The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Seeing how these IPOs are performing with hype. I am applying.

Latent View is what I want though.

Both Paytm and sapphire foods won't be having much listing gains, looking at subscription status and grey market premium. Though I feel sapphire foods will be good for long term investment.

All hype and hoopla! Even average IPO like Sapphire gonna perform well these days.

Although, I think it has potential in future though. It's kind of a unique market. They just need to give a bit of extra discount on their products. Their biggest strength is their variety of beauty products, something us men won't understand. Sadly, that is the only positive they have as far as I know.

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Legit Q - what's so great about Nykaa ? I haven't seen their RHP, but I'm also not aware of many people who shop from them. 

Almost Monopoly in beauty sector. Wife is regular customer, so is my sister. Share is at 2088 now. It is a good long term investment too. 

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Almost Monopoly in beauty sector. Wife is regular customer, so is my sister. Share is at 2088 now. It is a good long term investment too. 

I think you are underestimating what long term means here.

A lot has been said about Nykaa's business and prospects but most of the sensible content you'll find, modelled it for 10x P/S.

IPO was set at 22x.

It is now 45x.

Institutions will play these IPOs for now, just like Zomato. I can bet that in next 2 years, you'll see these stocks at atleast 50% discount from current price.

Even Amazon and Google have declined 50% multiple times since their IPO days, Nykaa & Paytm toh door ki baat.

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

A lot has been said about Nykaa's business and prospects but most of the sensible content you'll find, modelled it for 10x P/S.

IPO was set at 22x.

It is now 45x.

Institutions will play these IPOs for now, just like Zomato. I can bet that in next 2 years, you'll see these stocks at atleast 50% discount from current price.

Even Amazon and Google have declined 50% multiple times since their IPO days, Nykaa & Paytm toh door ki baat.

Add to that, the monopoly is not going to remain for long. 

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

IPO was set at 22x.

It is now 45x.

I have setup gtt at 1800 anyways. So let's see how long it lasts.

15 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Add to that, the monopoly is not going to remain for long. 

Nykaa does have something special with their influencer network.

At 10x P/S, I would have been comfortable with the oncoming competition, at current price, I might as well buy cosmetics from their website because those will retain their value better over the next 2 years.

• Haha 4

ZOMATO: 
Q2 CONS NET LOSS 4.3B RUPEES VS LOSS 2.3B (YOY) LOSS 3.56B (QOQ) 

Q2 REVENUE 10.2B RUPEES VS 4.26B (YOY); 8.44B (QOQ)

The management says that the losses went up because of:

1) Increased spending on marketing

2) Investments in emerging areas

3) Increase in delivery rates due unforeseen weather conditions (?)

Basically, they purposefully toned down their spending before the IPO to mute the losses.

And now things are getting back to normal.

Such a textbook IPO.