The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

17 minutes ago, R1shabh said:

What's the view on TCS buyback at 4500 p/s? With market down, it could be a good opportunity to buy some stocks and score 5% in a month. 

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Buyback is a lottery, just like IPO.

Seeing how number of users have increased and the information flow. I don't think it will cross more than 50% acceptance ratio. The lower share prices go, acceptance would only decrease. I think it will have around 40% of acceptance ratio. Maybe less. Hope I am wrong. 

I have TCS for long term, average at 3607 but only 5 shares. Want to take advantage of buyback but won't buy at this level. Maybe around 3700 levels. Let's see

Yesterday, cousin bought equal $ amounts of following (fractional shares)

• GOOGL @ $2527.51
  • MSFT @ $281.84
  • AMZN @ $2761.00
  • NVDA @ $215.30
  • NFLX @ $359.53

Any views? Cousin has half allocation for this month's 'SIP in stocks' left over for more buying. Any particular suggestions to look out for before this month end?

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Yesterday, cousin bought equal $ amounts of following (fractional shares)

• GOOGL @ $2527.51
  • MSFT @ $281.84
  • AMZN @ $2761.00
  • NVDA @ $215.30
  • NFLX @ $359.53

Any views? Cousin has half allocation for this month's 'SIP in stocks' left over for more buying. Any particular suggestions to look out for before this month end?

Bro, you can't really keep helping your cousin.

If he requires guidance then he needs to do the research and till then just invest in top stocks or index because otherwise if the price goes below his avg. price, he will be left stranded.

21 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, you can't really keep helping your cousin.

If he requires guidance then he needs to do the research and till then just invest in top stocks or index because otherwise if the price goes below his avg. price, he will be left stranded.

here are all the stocks in cousin's portfolio (apart from some ETFs tracking the indices), cousin is not looking at any other stocks

NVDA

AMZN

MSFT

GOOGL

NFLX

JPM

TSLA

WMT

BAC

BRK B

AAPL

FB

JNJ

PG

V

PFE

GOOG

My cousin's simple process is to have a fixed total investment amount each month and invest in those securities out of above list which are most in loss so that cousin can do dollar cost averaging. Cousin wants to build up a good base in these bluechips first by doing monthly SIP type investments and then, do research to invest strategically. Building up a good base could take my cousin at least 1-2 years

does that make sense in your opinion?

Edited by 0verlord