The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

Hmm... Not sure about stock since left that road a long time ago. 

For MFs, I use Kuvera to buy direct plans and save with a lower expense ratio. Can import my Kuvera portfolio to any other app like PayTM money and use that seamlessly. With Coin, I belive the steps are extra in terms of converting to non-demat and then moving to another platform. Though if someone wants to stick to Zerodha, then all's fine for them. 

People should just know why Coin is different than most other platforms out there for MFs. 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

True, to each their own. Just highlighting the demat mode for people like me who only invest in MFs currently (no stocks)

I also do direct MF sites. No middleman sh*t. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What features are missing on Coin though?

It works well enough and doesn't turn it into a 12 year old's game by converting the whole website into a drawing project.

Why would I need to rematerialize my investments?

By staying on Coin, I can see whether my PF is overweight for let's say IT sector by taking MF's components and my equity components together. I don't see any other offering for the same.

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

For MFs, I use Kuvera to buy direct plans and save with a lower expense ratio. Can import my Kuvera portfolio to any other app like PayTM money and use that seamlessly. With Coin, I belive the steps are extra in terms of converting to non-demat and then moving to another platform. Though if someone wants to stick to Zerodha, then all's fine for them. 

People should just know why Coin is different than most other platforms out there for MFs. 

Yeah. Most apps like Groww or Kuvera give you the option of uploading CAMS or Karvy statements, and can generate these insights for you (sector allocation etc).

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

True, to each their own. Just highlighting the demat mode for people like me who only invest in MFs currently (no stocks)

I also do direct MF sites. No middleman sh*t. 

What features are missing on Coin though?

It works well enough and doesn't turn it into a 12 year old's game by converting the whole website into a drawing project.

Why would I need to rematerialize my investments?

By staying on Coin, I can see whether my PF is overweight for let's say IT sector by taking MF's components and my equity components together. I don't see any other offering for the same.

Yeah. Most apps like Groww or Kuvera give you the option of uploading CAMS or Karvy statements, and can generate these insights for you (sector allocation etc).

I have shifted my MF SIPs to Kuvera recently it was earlier all on HDFC Sec for which I put a stop on the SIPs.

I use Kite for trading stocks, however I have a lot of stocks in my HDFC Sec account from long back is there any way I can easily transfer all of it to Kite ? 

8 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I have shifted my MF SIPs to Kuvera recently it was earlier all on HDFC Sec for which I put a stop on the SIPs.

I use Kite for trading stocks, however I have a lot of stocks in my HDFC Sec account from long back is there any way I can easily transfer all of it to Kite ? 

https://support.zerodha.com/category/account-opening/getting-started/other-queries/articles/how-do-i-transfer-shares-from-another-demat-account-to-my-zerodha-demat

• Thanks 1

@Bird Bird Bird Top line results will come after 36Ms but what will be the market size if (a huge if) this works?

https://www.alz.org/media/documents/alzheimers-facts-and-figures.pdf

Suspected 12 million cases by 2050. Almost 6 million in 2021. And this is just US. Asia is supposed to be the fastest growing market for Alzheimer (due to higher diagnostic capacity). 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/dementia#:~:text=Worldwide%2C around 50 million people,dependency among older people worldwide.

Around 6-7 million new cases every year globally. 

https://www.imarcgroup.com/alzeimers-drugs-market#:~:text=The global alzheimer's drugs market,period (2021-2026).

Around 6 billion USD market currently. 

Difficult to find exact figures, but around 60-70% of all Alzheimer patients have irritation/agitation/aggression, so big opportunity. However, another 5HT6 have failed in P3 trials, and SUVN-502 also missed primary endpoint in P2 trials. This P3 is for the specific subset of population with agitation (P2 subgroup analysis showed significant potential), but will have to wait and see the results. So far, 5HT6 as a class is a failure in Alzheimer. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.alz.org/media/documents/alzheimers-facts-and-figures.pdf

Suspected 12 million cases by 2050. Almost 6 million in 2021. And this is just US. Asia is supposed to be the fastest growing market for Alzheimer (due to higher diagnostic capacity). 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/dementia#:~:text=Worldwide%2C around 50 million people,dependency among older people worldwide.

Around 6-7 million new cases every year globally. 

https://www.imarcgroup.com/alzeimers-drugs-market#:~:text=The global alzheimer's drugs market,period (2021-2026).

Around 6 billion USD market currently. 

Difficult to find exact figures, but around 60-70% of all Alzheimer patients have irritation/agitation/aggression, so big opportunity. However, another 5HT6 have failed in P3 trials, and SUVN-502 also missed primary endpoint in P2 trials. This P3 is for the specific subset of population with agitation (P2 subgroup analysis showed significant potential), but will have to wait and see the results. So far, 5HT6 as a class is a failure in Alzheimer. 

So it's still a binary game then.

Better stick to Suven Phar then.

8 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

If you plan to invest in mutual fund via Coin, do read this link.

An extract is below:

"Demat mode of holding also adds extra charges, in addition to usual charges of mutual funds like the expense ratio, for each transactions." -what is this just read it somewhere.

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't think investing through demat-mode is a big deal unless you think that someday Zerodha will shut its shop.

Keeping a track of all of your investments and then balancing the sectors/segments across equity & MF is more than enough to make me use Coin.

Even if zerodha gets bust The AMC has all our details right? so we can just get the money from them.

Also havent kuvera had some trouble in the past?

10 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Even if zerodha gets bust The AMC has all our details right? so we can just get the money from them.

This isn't necessarily true. It's upto the distributor to apply charges. In case of Zerodha, no charges.

Even if Zerodha goes bust, all of our investments will be safe with CDSL, which is the securities depository in which our investments are held.

Now one can reason what if CDSL goes bust or flees away then in that case the AMCs will go bust first and your money will be lost anyway.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

This isn't necessarily true. It's upto the distributor to apply charges. In case of Zerodha, no charges.

Even if Zerodha goes bust, all of our investments will be safe with CDSL, which is the securities depository in which our investments are held.

Now one can reason what if CDSL goes bust or flees away then in that case the AMCs will go bust first and your money will be lost anyway.

Arre CDSL ka share price badhao bhai. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If cdsl goes bust we might have world war 3 lol XD thanks. So its safe to go ahead with coin. 

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Demat mode of holding also adds extra charges, in addition to usual charges of mutual funds like the expense ratio, for each transactions." -what is this just read it somewhere.

Like the AMC, which shouldn't matter if you already use Zerodha for shares.

Has anyone attended Apollo Hospitals concall ? I get that their topline and bottomline expanded drastically during covid, but since covid induced hospitalizations have reduced, do they see similar growth in future ? 

The stock is just rocketing like anything. Nearly up by 550 points in 2 days. Will reach 5000 in a day or two at this rate. 

Did anyone figure out the tax thing?

Asking again: In Tax P&L section of Zerodha, gains are listed as Intraday, STCG & LTCG.

Then the charges & debit/credit are listed.

Q1: Are the mentioned capital gains values post deduction of charges?

If not, then how to deduct the charges from the gains?

Q2: Does the Tax P&L Excel generated takes into account the buy & sell value including the charges or is it without charges as well?

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Has anyone attended Apollo Hospitals concall ? I get that their topline and bottomline expanded drastically during covid, but since covid induced hospitalizations have reduced, do they see similar growth in future ? 

The stock is just rocketing like anything. Nearly up by 550 points in 2 days. Will reach 5000 in a day or two at this rate. 

I haven't gone through the concall yet but now it has turned into 3x for me so I'll do some research. Price targets have been increased throughout.

Apollo and HCG looks to me the best bets for hospital play.