The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

One of the most hardest skills to master is not sticking to your entry price. You need to add as the business performs.

Initially I did stick, in hindsight it costed me some huge returns but now I have started to get a hang of it.

For ex: My entry price for Laurus was around 60-70 (adjusted for split) and now avg. price is in 300.

The recent add from the Neuland's drop also pushed my avg. but that's the only way to go about this, you can't go all in from the start.

Also, look at Godrej Agrovet. Looks very promising to me and promoters have been on a buying spree too.

I'm trying to learn the same. I am holding about 11 positions and I think the that's most I can manage (for now at least) and want to keep on adding to these based on charts.

I have kept my GTTs to the entry price still, but slowly want to analyze the metrics and update them. Currently try and add when I see a dip of 2-4% from the highest LTP in that week, but need to do some more homework and analysis.

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

HUL at ATH, very tempting to sell 50% but the way it played defensively over last week, I am thinking to hold it.

Do you hold stocks for long term or just short term? What is your reason to sell? Don't you belive in the company anymore? 

Sold all my easytrip holdings early morning at 375, panicked a little as the stock opened gap down & was continuously falling from one week, it sorta recovered later and I might take an entry again at 360 levels.

Got 100% returns on it but It had gone up till 120% before last week's drop so happy but still disappointed at missing the extra 20%. 

17 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Do you hold stocks for long term or just short term? What is your reason to sell? Don't you belive in the company anymore? 

My investing philosophy is of long term but I am still a 24 year old who will be joining his first job next month hence my current capital is very limited.

I totally believe in HUL and it's a great stock to keep in your PF for eternity but again because of limited capital, I am looking to pivot to other stocks which will provide greater returns than HUL. Those stock picks are also for 5-10-15-20 year horizon.

If I already had monthly paychecks coming in then I wouldn't have thought of letting go of HUL. I am still in half mind because it defended my PF brilliantly last 2 weeks.

FMCG is saviour in such times.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My investing philosophy is of long term but I am still a 24 year old who will be joining his first job next month hence my current capital is very limited.

I totally believe in HUL and it's a great stock to keep in your PF for eternity but again because of limited capital, I am looking to pivot to other stocks which will provide greater returns than HUL. Those stock picks are also for 5-10-15-20 year horizon.

If I already had monthly paychecks coming in then I wouldn't have thought of letting go of HUL. I am still in half mind because it defended my PF brilliantly last 2 weeks.

FMCG is saviour in such times.

At 24 I was doing regular bar crawls. My mid & late 20s are all a drunken haze....

On a serious note, thinking of adding more of RIL between the 2050-2100 range, good price point to add?

6 minutes ago, psinide said:

At 24 I was doing regular bar crawls. My mid & late 20s are all a drunken haze....

On a serious note, thinking of adding more of RIL between the 2050-2100 range, good price point to add?

I think only Jio is doing great right now, retail and oil sectors are still facing troubles due to future deal and Saudi Aramco deal.

24 minutes ago, psinide said:

Haha, I actually don't partake so never had that sort of expense.

Coming to RIL, 1900 is generally the place to add it. Like clockwork it goes to 2050-2100 and comes back down. Currently the price is trading higher because of many target appraisals. If it sustains then RIL is a great company to add for long term, I see RIL only getting stronger.

Mota Bhai nhi dhoobenge.

But you need to keep an eye on the chart to see if it makes a pullback or runs off.

Sharing a DD for Info Edge:

Mini Thesis:

· Descending Triangle Pattern is formed on the Daily Chart, Fibonacci level, demand level break out (Image Attached for Reference), could be a right time to enter this stock for a short or long term

· Stock has already corrected from ATH of 5880 to 4300, with CMP of 5000

· With Covid restrictions getting lifted & the vaccination progress, we will see info edge standalone businesses going back to normal in coming months, especially naukri.com & 99 acres

· The potential to unlock value from investments in other online businesses, we can expect 2-3 investee companies to file for IPO in future (Policy Bazaar & Zomato)

· Info Edge may join the Nifty in September

"You first get a job, then you get married, then buy a house, so it's like they are capturing the entire universe of the Indian economy online. That has tremendous growth potential." according to Devang Bhatt, an analyst at ICICI Direct Research.

Please see this link to view the list of Info Edge Investee companies, http://www.infoedge.in/investee-Companies.asp

1 hour ago, yogi_boy said:

Is it a good time to enter for long term?

I think a SIP is the best way to go with Laurus.

API, CRAMS, Formulation is a lumpy business and there can be QoQ disruptions but as it sits currently, trajectory is great, execution is great, last few days drop to 570 range was a good price to enter.

I believe in the company for next 10 years but I am also gonna keep tracking every Quarter and Annul report to make sure that the vision plays. So you need to do that part as well.

What happened to Strides? I had my GTT at 700, it went down to 668 at NSE, my GTT got triggered and it went back up.

Lol, it hurts me when my GTT buys at a higher price but I guess I can't complain when it did the job for me when I was asleep.

3 hours ago, sumanth said:

Any thoughts on union bank? Been adding to my portfolio from past 20days. 

Looks solid to me. Net profit has been increasing QoQ and it at an all time high. I have it in my PF, currently it's trading below it's book value and I'll be exiting when it hits that to reduce my exposure to the banking sector.

• Like 1