The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

12 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Kal pura sector daudega

Was in 2 minds to buy vssl (Vardhaman steel) today when it opened at 238 but decided to wait for day closing. Checked price just before close and it jumped to 268 :wallbash::suicide:

Damn already missed the tata steel bus. Will this be good for APL APOLLO TOO?

No idea boss. Can't predict anything over here. Yesterday everyone said bajaj fin will be down after the less than ideal earnings and yet they're up meanwhile shakti pump (which I hold) had a decent qtr but it fell by 6-7% today. 

28 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Kal pura sector daudega

Was in 2 minds to buy vssl (Vardhaman steel) today when it opened at 238 but decided to wait for day closing. Checked price just before close and it jumped to 268 :wallbash::suicide:

15 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Damn already missed the tata steel bus. Will this be good for APL APOLLO TOO?

The steel decision is for speciality steel only, not usual steel. 

So Welcorp, Mukund, JSL etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It'll be hilarious if general steel stock prices move, and specialty steel ones don't/go in red. :lol:

Although I have never been invested in Welspun but that is one "steel" company that I am absolutely bullish on.

The other one is Pitti Engineering, they are into electrical steel & have quite a diverse use set. 

Definitely deserves a bit of research, start a small investment if that compels you to research. But it's a micro-cap, so will need constant tracking.

Here is a read about electrical steel:

https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/electrical-steel-market/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Although I have never been invested in Welspun but that is one "steel" company that I am absolutely bullish on.

The other one is Pitti Engineering, they are into electrical steel & have quite a diverse use set. 

Definitely deserves a bit of research, start a small investment if that compels you to research. But it's a micro-cap, so will need constant tracking.

Here is a read about electrical steel:

https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/electrical-steel-market/

Biocon results out (meeting ended at 11:20 pm :mellow:). Pretty bad quarter. Both QoQ and YoY lower PAT. 

Low numbers in generics and novel biologics. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Biocon results out (meeting ended at 11:20 pm :mellow:). Pretty bad quarter. Both QoQ and YoY lower PAT. 

Can't find the result on the website yet.

Where is it? 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am not surprised by the results. 

Majority of the degrowth has been in the Generics division because they have been pivoting heavily towards Biosimilars and Biologics.

They spent a decent chunk of money and time on Bicara (Novel Biologics) but we won't see the commerical results for a couple more quarters. This is the hockey stick growth part of their business.

Biosimilars has posted a healthy gain both QoQ & YoY.

CRO is less QoQ but 1st quarter is always muted when it comes to research services as by the time Dec comes, all the innovators are already looking forward to the next year and hardly any order placement is done in Q1.

You can see this play out in Syngene's results.

YoY is a much better indicator.

They are focusing heavily on Biocon Biologics, I seriously hope as shareholders we get shares at demerger because if it goes the Syngene's IPO way, then that will be sad.

But the loss of Generics revenue is bit more than I thought. Have to wait for the con-call.

Biocon is a frickin long-term gain and looks like we will be see that 370 level again.

Sehna padega.

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am not surprised by the results. 

Majority of the degrowth has been in the Generics division because they have been pivoting heavily towards Biosimilars and Biologics.

They spent a decent chunk of money and time on Bicara (Novel Biologics) but we won't see the commerical results for a couple more quarters. This is the hockey stick growth part of their business.

Biosimilars has posted a healthy gain both QoQ & YoY.

CRO is less QoQ but 1st quarter is always muted when it comes to research services as by the time Dec comes, all the innovators are already looking forward to the next year and hardly any order placement is done in Q1.

You can see this play out in Syngene's results.

YoY is a much better indicator.

They are focusing heavily on Biocon Biologics, I seriously hope as shareholders we get shares at demerger because if it goes the Syngene's IPO way, then that will be sad.

But the loss of Generics revenue is bit more than I thought. Have to wait for the con-call.

Biocon is a frickin long-term gain and looks like we will be see that 370 level again.

Sehna padega.

Massive buying in Biocon. Holding good at 392-394. 

I've cleared my stake. Will wait for a correction.