The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

What are some good Nasdaq funds ?

I narrowed down - Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 anyone has any experience ?

Yes, 1 month of experience. :roflroll:

I bought into this since no other NASDAQ fund seemed good enough. I did, however, diversify into non tech by also buying the S&P fund.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yes, 1 month of experience. :roflroll:

I bought into this since no other NASDAQ fund seemed good enough. I did, however, diversify into non tech by also buying the S&P fund.

1 month then it must be in negative because the markets have been crashing in the US since the past few weeks. I am planning on starting a very small sip in it. Lets see how it goes. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

1 month then it must be in negative because the markets have been crashing in the US since the past few weeks. I am planning on starting a very small sip in it. Lets see how it goes. 

Pretty much. I spaced it out and right now close to 2% down. I expect the drop to continue.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Pretty much. I spaced it out and right now close to 2% down. I expect the drop to continue.

Thanks. I'm sure you're in it for the long run so nothing to worry in fact I feel this may be a good time for entry into us stocks/nasdaq.

Edited by SuperT

33 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Thanks. I'm sure you're in it for the long run so nothing to worry in fact I feel this may be a good time for entry into us stocks/nasdaq.

Definitely.

Seeing more value in High growth stocks and Nasdaq as compared to Indian Markets.

• Like 1

Actually Mirae FAANG+ ETF/FoF looks decent.

Could be a nice way to play the top US market technology and consumer market.

I don't like holdings of Baidu and Alibaba in it though, solely because they are investing via NYSE and thus in "variable interest" entities.

China has already started to crack down on it.

Much rather prefer Edelweiss China fund for Chinese exposure as they feed into JPMC's fund and invest directly in HKG.

But as a whole, might not be a bad bet as compared to Nasdaq.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

They are basically just buying their own ETF in the fund hence FoF. TER is 0.28%, not bad at all.

Do you have details of the holdings? Seems to be not available at the couple of places I checked. It only said 99.62% equity. Are they holding shares or ETFs or a combination? I mean it would be interesting to know the ER of the underlying ETF

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

They are basically just buying their own ETF in the fund hence FoF. TER is 0.28%, not bad at all.

I checked again and this below seems to be underlying ETF with an ER of 0.43% which will be in addition to the ER of 0.28% of the FoF, right? Both ERs will be borne by the FoF unit holder ultimately right? 

https://www.tickertape.in/etfs/mirae-asset-nyse-fang-etf-MAFAN?src=kite&ref=kite_stock-widget&session=kite

24 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Do you have details of the holdings? Seems to be not available at the couple of places I checked. It only said 99.62% equity. Are they holding shares or ETFs or a combination? I mean it would be interesting to know the ER of the underlying ETF

The pdf is available on the fund page, has all the details.

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I checked again and this below seems to be underlying ETF with an ER of 0.43% which will be in addition to the ER of 0.28% of the FoF, right? Both ERs will be borne by the FoF unit holder ultimately right? 

https://www.tickertape.in/etfs/mirae-asset-nyse-fang-etf-MAFAN?src=kite&ref=kite_stock-widget&session=kite

In the document and the other brokerages only 0.28% is mentioned. So ultimately that should be the expense ratio unless they haven't fully disclosed it.

Even if it's the other case, that will still amount to 0.68-0.7% of final TER, which is on par with their other offerings and MFs like PPFAS.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

This is the part I'm unclear on with FoFs holding ETF too. Logically fees would be FoF TER + ETF TER. 

On 1/10/2022 at 1:22 PM, KnackChap said:

Yup. Gpay seems to be the go to for UPI now and others like cred are providing much better cash rewards for wallet/UPI transactions unlike paytm which is mostly just vouchers. I personally use Samsung pay and it's much faster than gpay or any other UPI app + the rewards system is very good. 

Just after I commented here I came across this tweet. Paytm completely left in the dust.