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not all IPOs hit the UC. 

I recently squared off Heranba quite close to the days high (never hit the UC) as I was watching price action from pre market opening. 

Unless the fundamentals are really strong, Burger King and Mrs Bector were outliers. This year has already seen a good amount of IPOs. 

My thought is always to capture the initial surge on opening day. We can always buy later if it's a value stock. 

Yeah, I meant UC for quality companies.

Will probably book near the day's high as well.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anupam Rasayan IPO anyone ?

It's very aggressively priced as compared to its peers. They are looking to capitalise on the market sentiment about chemicals.

The financial position seems stable to me, decent growth over last two years and cash flow. Debt is a bit of a risk but still should be manageable.

GMP has been falling. 

Will wait till Monday to apply (just for listing gain) and for long term it looks to me that the price will drop post listing day (it's too aggressive) and then better valuation will be available.

26 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think there is some glitch with Zerodha app. Set the buying price at 150, the price went to 150 thrice but the order was never executed.

It could be the case that there were already enough orders before yours in the queue which were placed for 150, so those would have been executed first. Many times the price moves before your order comes up for execution.