The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

7 hours ago, FT-9 said:

I have 10 stocks in my pf, 20% returns in 6 months, if I also consider the profits I 've booked then it would be 30%

Concentrated pf works well for long term, I 've seen ppl with 3-4 stocks in their pf with 50 60% cagr 

Even with 50 stocks, though majority of the capital is concentrated in 15, my returns have been above 20% in last 6 months.

I was talking about the stocks at the tail end, removing even those helps a lot.

Also, 3-4 stocks is over-concentration, I hardly think they have that much conviction in a stock. Also the capital amount matters, once you go higher up, 50-60% cagr is almost impossible.

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. No reason, eh ?

Also ITC, PNB up. Never thought would see the day. Had given up on PNB. 

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=18ce19bb-6fa8-4b93-9c82-c61ae385ed9a

Street knew it way before :lol:

330 pe aur bhar lena chahiye tha.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=18ce19bb-6fa8-4b93-9c82-c61ae385ed9a

Street knew it way before :lol:

330 pe aur bhar lena chahiye tha.

My setup gave an entry signal yday, infact continuous signals since a week. Was a fool not to add. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

55 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My setup gave an entry signal yday, infact continuous signals since a week. Was a fool not to add. 

What all do you use? RSI?

And this benefits SII much more than Biocon.

Vaccines are mainly a third world business and they got a great valuation for a manufacturing plant which isn't even open yet. Biocon still has to do R&D via their own capital.

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

What all do you use? RSI?

Vaccines are mainly a third world business and they got a great valuation for a manufacturing plant which isn't even open yet. Biocon still has to do R&D via their own capital.

Depends. RSI or MACD, and sometimes Wavetrend with Heikin Ashi - all for investment purpose though. Heikin Ashi and WT gave an entry on 30th August. 

Too occupied to do intraday tbh. I have tried, and work suffers, hence only going for cash positional nowadays. 

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's what I am thinking. 

BBL has to spend on Capex and R&D, and it might hit bottom line in short term. 

Plus is Covishield an umbrella term for a bucket of vaccines or just for covid ? Will it be applicable to new vaccines coming out in the futue (with new tech) or just variations of current type ? Too many questions. The next investor meet will be interesting. I hope some media outlet interviews anyone from the board for a comprehensive review and plan though. If they are investing in R&D for future growth, with new types of vaccines, I am hopeful, and don't want to miss the bus. 

Plus they already have a f**king replacement for Lantus. So much potential there ! Don't even know why the stock was down. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Too occupied to do intraday tbh. I have tried, and work suffers, hence only going for cash positional nowadays.

Same here. I tried to do it during college, but when I began getting margin calls in between the classes, stopped and left it all behind for long-term investing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Depends. RSI or MACD, and sometimes Wavetrend with Heikin Ashi - all for investment purpose though. Heikin Ashi and WT gave an entry on 30th August. 

Positional and intraday takes too much of my headspace. I hardly do them. 

Long term and few short/medium term conviction plays works well for me.

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Profit booking started in mid and small caps. Sudden fall in PF. 

Time to re enter if this continues. @KunjanPSD

My stocks are still fledgling.

Still waiting for a bit more of a cut.

Meanwhile Nifty is not stopping. Can't believe it has scaled up from 15.9k so quickly.