The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I understand but Strides was always a long term game. Their guidance is to recover fully by H2FY22 and I don't see any reason to doubt it.

I'm going through their presentation. But once bitten, twice shy. 

There are a f**kton of stocks. Not touching Strides again. 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm going through their presentation. But once bitten, twice shy. 

There are a f**kton of stocks. Not touching Strides again. 

Overall Loss due to realisation of one time loss of shifting facilities from West coast to East coast, accruing 1400M INR.

West coast got approvals few months ago, not sure how much cost optimization they can achieve by going with Endo.

Concall will be interesting.

But I believe Arun Kumar's vision, he has always delivered.

34 minutes ago, Root said:

Its still been hitting LC.

Can you tell me how does shorting stock work? Do I just simply hit sell with defined quantity and then buy when I want? And if I am selling do I need to pay too?

Shorting can only be done on intraday basis afaik. So you'll have to buy it back before 3:15 or the broker will buy it for you and charge a penalty. And yes that amount is blocked in your funds. 

18 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Overall Loss due to realisation of one time loss of shifting facilities from West coast to East coast, accruing 1400M INR.

West coast got approvals few months ago, not sure how much cost optimization they can achieve by going with Endo.

Concall will be interesting.

But I believe Arun Kumar's vision, he has always delivered.

The Stelis update is more interesting than Strides update. Will relook once demerger happens. 

53 minutes ago, Root said:

Its still been hitting LC.

Can you tell me how does shorting stock work? Do I just simply hit sell with defined quantity and then buy when I want? And if I am selling do I need to pay too?

It's way too risky in my opinion. Only a few institutional brokers like edelweiss offer sell today buy tomorrow feature. Rest will square off the trade at 3:15 PM.

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The Stelis update is more interesting than Strides update. Will relook once demerger happens. 

But that's the game. By buying Strides you get Stelis at 1x book value, today.

That won't be the case whenever it demerges.

So the motive is to accumulate enough Strides so that you can get considerable Stelis shares upon demerger. Let's hope it's of 3:1 ratio.

Concall should provide clarity upon Strides sans Stelis.

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

But that's the game. By buying Strides you get Stelis at 1x book value, today.

That won't be the case whenever it demerges.

So the motive is to accumulate enough Strides so that you can get considerable Stelis shares upon demerger. Let's hope it's of 3:1 ratio.

Concall should provide clarity upon Strides sans Stelis.

Looked at Endo. They have had their share of lawsuits on testosterone therapy, opiods etc. Current lawsuit ongoing. 

Plus major earnings are from generic US distribution. 

I'll wait and watch. Even if we get stellis at a higher valuation, and if company delivers on its promise, the market is up. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

But that was on the parent company, no? 

And spectrum dues and AGR is still there. 

Can lead to infusion of money in Indian arm too. It's also in govt's interest to not make telecom a duopoly. We all know how it pans out in the West with such practices. 

Attended Strides concall, here are the main snippets:

• Price erosion in generics space hitting hard (expected).

• Endo's acquisition is to get control of over 100 ANDAs and keep launching new products in the market to combat price erosion.

• Wants to consolidate the business around one facility and hence the write down of Florida facility, can expect to regain the loss via its sale in future but that's speculative right now.

• Expecting a tough Q2. Short term pain might even spill over to Q3 & Q4. Overall, they are on track to achieve their target of $400M US sales.

• Exploring all possibilities related to Stelis.

My thoughts: 

Write down of the Florida facility doesn't make sense to me. It already had approvals and VA. Not sure how much price optimization they can achieve by consolidation.

No reasons to doubt their guidance for US target. Canada, Aus, Africa biz is running along just fine.

They announced Stelis's demerger in Feb and now they are exploring all possibilities. That just tells me that IPO fever has got into their mind.

Now Arun Kumar & his team took similar bold steps with Solar, Sequent and I completely believe in his ambition & ability.

But the change of stance regarding demerger doesn't sit well with me.

I will continue to hold my current position but won't be adding more until the future becomes more clear.

For anyone holding Strides, as I said before, it's a long term game & I still have high conviction in the biz but if 1-2yr drawdowns and volatility hurts you then it would be better to reallocate the capital to other companies.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can lead to infusion of money in Indian arm too. It's also in govt's interest to not make telecom a duopoly. We all know how it pans out in the West with such practices. 

Parent company has told its share holder no further infusion in indian arm . Also they had methods to infuse it via other channels.

19 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Attended Strides concall, here are the main snippets:

• Price erosion in generics space hitting hard (expected).

• Endo's acquisition is to get control of over 100 ANDAs and keep launching new products in the market to combat price erosion.

• Wants to consolidate the business around one facility and hence the write down of Florida facility, can expect to regain the loss via its sale in future but that's speculative right now.

• Expecting a tough Q2. Short term pain might even spill over to Q3 & Q4. Overall, they are on track to achieve their target of $400M US sales.

• Exploring all possibilities related to Stelis.

My thoughts: 

Write down of the Florida facility doesn't make sense to me. It already had approvals and VA. Not sure how much price optimization they can achieve by consolidation.

No reasons to doubt their guidance for US target. Canada, Aus, Africa biz is running along just fine.

They announced Stelis's demerger in Feb and now they are exploring all possibilities. That just tells me that IPO fever has got into their mind.

Now Arun Kumar & his team took similar bold steps with Solar, Sequent and I completely believe in his ambition & ability.

But the change of stance regarding demerger doesn't sit well with me.

I will continue to hold my current position but won't be adding more until the future becomes more clear.

For anyone holding Strides, as I said before, it's a long term game & I still have high conviction in the biz but if 1-2yr drawdowns and volatility hurts you then it would be better to reallocate the capital to other companies.

Seh-Lenge-Thoda-meme-template-of-Welcome

3 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Parent company has told its share holder no further infusion in indian arm . Also they had methods to infuse it via other channels.

Seh-Lenge-Thoda-meme-template-of-Welcome

Bro, I see quite a correction coming up. If not price then time correction for sure.

Thoda nhi, bahut sehna padega.

If you have better opportunities present then I would suggest to reallocate capital there because I can stay 1-2-3 years out in red but that's very difficult and not for everyone.

Sorry if you invested in Strides on my recommendation but the road turned out to be more bumpy than I thought.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, I see quite a correction coming up. If not price then time correction for sure.

Thoda nhi, bahut sehna padega.

If you have better opportunities present then I would suggest to reallocate capital there because I can stay 1-2-3 years out in red but that's very difficult and not for everyone.

Sorry if you invested in Strides on my recommendation but the road turned out to be more bumpy than I thought.

I dont care 1-2-3 years as i have said earlier this is the extra cash i have. not the guy looking for 50% returns in a year XD

And nothing to be sorry you have some good knowledge about what you talk. and someone invests on your recommends than that's not your worry , you gave your thesis rest is upto them what to make of it.

Also allocation is less than 5% so wont even matter to be honest. 

Im anyway cashing out some positions and not adding any more money. because now im seeing even my chaiwala is opening a demat account . Red flags for me . 

52 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I dont care 1-2-3 years as i have said earlier this is the extra cash i have. not the guy looking for 50% returns in a year XD

And nothing to be sorry you have some good knowledge about what you talk. and someone invests on your recommends than that's not your worry , you gave your thesis rest is upto them what to make of it.

Also allocation is less than 5% so wont even matter to be honest. 

Im anyway cashing out some positions and not adding any more money. because now im seeing even my chaiwala is opening a demat account . Red flags for me . 

That's fine but I obviously don't want you people to take a loss.

I will make sure to make the timelines and the risks more explicit from now on.

I still believe in Strides, it's the management which has gone out of their minds seeing $$ signs behind the IPO and their efforts.