The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

@KnackChap

Can we have a bookmarked comment on this thread that tells that whatever is being discussed in this thread is not investment advice etc etc.   Looks like people are taking comments and discussions seriously to an extent of needless name calling.

9 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

@KnackChap

Can we have a bookmarked comment on this thread that tells that whatever is being discussed in this thread is not investment advice etc etc.   Looks like people are taking comments and discussions seriously to an extent of needless name calling.

First post of the thread says so.

4 hours ago, Pacifier said:

@KnackChap

Done. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Im at cost to cost on hikal. Can't make up whether to hold or square off. 

I am holding. Has recovered quite a bit.

Won't sell until some major developments come into play.

Then again, my position has quite a margin of safety.

5 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

HDFC Sold all of it. why buy it in first place tough . 

Still not buying it . Paytm does not have any strong MOAT. Or does it? 

I think it does but that doesn't matter since it is making losses consistently. Maybe after 3-4 years it would be good. 

Confession: I added some at the bottom thinking of a quick short term gain :fear1: now the dip dipping :fear1: Although, I almost never buy something I am not confident of and always thought paytm is a weak stock, still thought it could make some quick money. Guess it sucks for that too! 

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I think it does but that doesn't matter since it is making losses consistently. Maybe after 3-4 years it would be good. 

Confession: I added some at the bottom thinking of a quick short term gain :fear1: now the dip dipping :fear1: Although, I almost never buy something I am not confident of and always thought paytm is a weak stock, still thought it could make some quick money. Guess it sucks for that too! 

What MOAT though ? (Trying to understand here) . Because everything it does from booking to upi there are 100's of apps that does that.
Only single thing i can think of is everything is under one single app. nothing else.

Also never buy constant dipping stock unless you know charts and its near support ( I know zero things about charts hence i never double dip on sinking stocks )

32 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am holding. Has recovered quite a bit.

Won't sell until some major developments come into play.

Then again, my position has quite a margin of safety.

Yeah holding it. Sort of recovered from the opening gap down. 

I don't think PayTM has much of a moat. Wallets are dead any everyone uses UPI now. There are dozen UPI apps in the market which are all clones of each other. Using one UPI app doesn't restrict you from sending money to anyone, as all you need is a UPI ID or QR code. From personal experience atleast Google Pay seems to be the most popular one so it's not like PayTM is a market leader either.

28 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

HDFC Sold all of it. why buy it in first place tough . 

Still not buying it . Paytm does not have any strong MOAT. Or does it? 

Paytm IPO was 3 years late to the market. If it had launched in 6-12 months after demo with reasonable price it could've been huge with the first mover advantage. 

4 minutes ago, Banz said:

I don't think PayTM has much of a moat. Wallets are dead any everyone uses UPI now. There are dozen UPI apps in the market which are all clones of each other. Using one UPI app doesn't restrict you from sending money to anyone, as all you need is a UPI ID or QR code. From personal experience atleast Google Pay seems to be the most popular one so it's not like PayTM is a market leader either.

Yup. Gpay seems to be the go to for UPI now and others like cred are providing much better cash rewards for wallet/UPI transactions unlike paytm which is mostly just vouchers. I personally use Samsung pay and it's much faster than gpay or any other UPI app + the rewards system is very good. 

11 minutes ago, Banz said:

Phonepe stole market share from them in regard to upi , and tommorow someone with huge pockets can do the same. thats why im skeptical about paytm. It has nothing special  . 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Gpay seems to be the go to for UPI now and others like cred are providing much better cash rewards for wallet/UPI transactions unlike paytm which is mostly just vouchers. I personally use Samsung pay and it's much faster than gpay or any other UPI app + the rewards system is very good. 

100% of all my customer payments are from Gpay or direct bank transfers. none of it are from phone pe or paytm . Im still surprise that phone is leader in the upi space.

• Like 1