The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

I checked my Dad's MF portfolio today and all his funds are Regular funds not Direct :wallbash:

What options does he have ? Stop the regular plan SIPs and then start Direct plan SIPs? Or is there any way to switch from Regular to Direct ?

Also, all his MF are in HDFC Sec again - :wallbash: I want him to shift to Kuvera so I guess the only option I have is to open an account in Kuvera and start fresh and also stop all his SIPs in HDFC Sec and withdraw it when the time is right ? Any suggestions ?

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I checked my Dad's MF portfolio today and all his funds are Regular funds not Direct :wallbash:

What options does he have ? Stop the regular plan SIPs and then start Direct plan SIPs? Or is there any way to switch from Regular to Direct ?

Also, all his MF are in HDFC Sec again - :wallbash: I want him to shift to Kuvera so I guess the only option I have is to open an account in Kuvera and start fresh and also stop all his SIPs in HDFC Sec and withdraw it when the time is right ? Any suggestions ?

IMO yes. I too had some regular funds in HDFC sec from noob days and best option is to just stop all SIPs , sell them when it reaches LTCG. Parallely start investing in other platform of your choice. 

There is no option to "convert" to direct from regular without it being counted as sold + bought AFAIK

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Out of curiosity, why use Coin? Versus something like Kuvera or Groww where you directly hold the funds and the service acts as an intermediary

Just convenience.

My mom and sister can't manage these on their own. It was hard enough to make them learn how to navigate Zerodha.

Don't want to open yet another account and complicate things as I won't always be handling their accounts.

28 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

@KunjanPSD Also look up Canara Robeco Bluechip. My personal investment is in Axis BC and Canara BC. Their portfolio overlap is minimal. 

I might look at these for myself.

But for mom and sister, just sticking to Nifty 50, Next 50, PPFAS and Mirae. They don't know anything about investing, so sticking to whatever is the most historically sound.

There might be overlap in these but I am not targetting more than 15-20% CAGR for them.

9 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just convenience.

My mom and sister can't manage these on their own. It was hard enough to make them learn how to navigate Zerodha.

Don't want to open yet another account and complicate things as I won't always be handling their accounts.

Just a suggestion, take a look at Kuvera. It's super simple and if you're managing their investments then there's an option to link their accounts as a managed portfolio to your account.

When I researched the different services about 2 years back I found out that Coin holds your mutual funds investment in their demat account rather than you holding it directly with the fund house. This ties you in with Coin and incase you want to move off their service in the future it's going to be a fair bit of hassle, especially with long term investments.

Kuvera & even Groww to my knowledge just acts as intermediaries who showcase your portfolio and facilitates the buying and selling directly with the fund house. You can migrate in and out of any of these platforms easily.

Unless things have changed with Coin, I've found out that It's safer this way and you aren't locked in with a single paltform

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Just a suggestion, take a look at Kuvera. It's super simple and if you're managing their investments then there's an option to link their accounts as a managed portfolio to your account.

When I researched the different services about 2 years back I found out that Coin holds your mutual funds investment in their demat account rather than you holding it directly with the fund house. This ties you in with Coin and incase you want to move off their service in the future it's going to be a fair bit of hassle, especially with long term investments.

Kuvera & even Groww to my knowledge just acts as intermediaries who showcase your portfolio and facilitates the buying and selling directly with the fund house. You can migrate in and out of any of these platforms easily.

Unless things have changed with Coin, I've found out that It's safer this way and you aren't locked in with a single paltform

That's still the case with Coin.

And I do understand that in case I ever want to switch then I will have to rematerialise the Mutual Funds and pay the fees (150+gst).

Non-demat way is better, no doubt. I might look into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Market keeps trending up despite the increased Covid cases.

Feels a bit uneasy. Thinking about letting cashing a bit out but not sure.

Yeah, I was planning on adding a few qty. to the PF but I have a feeling that if the cases keep increasing and soon there are more restrictions the market might come down soon. Planning to wait and watch for a while. Although, during the 2nd wave in April/May the market did not dip much. 

Edited by SuperT

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah, I was planning on adding a few qty. to the PF but I have a feeling that if the cases keep increasing and soon there are more restrictions the market might come down soon. Planning to wait a watch for a while. Although, during the 2nd wave in April/May the market did not dip much. 

Yeah, it might not go down 5%+ but it might dip around 3% on one day. That happened during 2nd wave as well.

Today it seems like Christmas/New Year's is pumping the market so I'll wait.

Have almost 40% cash reserved.

Year end thing. Pretty sure it's gonna correct really soon. We know it can correct upto 3% in a single day. Happened just a few days ago.

Salary ke time pe bas up ho jata hai :ranting:

And I do understand that in case I ever want to switch then I will have to rematerialise the Mutual Funds and pay the fees (150+gst).
sh*t. Didn't know that. Does Kureva take any charges? It says no fees but are there any hidden charges? Gonna see Kureva now.

sh*t. Didn't know that. Does Kureva take any charges? It says no fees but are there any hidden charges? Gonna see Kureva now.

14 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Nope. No charges - I guess they might be using the data or may monetize in the future for some advance products. But as it stands - no charges.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Yeah, I was planning on adding a few qty. to the PF but I have a feeling that if the cases keep increasing and soon there are more restrictions the market might come down soon. Planning to wait and watch for a while. Although, during the 2nd wave in April/May the market did not dip much. 

My opinion piece - So far I don't think the market is worried about Omicron disrupting things too much. Lockdown here and there but life & business goes on mostly as usual. Vibe on the street is still neutral edging on caution. The US Feds change in QE stance + Omicron already got priced in in the recent correction.

Next spike I would imagine would be in Mid-Feb & March when the money printers stop printing money and Omicron is estimated to hit its peak. Till things would be trading sideways.

43 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Salary ke time pe bas up ho jata hai

What I've noticed in the past few months too. Have moved my MF investment days to the last week of the month now in of the first week.

36 minutes ago, dante77 said:

No charges. You can unlock extra features like family account management & tax harvesting alerts for a couple hundred bucks though. 

I have the trade smart one unlocked which tells me which funds & how much I can redeem / switch with minimal tax implications

3 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

No charges. You can unlock extra features like family account management & tax harvesting alerts for a couple hundred bucks though. 

I have the trade smart one unlocked which tells me which funds & how much I can redeem / switch with minimal tax implications

I got 1 year of Tax Harvesting free on Kuvera. Will use that in March to save some money. Good app/site/support Kuvera has.