The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

On 8/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Did anyone figure out the tax thing?

Asking again: In Tax P&L section of Zerodha, gains are listed as Intraday, STCG & LTCG.

Then the charges & debit/credit are listed.

Q1: Are the mentioned capital gains values post deduction of charges?

If not, then how to deduct the charges from the gains?

Q2: Does the Tax P&L Excel generated takes into account the buy & sell value including the charges or is it without charges as well?

Sab tax bhar rhe hai but koi bta nhi skta :ranting:

33 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Arre STT is so small who gives a f**k. 

STT can't be deducted from LTCG afaik.

Apart from that charges can pile up doing intraday.

I don't do much but I did some last financial year and have 5k worth of charges which can be deducted.

16 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

STT can't be deducted from LTCG afaik.

Apart from that charges can pile up doing intraday.

I don't do much but I did some last financial year and have 5k worth of charges which can be deducted.

Angel had a different way of reporting it man, I have always seen STT deducted before arriving at Gains. LTCG need to double check..

If that was not netted in Zerodha, do it when you are filing, it should be the right way to do it, Does brokers do 26AS reporting ? 

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Angel had a different way of reporting it man, I have always seen STT deducted before arriving at Gains. LTCG need to double check..

If that was not netted in Zerodha, do it when you are filing, it should be the right way to do it, Does brokers do 26AS reporting ? 

Investors which report profit as capital gains, don't have the provision of deducting STT. Be it STCG or LTCG.

You can deduct it from intraday profit as for traders it is considered as an expense.

In Zerodha's Tax P&L report, expenses aren't included, check with them on Twitter. Tried to use their Quicko platform to get a sense but it doesn't include it as well. 

It does include my STCG in taxable income but then shows tax liability as 0.

Anyway, the problem is that Zerodha doesn't specify how much of STT is from Intra or STCG or LTCG. So I can't just deduct all of it from Intra gains.

I will just deduct the charges - STT from Intraday day profit and see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, psinide said:

Do you have to file for capital gains if you don't withdraw money from Zerodha and just reinvest it back into other stocks?

Yes, zerodha is just a broker and if you sell something with profit in stocks that means your PAN Card has gain some income.

So income tax is against the PAN Card not demat. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, psinide said:

Do you have to file for capital gains if you don't withdraw money from Zerodha and just reinvest it back into other stocks?

Yes, zerodha is just a broker and if you sell something with profit in stocks that means your PAN Card has gain some income.

So income tax is against the PAN Card not demat.