The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

29 minutes ago, Root said:

Do I get any confirmation from Zerodha if successfully applied for IPO? I have not received sms or email yet but got UPI mandate.

Though I submitted for 2 slots, got mandate only for 14k

Zerodha won't send any confirmation on allotment day.

If you applied for 2 lots and 14k was debited, that means you got 1 lot since in oversubed IPOs a max of 1 lot can be alloted.

Use this for confirmation:

https://linkintime.co.in/MIPO/Ipoallotment.html

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Zerodha won't send any confirmation on allotment day.

If you applied for 2 lots and 14k was debited, that means you got 1 lot since in oversubed IPOs a max of 1 lot can be alloted.

Use this for confirmation:

https://linkintime.co.in/MIPO/Ipoallotment.html

14k has not been debited it got blocked as part of UPI mandate. Debit will happen only if successfully aloted.

I applied for two slots but UPI mandate was for 14k

29 minutes ago, Sid1 said:

got 1 lot of clean science but no luck with infra.

Need suggestion - should i sell on listing day or hold it?

It's a good company, numbers are there, the narrative is there but they have been decorated for the IPO.

They have perfectly planned their listing by investing in R&D 3-5 years ago and only applying for going public when they have cut their R&D costs downs and margins have improved.

I don't expect this company to grow at 20%+ in future because their total addressable market is quite small and they already have plans for further CAPEX.

I would advise to sell the lot for listing gains and buy the shares back later for long term.

Also it is very much possible that the stock price shoots up a day or a week after listing, that's the case with every IPO but I am sure retail investors will be able to buy CS's stock for a lesser price in future.

3 minutes ago, Root said:

14k has not been debited it got blocked as part of UPI mandate. Debit will happen only if successfully aloted.

I applied for two slots but UPI mandate was for 14k

Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post.

Zerodha sends an email after mandate is successfully created and you will also receive an sms from your bank.

If there is a mismatch between the mandate and your applied amount then just delete the bid and try again.

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's a good company, numbers are there, the narrative is there but they have been decorated for the IPO.

They have perfectly planned their listing by investing in R&D 3-5 years ago and only applying for going public when they have cut their R&D costs downs and margins have improved.

I don't expect this company to grow at 20%+ in future because their total addressable market is quite small and they already have plans for further CAPEX.

I would advise to sell the lot for listing gains and buy the shares back later for long term.

Also it is very much possible that the stock price shoots up a day or a week after listing, that's the case with every IPO but I am sure retail investors will be able to buy CS's stock for a lesser price in future.

Thanks a lot... this helps in solidifying my decision to sell it for listing gains and maybe later rebuy :)

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I would stay away from Zomato in the long term unless it turns consistent profits. The VC Mmoney will dry up eventually.

You can't assess companies like Zomato via the orthodox framework. Financials wise, the company isn't attractive at all but it has created a moat. Especially in India, creating such a moat goes a long way.

Going forward, I expect quite a bit of diversification by Zomato, they'll leverage the data they have collected and also their logistics chain.

I suggest to keep a different portfolio for such modern, tech companies. Even if 7 out of 10 go bust, huge wealth might be created by the remaining 3.

Post listing the price will definitely tank and same will happen with upcoming quarters results, that would be the time to buy into the business.

That's true. These new age firms need to be looked at differently for the medium term at least. But at the same time, no firm has an unlimited pocket to keep diving into for funds they keep burning.

In India, Zomato would need to just outlast Swiggy (and vice versa). Whoever loses may end up selling to someone (like Amazon).

Till the time the market consolidates, people can ride the upswing in the share price.

2 minutes ago, yogi_boy said:

tatva chintan ipo opens tomm, another good ipo for listing gains or long term also, will research further, might invest a small amount on listing day, if no ipo allocation. 

If at any point of time, a YouTube or Twitter analyst mentions Grey market premium in their company analysis. Stop the video, unsub/unfollow and start with your literature analysis.

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

You can't assess companies like Zomato via the orthodox framework. Financials wise, the company isn't attractive at all but it has created a moat. Especially in India, creating such a moat goes a long way.

Going forward, I expect quite a bit of diversification by Zomato, they'll leverage the data they have collected and also their logistics chain.

I suggest to keep a different portfolio for such modern, tech companies. Even if 7 out of 10 go bust, huge wealth might be created by the remaining 3.

Post listing the price will definitely tank and same will happen with upcoming quarters results, that would be the time to buy into the business.

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

That's true. These new age firms need to be looked at differently for the medium term at least. But at the same time, no firm has an unlimited pocket to keep diving into for funds they keep burning.

In India, Zomato would need to just outlast Swiggy (and vice versa). Whoever loses may end up selling to someone (like Amazon).

Till the time the market consolidates, people can ride the upswing in the share price.

Thanks. I applied for 1 lot. Should I keep it or Cancel it?

5 minutes ago, black_Scorpion said:

Thanks. I applied for 1 lot. Should I keep it or Cancel it?

I don't see much listing gains, maybe around 10%. You can apply for the gains but if you wanna go long term, cancel it. Buy it when it drops down when the euphoria dies.

5 hours ago, yogi_boy said:

You think it will go down below the listing price in future?

I wouldn't count on it as it has huge QIB quota, so unless someone wants to dump these, I don't see this for some time. QIB have more patience than retail. And retail is just 10%. But if many people are applying for listing gains (as profit is non existent) and they sell soon, it maybe possible. keep an eye on subscription.

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

it has created a moat.

any place where I can see zomato vs swiggy. 
Not following this IPO. Anecdotally, due to swiggy having super program, I always prefer it. Though I don't think it is sustainable. Delivery is here to stay but how companies will make profit needs to be seen.