The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

On 1/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, dante77 said:

Market down so much but I've got no money to buy dip or top up my MF :wOOtjumpy:

On 1/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, rushaboswal said:

Same, have little money but will wait for more dip

lel, whereas mui, minting muniz from Nifty PE's :happydance:

• Sad 1

I am just sad that I am totally out of funds. Already burned up by buying what I thought was the dip. 

Also, looking to trim my portfolio. Too many stocks and over diversified right now. It was important since I was learning. Now, the time to trim up is here and consolidate my main long term portfolio. 

4 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I am just sad that I am totally out of funds. Already burned up by buying what I thought was the dip. 

Also, looking to trim my portfolio. Too many stocks and over diversified right now. It was important since I was learning. Now, the time to trim up is here and consolidate my main long term portfolio. 

You don't necessarily need to trim and sell your positions if you intend on building bulk of it in a few stocks. With time the allocation will be miniscule.

Like I have 40 stocks right now, 40!

But almost 85% of the capital is in 10 stocks. The rest 15% distributed in the 30 stocks just helps in defence and are mainly blue-chips with a few tracking positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

You don't necessarily need to trim and sell your positions if you intend on building bulk of it in a few stocks. With time the allocation will be miniscule.

Like I have 40 stocks right now, 40!

But almost 85% of the capital is in 10 stocks. The rest 15% distributed in the 30 stocks just helps in defence and are mainly blue-chips with a few tracking positions.

Dude! Same! But what the f**k? 40? You guys are one of the reason I think I have too many stocks and looking to trim :p I have 34 stocks in my PF right now. But only around 6-7 of them have good capital. Looking to make that number around 10-11. 

This is such a relief to know, lol. 

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

Dude! Same! But what the f**k? 40? You guys are one of the reason I think I have too many stocks and looking to trim :p I have 34 stocks in my PF right now. But only around 6-7 of them have good capital. Looking to make that number around 10-11. 

This is such a relief to know, lol. 

Yeh dekh Bhai. If I include other demat ac + wife's ac. Number crosses 60. LOL. 

SmartSelect_20220127-122413.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There is no point of having so many stocks if you don't have a sizeable portfolio. 

Like, what's the point of spending so much energy on tracking 50 stocks if your portfolio is worth less than a car. 

Depends on the value of the car ? :lol:

Alto ? Santro ? Nexon ? Creta ? Alcazar ? Kaun si car ?

• Haha 4