The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

17 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

ITC :roflroll:

But if you buy at this levels you have to be ready to see red on screen and not pani. Also can give recommendations if you want to study and not blindly go in just because i said so. 

Sure give me the names. I will invest because you seem to have good luck while buying PS5s :roflroll:

I plan for IRCTC, ICICI, Airtel, etc once I can study them enough.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I will invest because you seem to have good luck while buying PS5s 

This is why i wont give names :roflroll: because this time i got no ps5's lmao 

32 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

IRCTC

Do remember its a PSU's invest only if you think government wont interfere (Highly unlikely) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

So my Zerodha account is open successfully. Any good stock recommendations people here are tracking? I can return with good MF recommendations. :thumbsup:

Don't buy off recommendations, learn how to analyse companies and why you're investing in them. If you don't have conviction in what you're buying, you'll sell at a wrong time when it drops 5-10% or hold on to it for too long. Both ways end up making a loss.

That said, large cap bluechip companies like Reliance, Asian Paints, HDFC, etc are good ones to start of with. Understand how much risk you can take psychologically and then go for more riskier bets.

5 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Don't buy off recommendations, learn how to analyse companies and why you're investing in them. If you don't have conviction in what you're buying, you'll sell at a wrong time when it drops 5-10% or hold on to it for too long. Both ways end up making a loss.

I know all this my man, and analyzing firms is a part of my job anyways. Thanks though.

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I know all this my man, and analyzing firms is a part of my job anyways. Thanks though.

Sorted fir. I've been giving this advice to folks just opening up trading accounts after seeing the hype.

Bunch of folks in the circle losing money in silly ways and then putting others off investing.

16 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Sorted fir. I've been giving this advice to folks just opening up trading accounts after seeing the hype.

Bunch of folks in the circle losing money in silly ways and then putting others off investing.

I had an account till 2020 when my job forced me to close it. That's when I switched over to MFs. But now I'm tryna get back in it.

Edited by LordSpymaster

14 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Same, friends are buying penny stocks and heavily marketed stock.

Current fav is the BCG.

Then you're better off without me , i pick stocks on basis of TUKKA Analysis XD

4 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

For US exposure - MO NASDAQ and MO S&P

What are you doing about these? Going ahead with high value SIP?

I am thinking to just invest in Kotak's Nasdaq 100 fund.

ICICI's fund has a higher expense ratio.

US stocks have really been beaten. Compounders like Zoetis and Thermo Fisher down almost 20%.

Waiting for Roblox, Meta, Rocket Labs and Planet Labs to bottom out. That's my pick but direct US equity is tedious.

40 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

What are you doing about these? Going ahead with high value SIP?

I am thinking to just invest in Kotak's Nasdaq 100 fund.

ICICI's fund has a higher expense ratio.

US stocks have really been beaten. Compounders like Zoetis and Thermo Fisher down almost 20%.

Waiting for Roblox, Meta, Rocket Labs and Planet Labs to bottom out. That's my pick but direct US equity is tedious.

The investment in these are around 25% of my monthly investment. I'm in it for the long term, and have always kept a horizon of 5 years at the minimum. So its more of a bet on the indices/market/USA rather than a few stocks.

The investment in these are around 25% of my monthly investment. I'm in it for the long term, and have always kept a horizon of 5 years at the minimum. So its more of a bet on the indices/market/USA rather than a few stocks.

That's what I am doing as well, mostly.

What I meant was you are going with high value SIP and not some other fund?

11 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Axis Bluechip

PPFC

Mirae Emerging

Quant Small Cap

Mirae Tax Saver and Canara for ELSS

For US exposure - MO NASDAQ and MO S&P

I put about 2k per month in quant small cap. Was drunk one night felt like gambling and started it. Is it any good? I am getting the best return in my line up at this very moment. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's what I am doing as well, mostly.

What I meant was you are going with high value SIP and not some other fund?

Nah, about ~60% goes in PPFC and Axis and ~25 total in both MO ones. The Indian funds cover the domestic market well and so I got some exposure to the international one. The MO ones seemed better than others since they've been investing longer than many of the newer US funds and performance/expenses also seemed reasonable.

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I put about 2k per month in quant small cap. Was drunk one night felt like gambling and started it. Is it any good? I am getting the best return in my line up at this very moment. 

For 2K its good, cause it's risky and I would suggest investing a smaller amount in it. It gives you exposure to a model based fund so returns will probably have the most deviation in your portfolio. 

• Like 1

There's a good article in TOI Plus regarding the LIC IPO if anyone's interested.

Key points:

• For almost two years, India has steeled itself for a gargantuan task: readying the country’s premier insurer — with nearly $500 billion in assets and a valuation estimated as high as $203 billion — for what could become its biggest-ever stock listing. LIC’s debut will test the depth of the nation’s capital markets and global appetite for its state-owned crown jewel.
  • Bankers say global investors worry about the autonomy of an institution regularly pressed into service to rescue teetering banks and floundering state assets. Local investors are sceptical that the 65-year-old firm can compete against up-and-comers
  • A knockout listing could see LIC raise as much as $10 billion from the IPO with a minimum dilution of 5%
  • Sitharaman has set a March deadline for the listing. If investors agree with the $203 billion valuation sought by the government, LIC would compete against India’s biggest companies
  • In March 2020, LIC’s property holdings were internally valued at about $5.8 billion, according to a person with knowledge of the matter, though it’s unclear whether all of this was adjusted to current market rates

The DHRP is expected by Jan end, and definitely before the budget season. So keep an eye out for it.

As expected, beating all around.

PF has been bleading with Hikal, Laurus, Ingrevia and Mastek taking a thrashing.

Coming back to what I said earlier, it's time to build quantity, post Q4FY22 profits will show up.

Hard to see Hikal though. CG issues will plague this for quite a while.