The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

On 1/8/2022 at 11:16 AM, El Tigre Chino said:

I haven't done the research to recommend as such. Maybe @KunjanPSD or @Bird Bird Bird would be able to advise.

Vangaurd has an emerging market ETF that I'm aware of. For China I have zero clue.

Sorry man, haven't looked at US market for ages. :(

14 hours ago, vinodns said:

When an MBBS doctor starts giving financial advice it's time to exit the stock market.

That's all folks!

Poor bait ! :rofl:

At least I'm not shilling courses over Twitter. Could have been worse. ;)

Anyway, since there's no better thread for this:

A look at Navi loans, and how even uninstalling the app is considered as "fraud". One of the devs piped in with a burner account. Interesting discussion. 

@KunjanPSD I remember you were talking about Navi MFs a while back. While both ops look different, the app might be tracking a lot more than what's visible on the surface. 

3 hours ago, vinodns said:

My comment was simply because he is finding it very easy to track the stock market and how easy it is to make money here. He might not have seen a real brutal bear market.

Been investing since 2009 btw. Except the 2007 crisis, I too have seen the other crashes. 

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yup, saw this Navi nonsense. Another good thing to note was that firms like Navi plan to keep a person in the EMI world by offering to roll over for further terms. Do read that comment. 

Yeah. Read that too. Massive debt trap. 

I am not sure who said it is easy to make money from Stock market. It wasn't even the part of discussion. I Love it when these hipsters try to look cool by saying "You ain't seen a proper bear market", "You ain't seen sh*t" :rofl: make them look so pathetic! 

Learning basic concepts have nothing to do with perception of difficulty in stock market. I am prepared for worst case scenario myself. If it is coming, let it come. As long as I am investing, I'll go by the basics and keep investing. Someone here must have been investing from 1900s to see the real bear market or even before :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vinodns said:

When an MBBS doctor starts giving financial advice it's time to exit the stock market.

That's all folks!

Burh mbbs doctor is the one who can give you the best possible investment ideas when it comes to pharma companies , and if you checked his chart knowledge is really good. Also he started giving advice maybe an year back? If you exited then you lost 2x in index and almost 3-10x in indvidual stock opportunities . 

12 hours ago, vinodns said:

I made a tongue in cheek statement which was not meant to be offensive yet you (a different person) took it in a totally different way and are going on and on and on about it. Stop giving me so much importance. I don't need nor deserve it.

Go back to planning your entries in mutual funds on a daily basis.

Good day!

PS: Don't forget what I said before. You are talking about Nasdaq, a fact about it: I witnessed it falling 70% in 3 years. There is a reason why no post is made in the Crypto thread for 8 days. The same will happen on this thread sooner rather than later. Last but not the least. Having the ability to read a balance sheet doesn't guarantee one will constantly make profits in the stock markets. Mark this in your journal. Bye bye!

No one can constantly make profits in stock markets , making a loss is the very first thing to be learnt , also crypto people know what they have invested in , most of them have invested throw away money . If you cant add anything valuable to thread atleast don't troll.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yup, saw this Navi nonsense. Another good thing to note was that firms like Navi plan to keep a person in the EMI world by offering to roll over for further terms. Do read that comment. 

I was shocked at "You cant uninstall the app" , dude that's FBI level stalking sh*t. Why?

18 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I was shocked at "You cant uninstall the app" , dude that's FBI level stalking sh*t. Why?

Read the comment by a dev on that post. He explains what they use the data for and why it is beneficial for NAVI to ensure people keep their app installed. 

19 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Because then they can't track your spends etc. The level of which can be harvested from SMS access is just crazy. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sorry man, haven't looked at US market for ages. :(

Poor bait ! :rofl:

At least I'm not shilling courses over Twitter. Could have been worse. ;)

Anyway, since there's no better thread for this:

A look at Navi loans, and how even uninstalling the app is considered as "fraud". One of the devs piped in with a burner account. Interesting discussion. 

@KunjanPSD I remember you were talking about Navi MFs a while back. While both ops look different, the app might be tracking a lot more than what's visible on the surface. 

Saw this. 

I don't think this has implications on their MF offerings but yes, would stay away from it.

In other news, Hikal gonna start having bad hiccups :)

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Read the comment by a dev on that post. He explains what they use the data for and why it is beneficial for NAVI to ensure people keep their app installed. 

we also used to collect data on contact and most used contact so we can ping them in case of default. But it was waste as we realise most of people most contacted no are not relatives or family. We concluded that now people mostly use whatsapp messaging and calling features to stay in touch with close one. So we stopped collecting that data.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FXXX?

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Good. I can finally invest in Hikal. :bigyellowgrin:

Bad governance issue. Has propped up before as well.

Not really sure if it's the sub contractor's fault but hard to believe it's a coincidence when the same thing happens again.

Either the management didn't care enough or is still dirty. 

I might offload some of my position tomorrow and wait for a clarification from the management. 

But if it dips 30-50%, then will buy the lot.

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FXXX?

Pretty common actually. Almost all financial companies do this if you have their app on the phone (you obviously have agreed to the 30-40 page terms/conditions). I interned at a data analytics company and was working with the team that used to analyze financial data. Almost all the clients were tracking sms/emails to create a customer profile so that customized rates and offers could be extended. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Pretty common actually. Almost all financial companies do this if you have their app on the phone (you obviously have agreed to the 30-40 page terms/conditions). I interned at a data analytics company and was working with the team that used to analyze financial data. Almost all the clients were tracking sms/emails to create a customer profile so that customized rates and offers could be extended. 

Cred already does that.

Navi seems to have gone too far.

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I think the bigger question is pinging someone else in your contact list if one defaults on their loan. That's pretty crazy tbh. It a huge divulgence of personal information. 

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Cred already does that.

Navi seems to have gone too far.

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think the bigger question is pinging someone else in your contact list if one defaults on their loan. That's pretty crazy tbh. It a huge divulgence of personal information. 

Agreed. That is taking it too far. But I guess with all the financial companies gradual shift to digital including the big older players all this is going to be inevitable in the long run. Basically if you own a smartphone - forget privacy.  

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Agreed. That is taking it too far. But I guess with all the financial companies gradual shift to digital including the big older players all this is going to be inevitable in the long run. Basically if you own a smartphone - forget privacy.  

Actually, this level of surveillance might even be justified and essential.

Because people who are gonna borrow from these apps will be the ones who weren't able to credit from anywhere else.

Shady credit and spending history.

That contact thing is what gives me the creeps, that's basically a form of doxing.

• Like 1