The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 hours ago, sumanth said:

There goes Deepak nitrate?

There will be dips. 

But read up about the business, you need to know the story. Deepak is mainly bulk biz right now and will be benefited by high commodity prices but that bulk biz is not sustainable.

Guys, I want to deviate from the usual FDs, Mutual funds and try my hand in stocks. Whats a good starting point? I am looking for something long term and not in the delusion of Jaguar in 3 months :lol:

I decided to stick with Nuvoco after reviewing their business, profits etc. But was about to sell it off after it fell 12% from listing price. Today it has risen. Many funds are saying it will cross 800+ in 1 year, so going to hold it. Hindsight says should have bought more when it fell but don't have that much courage now.

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I decided to stick with Nuvoco after reviewing their business, profits etc. But was about to sell it off after it fell 12% from listing price. Today it has risen. Many funds are saying it will cross 800+ in 1 year, so going to hold it. Hindsight says should have bought more when it fell but don't have that much courage now.

Personally, will be bullish only if crosses 543 and closes above it by end of Oct. Will be conservative till then. 

22 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

There will be dips. 

But read up about the business, you need to know the story. Deepak is mainly bulk biz right now and will be benefited by high commodity prices but that bulk biz is not sustainable.

Yup, 

I've read about the business in brief and looked good for long term that's why I wanted in my pf for long-term. Anyway there's always next time.

56 minutes ago, b!T said:

Guys, I want to deviate from the usual FDs, Mutual funds and try my hand in stocks. Whats a good starting point? I am looking for something long term and not in the delusion of Jaguar in 3 months :lol:

Open angel one account even if you have an existing demat account.

Subscribe to arq prime which should be free for new users or 99 annually.

Follows levels for short positional trades. Not all trades are successful but it's decent so far.

Use this time to learn the charts and then take independent calls. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheGothamChampion said:

I'm invested in Edelweiss US Technology Equity Fund of Fund. I started SIP 4 months ago and my gains are around 5% right now.

Many of my friends are super disappointed with their gains.