The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

"Motilal Oswal AMC suspends lumpsum or switch-in subscriptions under the schemes: S&P 500 index fund, MSCI EAFE fund, Nasdaq FOF with effect frm 17/1/2022.

SEBI has set limit for overseas investments for MFs upto $1b. The above measure is temporary, till SEBI increases the limit."

33 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

"Motilal Oswal AMC suspends lumpsum or switch-in subscriptions under the schemes: S&P 500 index fund, MSCI EAFE fund, Nasdaq FOF with effect frm 17/1/2022.

SEBI has set limit for overseas investments for MFs upto $1b. The above measure is temporary, till SEBI increases the limit."

If I initiate an SIP with it will that continue? Been doing lumpsums so far

8 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

If I initiate an SIP with it will that continue? Been doing lumpsums so far

Same situation and questions here. 

Article: https://www.livemint.com/mutual-fund/motilal-oswal-mutual-fund-stops-lumpsums-into-its-s-p-500-nasdaq-and-eafe-funds-11642091121484.html

>The asset management company (AMC) has taken action after it neared the market regulator’s overall $1 billion investment limit in foreign stocks. The stoppage will take effect on 17 January. The stoppage is likely to be temporary as the regulator will likely hike the limit soon, the person said, requesting anonymity.

Edited by LordSpymaster

Not sure why the regulator is using absolute amount to set limits. They should just say something like the AMC should be able to only invest 10 or 15% (example) of their total managed AUM in foreign stocks. etc 

The US markets are expected to go down further specially tech stocks (Nasdaq 100 is tech focussed). I think it might be a good time to start investing. 

Feeling a little uneasy with the Indian markets growth. I think with the budget around the corner a dip can be expected soon. Will wait and watch. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Same situation and questions here. 

Article: https://www.livemint.com/mutual-fund/motilal-oswal-mutual-fund-stops-lumpsums-into-its-s-p-500-nasdaq-and-eafe-funds-11642091121484.html

>The asset management company (AMC) has taken action after it neared the market regulator’s overall $1 billion investment limit in foreign stocks. The stoppage will take effect on 17 January. The stoppage is likely to be temporary as the regulator will likely hike the limit soon, the person said, requesting anonymity.

Current AUM is close to 4700 Crores, still a bit of leeway for the $1B mark.

I am not creating a SIP now because the tech market will surely dip further. Last day's move alone kinda wiped out the weak recovery.

I might just buy their Nasdaq 100 ETF instead when the market dips.

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

The US markets are expected to go down further specially tech stocks (Nasdaq 100 is tech focussed). I think it might be a good time to start investing. 

Feeling a little uneasy with the Indian markets growth. I think with the budget around the corner a dip can be expected soon. Will wait and watch. 

I wouldn't count on that budget dip, last year it was a boon for the market. Not expecting anything different.

As for US markets, I want to divide my PF in 80/20 ratio (domestic/international). 

Right now it's 95/5 and I have cash stocked up, I will majorly be deploying that in US (mainly Nasdaq) to bring the divide closer to my intended ratio.

Maybe Kotak's FoF or just MO's Nasdaq 100 ETF.

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I wouldn't count on that budget dip, last year it was a boon for the market. Not expecting anything different.

As for US markets, I want to divide my PF in 80/20 ratio (domestic/international). 

Right now it's 95/5 and I have cash stocked up, I will majorly be deploying that in US (mainly Nasdaq) to bring the divide closer to my intended ratio.

Maybe Kotak's FoF or just MO's Nasdaq 100 ETF.

I have a feeling since the market is at a high - it needs an excuse to come down. Budget this time will focus on the farmers (elections coming up) is what I believe. If the budget is good then yeah maybe the market wont come down but if it is not good it might dip a bit. But who knows, only time will tell. 

I started investing in US markets only this month and looking forward to investing more in the US markets in the coming months. Will slowly keep increasing the cut.

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Bro really ? WTF???? Guess i will Dis-continue my sip with them now. 

Don't. Even if they added that doesn't mean the PF % will be considerable. It was just 1-2% at best.

Anyway, I got this info. from an aggregator website, can't vouch for the authenticity.

Will try to research more.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't. Even if they added that doesn't mean the PF % will be considerable. It was just 1-2% at best.

Anyway, I got this info. from an aggregator website, can't vouch for the authenticity.

Will try to research more.

its not 1-2% ITs about not following the core value a mutual fund follows. 

9 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

its not 1-2% ITs about not following the core value a mutual fund follows. 

Not really.

The manager could be following her/his own approach. Can't really doubt a person because of 1% of their PF. Maybe the person is into the growing loanbook or maybe the stock has been beaten too much.

These are growth funds, they will take such positions despite of what the market thinks and honestly, the market and the social media has shaped what we think about Paytm's valuations.

• Like 1

Hikal has broken the first daily support at around 464ish on BSE but not NSE, yet. Most probably will.

Next support lies around 441-442, which happens to be the 61.8% Fib retracement level as well.

Given how the stock rallied, a time + value correction was due nonetheless. Expecting a bounce back from 440 levels, will be looking to add to my position there.

Last added was at 485.

49 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Is there any stock , any single stock that hasn't been 2x from 2020 (Before covid crash) and is avaiable at resonable valuations ?

Hero? also Exide(im in it for long)

Edited by Pacifier