The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

13 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

PPFAS stops fresh investments from 2nd Feb, lock in your SIPs and lumpsum today/tomorrow asap.

Edit: Indian MF blanket limit of $7B in international investments has been crossed.

I guess it will be upgraded in due time.

Question: On Coin, SIP option is available, not AMC SIP. Will it be the same?

Edited by KunjanPSD

31 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Edit: Indian MF blanket limit of $7B in international investments has been crossed.

I guess it will be upgraded in due time.

Question: On Coin, SIP option is available, not AMC SIP. Will it be the same?

No, only AMC SIPs will continue if placed now. I just began mine and put in a lumpsum too which will be executed tomorrow. 

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Shark Tank ka kamaal. :rofl:

But they have balls. Selling rebranded maal and asking this valuations .

i watched one ep of shark tank where one guy says (one of the sharks) that B2C is dying. Stopped watching it any further 

17 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Crude oil > $90. Might not bite us till the time elections are over but it eventually will.

As soon as UP is done.

Just now, rushaboswal said:

But they have balls. Selling rebranded maal and asking this valuations .

i watched one ep of shark tank where one guy says (one of the sharks) that B2C is dying. Stopped watching it any further 

As soon as UP is done.

I've got some free Boat stuff from the company. They are the shittiest audio products I've ever used, worse than many ChiFi stuff. 

I've no idea how it sells so much. How much marketing do you need to trump such piss poor quality ?

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've got some free Boat stuff from the company. They are the shittiest audio products I've ever used, worse than many ChiFi stuff. 

I've no idea how it sells so much. How much marketing do you need to trump such piss poor quality ?

I haven't used their stuff but I have heard that some of their products like Rockerz 510, provide a good bang for the buck.

Obviously people like us who are accustomed to high end products can't relate.

And I just hate how company dishes such useless things out, just add another 500-1000 in the paycheck, lol.

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What is the cheapest earbuds you would advice, amongst the truly wireless ones.

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

There are some good quality products from there, but rebranded. also sooooooo many options out there and the industry has no barries for entry. most of the sell from amazon and flipkart . Tommorow if amazon starts selling amazon basics they are screwed. also not marketing but paid / fake reviews is how it works.

28 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

What is the cheapest earbuds you would advice, amongst the truly wireless ones.

Depends on your use case.

Jabra Elite series is relatively cheap and decent.  I've heard many good reviews about it from real users. And the call quality is apparently good too. 

I found them a bit treble heavy, but I think (?) the app has equilizer controls. 

For excellent music, you can't go wrong with WF1000XM4 or Momentum TWS2. 

I haven't heard the more expensive ones, but head over to Headphonezone. There are many ChiFi which are excellent. Have heard good things about Lypertek, Edifier among others. 

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

There are some good quality products from there, but rebranded. also sooooooo many options out there and the industry has no barries for entry. most of the sell from amazon and flipkart . Tommorow if amazon starts selling amazon basics they are screwed. also not marketing but paid / fake reviews is how it works.

Paid/fake reviews and influencers would also count as marketing, right ? 

I mean, the company is doing 500cr+ worth of sales every year.

Boat can easily go down like Micromax did a few years back.

Apart from being known and commanding some brand value in the 500-5000 INR. space they don't have any real moat. Even with the amount of units they are selling their profit margins are quite thin. If they increase their price to increase margins then they lose market share because there's no loyalty in that price band. 

I believe the IPO is an OFS too, not too hot on that either. Staying away from IPOs till JPow makes up his mind, may be able to pick these companies up on listing for cheaper if you actually have conviction in them.

24 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Apart from being known and commanding some brand value in the 500-5000 INR. space they don't have any real moat. Even with the amount of units they are selling their profit margins are quite thin. If they increase their price to increase margins then they lose market share because there's no loyalty in that price band. 

I believe the IPO is an OFS too, not too hot on that either. Staying away from IPOs till JPow makes up his mind, may be able to pick these companies up on listing for cheaper if you actually have conviction in them.

Yeah. I'm not too sure about Boat's IPO as well. No moat. 

38 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Paid/fake reviews and influencers would also count as marketing, right ? 

I mean, the company is doing 500cr+ worth of sales every year.

Yes right. 

28 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

The brand value they have can also be easily destroyed. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Thoughts on Nykaa and ICICI Bank at current levels?

Slowly adding to my position on Nykaa. Their entry into fashion retail is what I'm unsure about but bullish on their dominance in makeup & wellness retail space.

Overall bearish in general till March though. I like the company but may get it at a better price in a month just by its association with the other tech players getting a beating, viz. Zomato & Paytm.