The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

17 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My age old GTTs got triggered and I had the funds, lol. 

Kismat hi phooti hai.

My GTTs are triggered as well, lol.... Guess I have a position with ONGC now...... Going through mine to clean them up...

9 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Anyone adding in Nifty fund today? Or gonna wait?

I'm gonna top up my Nifty 50 today by some and will look at it again on Monday. Not buying Index stocks though...

2 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Is etf better than mutual fund? Also, is there a way to check common stocks in different mutual funds?

Yes, you can check in the fund details. It will have the stocks and their weight distribution listed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Is etf better than mutual fund? Also, is there a way to check common stocks in different mutual funds?

You'll be investing in indexes over many years and at high investment amount, mutual fund all the way.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, North said:

Had a query: I have investments in the UTI Nifty index fund. 

Its classified as a mutual fund. I want to know how its different from an ETF which tracks the nifty index.

I checked on Zerodha: The Mirae Asset Nifty 50 ETF has expense ratio 0.06% unlike 0.1% for UTI's Nifty MF.

I guess MF is managed by a fund manager, hence higher fees, as opposed to an ETF. Also googling tells me that an ETF constantly updates, unlike the Mutual Fund which updates at the end of the day.

Is there any advantage to switching over? Why is the option with lower fees less popular?

@Thegothamchampion check the posts underneath this

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

20% is huge. That kind of correction might take 5-8 years. 

20% crashes happen once in 5 years usually, 2004, 2006, 2011, 2016.I feel if not 20% then surely 15%, but ofcourse just a prediction and nothing more than that.

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

20% is more than the Corona Crash, I don't see that kind of event happening this year.

Over a long period of time, such correction will need a bear market.

Chill karo yaar, acche stocks me paisa lagaya hai toh bus lagaye rkho. Itna sochna hi kyun.

Covid crash was almost 40%.
Yes nothing to worry if you own good stocks. All I'm saying just buy more if it does happen.

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But but but... ITC will still be at 203 after 4 years. 

ITC even in 2013 was around 200rs, and today in 2021 is also 200rs. Personally I do not think putting more money in losers makes sense when one can choose winners. Am not saying he should cash out ITC but adding more is mistake. Even I have kept ITC in my porfolio but have reduced its weightage

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But but but... ITC will still be at 203 after 4 years. 

I'm strongly hoping against that :P 

Else I'll use the 'boond boond se ghat bharta hai' policy and keep adding as it goes to 200 and take my 300 rs profit after 4 years :P 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't just empty your bank accounts today, falls start with draw-downs. Keep some for coming days.

Also, my bank's relationship manager will hate me after such a buying spree :D

Yup, set my GTTs in such way that if they trigger, my funds will not be enough. Will get the cancelled notifications and then will decide if its OK to buy. Seems like we will have an eventful next week....