The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Expected. All panic sell. Even with the revenue loss, irctc was a monopoly with a huge potential. Don't know why the sudden urge to sell. Fundamentals were still intact. 

I'm holding for long. No plans to sell. 

Ye sab bc telegram, whatsapp, twitter sell tha. 

It's not just about fundamentals or whether the ticketing revenue made any impact or not.

It's about the integrity of the owners, if they can pull off this move right after the split then who is to say that they won't just come up with another bill saying that catering revenue needs to be shared as well?

Goodwill is an intangible asset which makes a part of the market cap. Decisions which don't care about the minority shareholders are bound to impact it.

I am not against PSUs, I have invested in a couple as well but I won't feel comfortable with such abuse of power.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Dude you did not sell it for a loss considering the current train wreck.

I see what you did there.

Applied for Nykaa's IPO and have set funds aside for Policy Bazaar's ipo. Let's see if this time lucky with the allotment.

39 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

As i said not big impact on revnues but more on the sentiments.

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's not just about fundamentals or whether the ticketing revenue made any impact or not.

It's about the integrity of the owners, if they can pull off this move right after the split then who is to say that they won't just come up with another bill saying that catering revenue needs to be shared as well?

Goodwill is an intangible asset which makes a part of the market cap. Decisions which don't care about the minority shareholders are bound to impact it.

I am not against PSUs, I have invested in a couple as well but I won't feel comfortable with such abuse of power.

Give it a couple of months. All will be forgotten. Not saying it's right or wrong, but no stock is "ideal". 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Give it a couple of months. All will be forgotten. Not saying it's right or wrong, but no stock is "ideal". 

True. But that doesn't build any confidence for long term holding.

Instead of giving a business time to grow, it's hoping that time will sort things out.

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Agree no stock is ideal. But i would stay away from PSU. But also agree that wealth can also be made in PSU. Two different guys with two different thinking's thats all :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Bought seqeunt on my Dad's account. Sara paisa usme dal diya galti se toh laurus reh gaya XD

I am looking to add as well, just waiting for the results. Lira's weakness affects Sequent negatively.

Long term thesis is intact but just need to find a good price.

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

New month. Same story.

I think I should start sipping Laurus labs now. It is at super low levels right now.

It's hard seeing such correction and thinking that only if I would have not added before, the avg. price would have been much lower.

But then again, no one could have foreseen such correction. 

So keep doing SIP, keep building quantity. Profits will follow.

Once you hit that quantity then you wouldn't be tempted to add on the uprise again. It would be like that you have already added at those levels.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

New month. Same story.

I think I should start sipping Laurus labs now. It is at super low levels right now.

As expected, 500 levels pe support. If this breaks, 350 is next. Consolidation will happen between these 2 levels. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

As expected, 500 levels pe support. If this breaks, 350 is next. Consolidation will happen between these 2 levels. 

I find it very hard to time such entries with a day job. Need to start making time, avg. price could have been 50 bucks lower.