The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

25 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Hey guys, been thinking of dabbling in shares and been monitoring a few over the last few weeks. Thinking of finally taking the plunge.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the following stocks. Do keep in mind that I am planning these as long terms investments (5 yrs minimum) so short term volatility isn't a concern.

ASTRAL

UPL

TATAELXSI

NAZARA

Thanks

Astral

Upl

Nazra has high P/E. Nazara cannot be valued based on pe but i still feel its bit stretched . 

Tata elxsi is a good buy considering the tata eco-system but has run up a lot (SIP can be done) but still a fundamentally sound stock. Also check OFSS and LTTS for research purpose .

But i would suggest not to get into UPL And Astral they can still go up but for long term seems no go .

Just my bits others can guide better. 

Edited by rushaboswal
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Astral

Upl

Nazra has high P/E. Nazara cannot be valued based on pe but i still feel its bit stretched . 

Tata elxsi is a good buy considering the tata eco-system but has run up a lot (SIP can be done) but still a fundamentally sound stock. Also check OFSS and LTTS for research purpose .

But i would suggest not to get into UPL And Astral they can still go up but for long term seems no go .

Just my bits others can guide better. 

I would say that UPL will definitely surprise you in next 3-5 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Thanks guys.

Nazara only reason is its the only gaming stock and there's so much investment and M&As in gaming in India that I'm assuming there will be a rub off on Nazara and the stock will continue to climb.

As @KnackChap said, 1400-1500 is the best region to add and it will definitely come in that range once again.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 12:24 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Weak results. Been hitting LC post declaration. 

Its still been hitting LC.

Can you tell me how does shorting stock work? Do I just simply hit sell with defined quantity and then buy when I want? And if I am selling do I need to pay too?

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, I was just gonna post about how my confidence in Strides increases day by day.

Bhai my buy was at a much higher price. Waited for months for half decent result, and then double digit price erosion in US, negative ebitda, losses. Biggest loss maker in my PF. 

f**k it, will concentrate on other stocks. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bhai my buy was at a much higher price. Waited for months for half decent result, and then double digit price erosion in US, negative ebitda, losses. Biggest loss maker in my PF. 

f**k it, will concentrate on other stocks. 

I understand but Strides was always a long term game. Their guidance is to recover fully by H2FY22 and I don't see any reason to doubt it.