The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

On 12/29/2021 at 11:53 AM, LordSpymaster said:

The fund was getting too much investment, so the managers restricted it to a 2.5K SIP. I myself have 2 of these SIPs running for a total of 5K per month.

Now Mirae has restricted SIPs to 2.5k/month at the PAN level. So my current month ones got rejected since I had 2 of those running. Can only invest 2.5k in this now. :thumbdown:

So now I have 2.5k free for another SIP. Any suggestions on really niche/sectoral MFs? Not looking for index/large/mid cap focus ones since existing funds cover these already. 

6 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Now Mirae has restricted SIPs to 2.5k/month at the PAN level. So my current month ones got rejected since I had 2 of those running. Can only invest 2.5k in this now. :thumbdown:

So now I have 2.5k free for another SIP. Any suggestions on really niche/sectoral MFs? Not looking for index/large/mid cap focus ones since existing funds cover these already. 

2.5 K is the max that one can SIP in it ??

Why would they do this ?  

4 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Maybe just divert that to Nasdaq 100?

Or look for some international fund which is heavy with players like Meta, Roblox in addition to the usual tech players.

Additionally Edelweiss Greater China Fund can also be explored. Chinese Markets are being beaten but I expect this to be transitory.

22 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

The difference between investing all of your money at the peak of a bull run vs at the bottom of a bear run will be minimal and negligible, 10 years down the line.

So maintain SIPs in tranches i.e. 4 times a month.

Keep money aside for lumpsum investment when the market dips.

As for tracking the NAV, possible but with extrapolation. You can track the basket of stocks but you can't track the error due inflow and outflow of investments on a daily basis.

Should be able to get a reasonable estimate nonetheless.

That's why one should invest in Index Funds 

50 minutes ago, Channu said:

2.5 K is the max that one can SIP in it ??

Why would they do this ?  

46 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

It’s difficult to maintain same performance as the fund’s AUM rises

Yup, I belive they gave this reason when they had restricted it. 

50 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Maybe just divert that to Nasdaq 100?

Or look for some international fund which is heavy with players like Meta, Roblox in addition to the usual tech players.

Additionally Edelweiss Greater China Fund can also be explored. Chinese Markets are being beaten but I expect this to be transitory.

I already have similar amounts for the NASDAQ and S&P500 funds by MO. That's why looking for something niche or highly sectoral/country driven (NON-US). 

Any other suggestions apart from the Chinese ones? 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I already have similar amounts for the NASDAQ and S&P500 funds by MO. That's why looking for something niche or highly sectoral/country driven (NON-US). 

Any other suggestions apart from the Chinese ones? 

Nothing which really interests me and is worth the risk. I have been researching for the same.

Metaverse is the only thing which stands out.

Maybe you can try some quant based funds?

Although, the returns might not be worth the hassle.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Holy f**king motherf**ker ! The RM handled it with utmost professionalism.

And encounter ! what the f**k ?!! Entitled a**hole. :loco:

He did a wonderful job. 

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not getting allocation probably resulted in a loss of around 70-100 Crores.

Anger is justified but not the language and the threats.

And I am pretty sure he would have received some allocation in HNI but not as much as he had hoped.

How is anger justified though , he should know at this level 100% allotment is not fixed.